What about Gruden to replace Rex?

pointman

There were ramblings that Gruden gets approached all the time still to fill vacant head coaching spots, most recently Oakland. According to ESPN radio, sources close to Gruden were saying he is itching to get back into the game. I remember at times him talking up the Jets. So, thoughts on if you'd be interested in him as our next HC and if its even possible. 

Bring in Bill Cowher or John Gruden. Maybe Greg Schiano should be the Jets coach he's won in this area with Rutgers Football.

Or if the Jets really want to make a splash and make front pages of news papers then they should go sign Jim Harbaugh after the 49ers let him go for no reason.

Jets won't go for another defensive minded coach, I imagine. Cowher and Schiano (who I don't think could coach his way out of a paper bag, anyways.. he's a DC at best) are out. Harbaugh is not going to leave SF to come to the Jets. He's going back to college.

You need an offensive coach  who has a strong defensive coordinator. If sheet blows up in San Fran Fangio might be available to be a defensive co-ordinator.

Rex needs to turn this around. And it would be interesting to see how he does that. The way this team has been sheel shacked all season really pretty much the last 4 games is unacceptable performance. Period.

And exactly why would anyone who has ever done something want in the NFL want to coach the Jets ?

Rex is gonna get fired. Izadick will get to stay and bring in his boy Bevell, there will be a new QB here and the cycle will repeat

New coach

New QB 

Suck

Repeat

Bring in Bill Cowher or John Gruden. Maybe Greg Schiano should be the Jets coach he's won in this area with Rutgers Football.

Or if the Jets really want to make a splash and make front pages of news papers then they should go sign Jim Harbaugh after the 49ers let him go for no reason.

how long did it take Cowher to win a SB in Pitt-23 years?

Archived