Eric Ebron NFL Draft 2014

csweenz415

I'm 50/50 on this guy

super athletic, but has drops/catching issues ?

what can you tell us about him as a pro prospect ?

He's reportedly not such a great teammate, nor is he a willing blocker. Several sources say Eifert was better last year.

I don't see what he offers that's such an upgrade over Cumby, they are both basically rocked up WR.  The Jets need a CJ Fiodorowicz type more than a Eric Ebron type. 

he didn't workout like Vernon Davis, so it be mild suprise to see him go to the Giants or other team early in the rd. 

With the Jets historical TE first round picks (Mitchell, Brady, Becht, Keller) I'd personally be shocked to see the Jets pick him. 

Picking another TE in rd 1 is inviting a karmic sh*t storm. 

It shouldn't really matter as the GMs who made those picks are long gone but legacy matters at the draft. It's not surprising to Jets fans when another Temple DLineman is picked cause we know about Joe Klecko.  

If he is there at 18 is will 100% be picked by Jets UNLESS one of the top2-3 WRs are shockingly still on the board, ,The Jets scouts have been and are still all over Eric.

His team-mates loved him, not sure where that came from, unless the backup TEs or WRs (cause he was used as a WR much more than as a  TE, LOL

He's like Finley as he's super athletic but has a 10% drop rate which is really high. Most have to pay the price to have a physical specimen like Ebron as they tend to project higher similar to Vernon Davis and Landry (LSU). But when it comes down to it I would rather the value of Amaro who's a better receiver than Ebron but it not quite the athlete.

Ebron will be long gone by 18, and TE is not Jets biggest need anyway, Jets should take Odell Beckham with 18, and CB Marcus Roberson in the 2nd, if he's still available. To be honest, I think the Jets shoudl take CB Kyle Fuller if he's still available at 18 given that cheapzik totally fumbled the ball on the CB position

I'm 50/50 on this guy

super athletic, but has drops/catching issues ?

what can you tell us about him as a pro prospect ?

He looks like a gronk mixed with a julius thomas he has the speed of a WR I like him more then Beckham

If the Giants don't select Ebron and if he makes it so we can grab him will we your thoughts ask any questions I will answer.

Question: What was your question?

If Ebron falls and will we thought future questions not for stadium, Dolphins crazy Pats. Ask any questions answer I will.

He's reportedly not such a great teammate, nor is he a willing blocker. Several sources say Eifert was better last year.

I don't see what he offers that's such an upgrade over Cumby, they are both basically rocked up WR.  The Jets need a CJ Fiodorowicz type more than a Eric Ebron type. 

he didn't workout like Vernon Davis, so it be mild suprise to see him go to the Giants or other team early in the rd. 

With the Jets historical TE first round picks (Mitchell, Brady, Becht, Keller) I'd personally be shocked to see the Jets pick him. 

Picking another TE in rd 1 is inviting a karmic shit storm. 

It shouldn't really matter as the GMs who made those picks are long gone but legacy matters at the draft. It's not surprising to Jets fans when another Temple DLineman is picked cause we know about Joe Klecko.  

The teammate stuff is going to weigh heavily under John Idzik.

Really haven't liked many of the TEs outside of ASJ, but I wouldn't want the Jets to draft any of them in the first. I've seen us mocked Amaro in the second, that's not terrible. He doesn't have impressive measurables by any standards, but he'll be a mismatch every time he's in the slot, seems to have solid hands. 

I think Niklas in the 2nd is better value than any TE in the first.

The order I am hoping for (and I know they will go best available) is:

Round 1:  WR

Round 2:  TE

Round 3:  CB

Then you take the 14 6th rounders and parlay them into a 2015 4th rounder, lol.

colt L. with the 6th if he does not work out with the team no big loss but i love to see him here, and his picture was on the jets site for minute

In your dreams.  No way he makes it to the 6th.  With his talent and balls out approach, someone will take a chance on him well before then.

In your dreams.  No way he makes it to the 6th.  With his talent and balls out approach, someone will take a chance on him well before then.

I would like that to be us, with our late 4th compensatory pick or one of our 5th round picks. 

Is it just me or do you guys  also feel more comfortable taking gambles with the compensatory picks, since its really like playing with "house-money"

I don't think Colt Lyerla's talent is at all in the question, it's pretty much just a matter of time before he goes on another coke binge. With that said, and Idzik being the steady approach guy he is, I don't think he'll be a Jet. 

I think if he didn't have any off-field problems he'd may land above Amaro

If he is there at 18 is will 100% be picked by Jets UNLESS one of the top2-3 WRs are shockingly still on the board, ,The Jets scouts have been and are still all over Eric.

His team-mates loved him, not sure where that came from, unless the backup TEs or WRs (cause he was used as a WR much more than as a  TE, LOL

Who are the top 3 WRs?  Watkins and Evans.  Who is the 3rd? Lee or Cooks?  I'm not in love with Ebron or the idea of picking a TE that high.  If all those WRs are gone there will be other guys around - like Barr, a top CB, or even one of the QBs.  There is way more to the way the board falls then  just a couple of WRs being gone.

Okay, quick test to tell if you're an a$$hole:

You didn't want Desean Jackson because he was a bad dude.

You want the Jets to draft Colt Lyerla.

If you fit these two criteria, I'm sorry to break it to you, but you're an absolute a$$hole. And possibly racist.

On rascist and a$$hole grounds there is a pretty big difference in investment between a compensatory 4th and $8Mper $16M guaranteed.

Okay, quick test to tell if you're an a$$hole:

You didn't want Desean Jackson because he was a bad dude.

You want the Jets to draft Colt Lyerla.

If you fit these two criteria, I'm sorry to break it to you, but you're an absolute a$$hole. And possibly racist.

Crip sympathizer>>>Sandy Hook conspiracy theorizing cokehead

Who are the top 3 WRs?  Watkins and Evans.  Who is the 3rd? Lee or Cooks?  I'm not in love with Ebron or the idea of picking a TE that high.  If all those WRs are gone there will be other guys around - like Barr, a top CB, or even one of the QBs.  There is way more to the way the board falls then  just a couple of WRs being gone.

IF idzik goes BPA and IF Ebron is there at 18 I'm fairly confident he's a Jet

Someone posted on here Idzik's FA and draft notes/thoughts a few weeks back. I'm pretty sure that said Idzik wasn't thinking too high of Ebron, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what it said. 

LOL, I doubt it, not his style. IF Idzik truly let data out I'd be wondering if its red herring data,,come on, you ought to know Idzik style by now

LOL, I doubt it, not his style. IF Idzik truly let data out I'd be wondering if its red herring data,,come on, you ought to know Idzik style by now

Plus they keep sending scouts down here to look at him etc.. I know they are looking at James Hurst in3/4th round as OL and Bryn Renner as QB in 6/7/UDFA, but I dont think scouts are flying down here for them ;)

Archived