Jets (will maybe, someday) sign Brandon Pettigrew. Or not.

Favorite_Toon

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, what the f*ck is wrong with you?

I hope you've enjoyed your second stint at JetNation.  It's been a blast for us.

Have a nice life, scumbag.

Nothing is wrong with me, I don't buy into propaganda. If a simple gif of someone laughing bothers you so much, you're too PC.

Nothing is wrong with me, I don't buy into propaganda. If a simple gif of someone laughing bothers you so much, you're too PC.

Too PC to say that we should round up gays and deal with them WWII Nazi-style? Or even those who, however misguided anyone feels their viewpoint is, deserve one-way tickets to one of Hitler's simply faaaaabulous concentration camps? Yes, I am too PC for that.  

Adios you f*cking lunatic.

Oh. It read like you thought signing Pettigrew (on top of re-signing Cumberland) meant we would therefore necessarily stay away from the position in the draft or early in the draft.

I obviously have no idea what they'll actually do, but I meant to convey that I hope we don't stay away from the position early in the draft if they can get a good value.

I obviously have no idea what they'll actually do, but I meant to convey that I hope we don't stay away from the position early in the draft if they can get a good value.

I think you don't have to hope much. Definitely seems like idzik is doing exactly what he said--using FA to allow him tackle the draft purely on BAP

Yeah I hope they don't either.  I don't think they will.  Signing Brandon Pettigrew should not, and likely will not, cause anyone to consider the position locked up for another 5 years.  But with Cumberland, he's good enough to start for the season if need be.

Yo, Falcon...let's rap man.

You're a great poster a$$hole.  And we're all gonna be sad to see you go knowing that scum like you exist.  But just know, in your darkest hour...when it seems that things can't get any worse...that we'll be here for you always wish for you to GFY.

Sincerely GFY,

Jetnation Everyone ever.

P.S.  GFY

P.P.S GFY again

Sorry to ruin your Black Panther Party, but amidst all this fun, it's become apparent that Brandon Pettigrew has NOT, in actuality, signed a contract with the New York Jets, of yet.  Can we change the thread title to "Jets and other teams vying for Pettigrew, and Falcon may be a sociopath", or something of that nature?  Thanks.

Too PC to say that we should round up gays and deal with them WWII Nazi-style? Or even those who, however misguided anyone feels their viewpoint is, deserve one-way tickets to one of Hitler's simply faaaaabulous concentration camps? Yes, I am too PC for that.  

Adios you f*cking lunatic.

Thank you.

Why do you say that?

Pettigrew doesn't prevent drafting Ebron if he's there.  Further, it removes gambling the position on other teams NOT drafting him.  Then there's the other thing, which is that Ebron might not be all that once he's playing with the adults (or not for some time anyway).

I'm with Bitonti on this one, the Jets should not draft a TE in Rd 1.....ever.  

It's like playing blackjack or craps at a cold table.   You can tell yourself that it's math, or that the table is due, but cold is cold and you are ultimately going to lose if you don't walk away.     Same thing holds true with the Jets and picking 1st rd TE's.  

Is Idzik going to engage in staring contests with all of our FA's? Jw

Hope so, sets a nice precedent that he won't be bullied.  Rumors are that Pettigrew was one of the first free agents we contacted when we were allowed to, so I would have to imagine that he made his offer and is either letting Pettigrew's agents try to do better and are noticing a cold market, or they're just haggling some particulars in the contract.

I'm with Bitonti on this one, the Jets should not draft a TE in Rd 1.....ever.  

It's like playing blackjack or craps at a cold table.   You can tell yourself that it's math, or that the table is due, but cold is cold and you are ultimately going to lose if you don't walk away.     Same thing holds true with the Jets and picking 1st rd TE's.  

Except that it is math. You can wait until the shoe is over if the count is bad, but the next one has no more chance of being cold than one following a crazy hot streak.

If a TE is taken in round 1 by Idzik, it has nothing to do with previous ones taken by Tannenbaum, Parcells, Steinberg, or anyone else.

Archived