Thanks Goodell.

Integrity28

A couple weeks ago I was filled with eternal optimism by the idea of the Jets replenishing more of their roster in the draft, taking a super-young group and giving it a good injection of talent. That, coupled with the want to see what Idzik does in his 2nd draft, but technically his first with his scouting department in place, gives any Jets fan plenty to be psyched about. 

Last week, the anticipation was bubbling over. I couldn't wait. I even watched a bunch, and I mean a bunch because you can't find any alternative, of mock drafts.

This week, I'm kind of over it.

Goodell, the whore that wants to ruin the game, has strung me along too long... and the whole "build up to the draft" content beast of mocks and evals and rumors and sh*t... has jumped the shark.

I'm hoping I can get back into it Thursday, but frankly I'm sorta feeling like... meh, at this point, I don't care.

Thanks Goodell, thanks for ruining HOPE. 

Roger-Goodell.jpg

He's an obvious fall guy, but I too could never find it in my heart to attack the owners. 

lol, i knew you'd be the first responder... something, something why do you ruin errrrthang... ?

:P

I can agree with that..the build up to this draft hit its peak 1.5 weeks ago..... .at this point I would just like to wake up to an email telling me who the Jets drafted.

There's lots of things I like waking up to... the smell of bacon, a blowie, the smell of bacon... but emails from the Jets are not one of them.

I'm just ready to play outrage ping-pong with the people who will inevitably get way too worked up over the horrible Izdick horribleness.

There's lots of things I like waking up to... the smell of bacon, a blowie, the smell of bacon... but emails from the Jets are not one of them.

I'm just ready to play outrage ping-pong with the people who will inevitably get way too worked up over the horrible Izdick horribleness.

Would love to wake up to a blowie then reach over to my phone and read an email of who the Jets drafted....hows that?

And speaking of swine, I heard The Crusher actually sleeps with bacon.

Would love to wake up to a blowie then reach over to my phone and read an email of who the Jets drafted....hows that?

And speaking of swine, I heard The Crusher actually sleeps with bacon.

lol

fair enough, i'm a morning pooper / email checker... now THAT is a function I'm more willing to have associated with the Jets

Sources tell the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that the NFL is giving "serious consideration" to pushing the draft back even further toward mid-May in 2015.

Commissioner Roger Goodell has heard the loud complaints about this year's lull between free agency and the draft, but he's undeterred. The extra time has led to extra coverage, which could very well lead to higher ratings Thursday night. "There have been some real pluses, and we'll have to evaluate that," Goodell said. "A number of our coaches have praised it, too, because it gave them a chance to spend time with their current players and make some determinations about what's the right place to go in the draft. So there's some real value to it."

Can somebody tell this guy to **** off?

Two days and counting and the agony will be over. Then who is going to complain about the players the Jets pick.

when it comes to Jets picks in the draft I usually either get annoyed at the position vs the need but then I always find myself rooting for whoever the jets picked as we all should.

The only one time I felt bad about a pick from start to finish including the first time I saw him play in a Jets uniform was Vernon Gholston.

To me the draft is always exciting when it starts and only stays exciting if the Jets pick who I actually wanted them to pick and that's only happened a few times

when it comes to Jets picks in the draft I usually either get annoyed at the position vs the need but then I always find myself rooting for whoever the jets picked as we all should.

The only one time I felt bad about a pick from start to finish including the first time I saw him play in a Jets uniform was Vernon Gholston.

To me the draft is always exciting when it starts and only stays exciting if the Jets pick who I actually wanted them to pick and that's only happened a few times

when it comes to Jets picks in the draft I usually either get annoyed at the position vs the need but then I always find myself rooting for whoever the jets picked as we all should.-- Yes that is right.

Think this is bad? Imagine if the NFL strung the draft along a couple of weeks? 1st round on a Thursday night, 2nd and 3rd the next thursday, and 4-7 the thursday after that, I wouldn't put it past them.

I'm considering deleting this post just so you don't give them any bright ideas.

Think this is bad? Imagine if the NFL strung the draft along a couple of weeks? 1st round on a Thursday night, 2nd and 3rd the next thursday, and 4-7 the thursday after that, I wouldn't put it past them.

No, neither would I.

I think the people most pissed off with Goodell should be running backs.

They arguably take the most punishment and have one of the shortest career spans in the game, and they have been devalued as a result of the "you can't touch the QB or WR" rule adjustments. League adjusts to the easiest rules to exploit. Now, WR and CB get MONSTROUS contracts, while RBs work for pennies on the dollar comparatively.

RBs touch the ball more per game than anyone but the QB.

RBs don't even get thought of in the first round of the draft. Most of them never see a 2nd contract.

I did a little research on this as to why. the NFL said it was a scheduling conflict with radio city music hall and that somebody already had the dates in april booked, but have since cancelled the event. (I find that hard to believe though)

I did a little research on this as to why. the NFL said it was a scheduling conflict with radio city music hall and that somebody already had the dates in april booked, but have since cancelled the event. (I find that hard to believe though)

It was moved back specifically for generating more ad revenue. They've been doing draft preview shows since the day after the Super Bowl. You'll continue to see the league calendar moved back to basically avoid any summer time happenings.

They want the SB on Presidents Day, the combine for March and then FA in April. You could potentially see a draft the week before Memorial Day in he near future with camps not opening till late August.

A couple weeks ago I was filled with eternal optimism by the idea of the Jets replenishing more of their roster in the draft, taking a super-young group and giving it a good injection of talent. That, coupled with the want to see what Idzik does in his 2nd draft, but technically his first with his scouting department in place, gives any Jets fan plenty to be psyched about. 

Last week, the anticipation was bubbling over. I couldn't wait. I even watched a bunch, and I mean a bunch because you can't find any alternative, of mock drafts.

This week, I'm kind of over it.

Goodell, the whore that wants to ruin the game, has strung me along too long... and the whole "build up to the draft" content beast of mocks and evals and rumors and sh*t... has jumped the shark.

I'm hoping I can get back into it Thursday, but frankly I'm sorta feeling like... meh, at this point, I don't care.

Thanks Goodell, thanks for ruining HOPE. 

Roger-Goodell.jpg

I have to agree...draft day is usually one of my favorite events of the year.  This year?  Gonna' head out to play some softball (first time in about six years) and keep up with the draft on my phone.

Archived