Shefter... of all the player's Rex wanted...

eboozer

Cool, it seemed like he was really open to playing anywhere but Denver. He chose where he wanted to play, this is the least interesting of the many reasons you've found to hate Idzik.

Tired of all the Vick, dog love, morality threads. This at least passes the time until comp picks announced. That should move us beyond the Vick drama.

Rex can shut the **** up. This organization has spent endless dollars and draft picks acquiescing to his bullsh*t demands. It's really no surprise that he still doesn't realize he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about when it comes to managing a roster.

you'd figure a defense genius could do more with less in terms of high draft picks and coveted free agents. if i was a defensive coach i'd probably skew my cap on offense slightly for that reason.

there is a reason guys get let go as they get older

they aren't worth what they demand

the trick in the NFL is getting over the hump with young guys, then you can recruit top end older players without having to pay a 15% "because jets" fee

Still stuck at six former first-round picks on defense. I honestly can't imagine how any coach could make that work.

Seriously. A good coach worth his salt spots the Sanchez thing a good season and a half earlier and starts planning accordingly. Not Rex though, he still gave us the best chance to win and MOAR DL/CB PLEASE.

Rex can shut the **** up. This organization has spent endless dollars and draft picks acquiescing to his bullsh*t demands. It's really no surprise that he still doesn't realize he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about when it comes to managing a roster.

You seem particularly angry recently, I think you should rethink all that ball-punching? 

I must have missed something. Is Rex openly complaining about this or is Shefter just staying this is the guy he wanted? If it's the latter big deal. A defensive minded coach wanting the best pass rusher available - how dare he! He's not the GM after all

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 4m

For all the talk about the CBs the Jets didn't land, the player Rex Ryan really wanted was DeMarcus Ware. And Jets didn't make a run at him.

Exactly the player we needed too. Look, weve HAD the best CB tandem in football but it don't win you games the way that a great pass rusher can. They can absolutely close a game out with a QB sack on a last drive. It's what I have been saying for weeks now, ever since free agency started, we need a pass rusher, of course the Jets NEVER seem to get what is needed. OK, once every 5 -10 years they do.

Archived