Jermichael Finley visited Pats on Friday

Lizard King

I'd like to see the Pats cap numbers right now. They began the off-season with less to spend than us, and I believe they have spent way more than we did. They must be up against it by now.

$7.7 mil in cap space, but their 2015 numbers are atrocious. Without Revis, they are at $125mil. and thats assuming they don't resign any of their own FA, or even the draft class. As a comparison, they are at $120mil this year right now. With the $7.7 mil carry forward, they 'might' have about $10 mil to spend and look for a kicker, punter, CB and possibly a few other starters as well. Sure not enough to sign superstars. They need every penny of that $7.7mil to be carried forward to 2015, but its still at their discretion to be used this yr.

As a team comparison, Jets are at $96mil for this year with $22mil in cap space that can be pushed towards 2015 resulting in a team cap of over $140 mil. They currently stand at $94mil for 2015. Assuming they don't sign another player this yr, they are looking at $40+ mil in cap space for 2015, far far different than the Pats and much more flexibility.

I wonder how far along is he in his recovery. Seattle supposedly not interested anymore.

As per NFLN this morning he is not medically cleared to play. Not sure he should be playing and at a loss why any team is taking a chance on a guy who is one hit away from being done, if he is ever cleared at all. 

As per NFLN this morning he is not medically cleared to play. Not sure he should be playing and at a loss why any team is taking a chance on a guy who is one hit away from being done, if he is ever cleared at all. 

My understanding is that Finley's doctor cleared him, but that doesn't mean other doctors will or that he would pass a physical.  The Pats had him in solely for a medical evaluation.  

I think I saw somewhere that he receives an insurance settlement of $10 million net if his latest injury is deemed career threatening. He would need something in the range of $20 million to offset that and play. That is the rub with him. My guess is that the Seahawks backed out because of that and he ends up retiring.

I think I saw somewhere that he receives an insurance settlement of $10 million net if his latest injury is deemed career threatening. He would need something in the range of $20 million to offset that and play. That is the rub with him. My guess is that the Seahawks backed out because of that and he ends up retiring.

That seems strange.  Maybe the insurance company doctor is the one that is saying he can play and he has to go on these visits to show that he won't be medically cleared/pass a physical.

That seems strange.  Maybe the insurance company doctor is the one that is saying he can play and he has to go on these visits to show that he won't be medically cleared/pass a physical.

that's sick enough to be true

That makes sense....

2 Td's and 120 yards is a pretty good stretch... especially when Gronk couldn't even do sh*t against Antonio Allen.

Ya well I feel good about my prediction if I thought 45 yards and a cheap Td that wouldn't be worth a post. Pryor gonna be toasted repeatedly.

Ya well I feel good about my prediction if I thought 45 yards and a cheap Td that wouldn't be worth a post. Pryor gonna be toasted repeatedly.

To be honest... nothing you post Is worth the time it's takes for you to post it... and this is the first time I have seen you on this forum.

To be honest... nothing you post Is worth the time it's takes for you to post it... and this is the first time I have seen you on this forum.

But apparently worth a response by you. It is a start.

Wait! 'Belly's' mad at Pryor. Ohhh Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quite the opposite... Delusional Patriot fans entertain me. You guys are clinging to the last little bit of elite status your franchise name holds.

Yeah you busted me it can finally be reveled that I have been under deep cover on this site for 7 years just waiting to announce I am a pats fan. And my dad is waiting to announce that he is a deep cover Miami fan.

This doesn't even make sense....

Actually it does. Southern jet is a double agent. We been kicked out of every jets message board and participated in the ji boat lift just to lull you jets fans into our web of deceit.

It is exciting sitting on the lap of my lifesize tom brady mannequin in my patriots mancave watching each of our superbowl victories simultaneously

The pats won the superbowl? When was this? I can't rightly remember. That was about the same time Jordan was winning with the Bulls. Right?

The pats won the superbowl? When was this? I can't rightly remember. That was about the same time Jordan was winning with the Bulls. Right?

That 8 year drought is a bitch.  Nothing like a 46 year drought.  Just stayin'.  Did you catch the Superbowl IIII broadcast on NFL Network today?

That 8 year drought is a bitch.  Nothing like a 46 year drought.  Just stayin'.  Did you catch the Superbowl IIII broadcast on NFL Network today?

he meant without cheating.  you get that nobody counts the cheating ones, right ?

he meant without cheating.  you get that nobody counts the cheating ones, right

:rl:  You guys give me the gigs like anyone cares about that.  And of course, you can not provide any evidence they were aided by the 9 tapes.  Beli is good, but not that good.

Archived