Several vets visited Jets today

Cmartin

Reports: Several FA Veterans Visit Jets

Posted 1 hour ago

By Jets Staff

The Jets had visits today from several free agent veterans, according to multiple reports.

CB Dimitri Patterson (5'11", 196) is a well-traveled eight-year veteran who was recently released by Miami. He played in six games with four starts and four interceptions for the Dolphins last season, including the first two-INT game of his career in the 'Fins' season-opening win at Cleveland, according to ESPN New York and Pro Football Talk.

The Daily News also reported that WR Jacoby Ford and OL Rich Ohrnberger also visited the team facility. Ford played his first four seasons with Oakland and had 57 catches for a 14.9-yard average and three touchdowns in his career plus four kickoff-return TDs, all in his first two seasons as a Raider.

Ohrnberger (6'2", 291) played right guard for the Chargers last season, had four starts for Arizona in '12, and spent his first three pro seasons as a Patriots fourth-round draft choice (five games, no starts).

I like Ford for some WR and probably ST depth.

Free agent Jacoby Ford visited the Jets on Monday.

Ford was linked to the Jets two weeks ago, but it's his first-known visit. Ford has play-making ability on offense and special teams, but is among the league's most-brittle players. Any deal will include little guaranteed money.

Free agent Jacoby Ford visited the Jets on Monday.

Ford was linked to the Jets two weeks ago, but it's his first-known visit. Ford has play-making ability on offense and special teams, but is among the league's most-brittle players. Any deal will include little guaranteed money.

Most Brittle? I thought that went to Glass Schillens?

Reports: Several FA Veterans Visit Jets

Posted 1 hour ago

By Jets Staff

The Jets had visits today from several free agent veterans, according to multiple reports.

CB Dimitri Patterson (5'11", 196) is a well-traveled eight-year veteran who was recently released by Miami. He played in six games with four starts and four interceptions for the Dolphins last season, including the first two-INT game of his career in the 'Fins' season-opening win at Cleveland, according to ESPN New York and Pro Football Talk.

The Daily News also reported that WR Jacoby Ford and OL Rich Ohrnberger also visited the team facility. Ford played his first four seasons with Oakland and had 57 catches for a 14.9-yard average and three touchdowns in his career plus four kickoff-return TDs, all in his first two seasons as a Raider.

Ohrnberger (6'2", 291) played right guard for the Chargers last season, had four starts for Arizona in '12, and spent his first three pro seasons as a Patriots fourth-round draft choice (five games, no starts).

Good to see you up and about, Cmartin.

we're getting Ford instead of DeSean, at least they both have 4.3 speed.

We better take a wr in the first round if we want to be anything next year,

lets put together a great wr core, not the standard garbage of the past few

years. I know the meadowlands has garbage dumps,but we shouldn't be getting

our receivers from them.

Rex and IDie better get a clue.

I love how oblivious you are to the irony of this post.

Well, they all can't be of Kenny Britt's caliber.

Dude.  11 receptions at 8.7 yards per catch and all of that in just 12 games.  How could you expect that kind of elite production from any other FA at this point?  I mean, that's just short of the numbers of the immortal Clyde Gates, and it only took Britt twice as many games.

we're getting Ford instead of DeSean, at least they both have 4.3 speed.

We better take a wr in the first round if we want to be anything next year,

lets put together a great wr core, not the standard garbage of the past few

years. I know the meadowlands has garbage dumps,but we shouldn't be getting

our receivers from them.

Rex and IDie better get a clue.

Memories of the good days.

flyboys.jpg

Because who needs one of the best WR's in the NFL when you can have a fast bust with 15 catches last season! Right up idzik's alley.

Exactly. The Jets shouldn't bring in a single wide receiver until they find one who's better than Jackson. That's just how good football teams operate. 

Archived