Rex Ryan fires back at Herman Edwards.

JetsFanInDenver

Rex's 5 years (not counting this year -Jets-44 in turnover edge

Herm's 5 years-Jets +30 in turnovers.

I hate giving credit to Herm like this, but he did preach discipline.

MINUS 44. Holy sh*t. Even Parcells with freaking Ray Lucas was able to control the idiocy.

Not Rex.

Meh. 

Herm had Vinny and Chad at QB, Rex has had Sanchez and Geno. Rex's record would be a lot different with Vinny and Chad. When Herm had to deal with Books Bollinger at QB (statistically better than Sanchez & Geno), his record dropped to 4-12. Herm wasn't even qualified at the coordinator level. He just had a lot more talent to work with than Rex has had. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1). Rex's defenses have gone totally downhill since the day he got to the Jets. Keep thinking a good defense gives y

They lead the league in sacks and led the league defending the run (not sure if they still do after Sunday).  Unfortunately, he's literally rolling out the worst secondary in the entire NFL.  He's not a miracle worker.  Coaches need talent.  Allen, Walls, Adams, Allen, Wilson, McFadden and every other #5 CB on any other team in the NFL are what Rex is trusting vs. Rodgers, Cutler, Stafford, Rivers, Manning and Brady.  The decline this season isnt because Rex all of a sudden forgot how to coach defense.

Meh. 

Herm had Vinny and Chad at QB, Rex has had Sanchez and Geno. Rex's record would be a lot different with Vinny and Chad. When Herm had to deal with Books Bollinger at QB (statistically better than Sanchez & Geno), his record dropped to 4-12. Herm wasn't even qualified at the coordinator level. He just had a lot more talent to work with than Rex has had. 

Results are results. And that is what one is judged by.

They are fairly comparable in those results. And that is how the final totals will be recorded.

They both have MAJOR FLAWS

Results are results. And that is what one is judged by.

They are fairly comparable in those results. And that is how the final totals will be recorded.

They both have MAJOR FLAWS

I get that some people like breaking things down into easy, bite-size nuggets for consumption. 

Rex has flaws, Herm was incompetent. 

Its like the lotto, you got to be in it, to win it.

Buzzards are flying, this is professional sports. 6 years ago, Rex was everyone's favorite Head Coach. Now, he's the worst Head Coach to ever live. It's a tough business and Rex didnt do himself any favors with his mouth and guarantees.

The media is taking him down, bit by bit and will regret every moment of it when Idzik hires a boring clone and there's nothing to report, unless of course, he finds a winner...then Jets land wont know what to do with themselves.

I, myself, am prepped to win

YTour blind faith knows no bounds. Good for you. You will be a good marriage for someone some day. Look past all foibles

No.  I'm just reasonable and can easily look and see that 1 coach had a serve advantage over the other.  

And FTR, Rex should 100% be fired after this season. 100%.  His time has come.  But its not because he cant coach defense or because you believe Herman Edwards was a better coach.  That's just silly talk. 

No.  I'm just reasonable and can easily look and see that 1 coach had a serve advantage over the other.  

And FTR, Rex should 100% be fired after this season. 100%.  His time has come.  But its not because he cant coach defense or because you believe Herman Edwards was a better coach.  That's just silly talk. 

No, Rex Ryan will get fired because I believe Herm was a comparable coach, That IS really why he will get fired.

Spin the wheel management

Seriously, LOSING back-to-back AFCCG's is some sort of big deal?

At least Hermy won a division title and got Jets fans a home playoff game.

Herm was awful. The man loves to hear himself talk, and everyone at ESPN seems to like him, but he was a crap coach, who never should have been a HC, he was never even a DC before Woody took him for some reason.  If I was Rex I would come back with, "If I was in the playoffs again, I wouldn't settle for a long field goal with a crappy kicker, I'd run another play and pick up 4 more yards"

Praising Herm doesn't make Rex suck any worse than he already does.  I can't honestly believe any rational Jets fan seriously thinks Herm has a single redeeming quality, but I guess there's a need to be the one to fling the most crap.

This is the one thing I have never understood about these boards when Jets' seasons bottom out.  We finally get to a point where all of us agree that the team is awful and are all more than happy to sh*t all over this team, yet that's apparently not enough.  Although in fairness, agreeing isn't nearly as fun as arguing over random stupid crap, right?

Praising Herm doesn't make Rex suck any worse than he already does.  I can't honestly believe any rational Jets fan seriously thinks Herm has a single redeeming quality, but I guess there's a need to be the one to fling the most crap.

This is the one thing I have never understood about these boards when Jets' seasons bottom out.  We finally get to a point where all of us agree that the team is awful and are all more than happy to sh*t all over this team, yet that's apparently not enough.  Although in fairness, agreeing isn't nearly as fun as arguing over random stupid crap, right?

It's me.

If I wasnt around, everyone would just circle jerk each other dry.

1). Rex's defenses have gone totally downhill since the day he got to the Jets. Keep thinking a good defense gives up the fewest yards. How many turnovers has that vaunted, elite defense created in the last 2 years?

2). Won the last division title that the Jets have ever won and embarrassed the Pats on National TV to do so. How has Rex performed on National TV?

3). Rex's success was Mangini's team, and also the Colts and Bengals sitting all their starters. Biggest back-in-to -the -playoffs in NFL history.

4). He developed Pennington into a very good NFL QB. What has Rex done with Sanchez and Geno?

5). Why do you think the Ravens and Ozzie passed on him? He does not have the skills to be a NFL HC.

Clearly JiF isn't the only one who has gotten worse since you were banned.  You know as well as I do that half of these arguments contradict 90% of your posts from those days.  I mean you seriously just referred to Pennington as a "very good NFL QB"?  Maybe you think this is clever trolling, but it's worse than shasta-level bad.  Come on man, you're better than this.

1). Rex's defenses have gone totally downhill since the day he got to the Jets. Keep thinking a good defense gives up the fewest yards. How many turnovers has that vaunted, elite defense created in the last 2 years?

2). Won the last division title that the Jets have ever won and embarrassed the Pats on National TV to do so. How has Rex performed on National TV?

3). Rex's success was Mangini's team, and also the Colts and Bengals sitting all their starters. Biggest back-in-to -the -playoffs in NFL history.

4). He developed Pennington into a very good NFL QB. What has Rex done with Sanchez and Geno?

5). Why do you think the Ravens and Ozzie passed on him? He does not have the skills to be a NFL HC.

Hahaha........this is funny.

Like the last time the JETS were in the playoffs they beat the Pats in their own crib on National TV.

If you still cannot remember let me refresh your memory. The famous Bart Scott rant "Can't Wait" happened on the turf of Gillette Stadium right after that game and that too in front of thousands of beaten down Pats fans and elated JETS fans.

Clearly JiF isn't the only one who has gotten worse since you were banned. You know as well as I do that half of these arguments contradict 90% of your posts from those days. I mean you seriously just referred to Pennington as a "very good NFL QB"? Maybe you think this is clever trolling, but it's worse than shasta-level bad. Come on man, you're better than this.

Come on Bleeding, name the best QB the Jets have had since Vinny in'98.

Has it been Taco or Movie goer?

And Rex has done exactly what from a coaching perspective?

Serious question, love to hear your response.

Rex should have never left the defensive side of the ball.  He will stay in the league as a DC as longas he likes.  As a Head Coach?  I say no at this point.  Herm will never be back in the NFL at any capacity.  He got a shot at the Chiefs after the Jets and that was enough.  Both sucked at being a head coach. Rex is a very good DC.  Herm was a good player and a good personality. Herm is terrible at every aspect of coaching. 

Yet, here they sit, with virtually identical records.

Interesting.

Rex Mediocrity Denier Syndrome is a serious disease.

If you see your fellow fans suffering from this malday, I highly suggest you have them see their Mental Health professional right away.

before they do themselves (or others) harm.

If you see your fellow fans suffering from this malday, I highly suggest you have them see their Mental Health professional right away.

before they do themselves (or others) harm.

Exactly. Those of us who think Rex is better than Herm are mentally challenged.

Doesn't matter if we want him fired or not.

In a couple weeks he'll have the same record as Herm with less playoff appearances. Hate to break it to you Rex, but you are most certainly comparable. At least Herm realized he was too dumb to manage a clock.

How many times did Herm made it to the title games? matter of fact how many Jets coaches had taken the Jets to the AFCC more than one over the last 40 years? 

I don't deny Rex's mediocrity. I deny that mediocrity is worse than being this bad.  right now 1 win and none on the horizon. There's no way this is more entertaining than all those other seasons when they were mediocre. 

There's this perversely hopeful idea that if you burn down the franchise, what will be built in it's place will be so much better.

The Jets are in the scorched Earth part of that plan and the load of lumber Idzik ordered showed up rotten. The bricks are misshapen. The bags of concrete got wet before they arrived. 

I wish Rex good luck and in a way, envy him. He doesn't have to watch these games after he gets fired. 

Keeping him here with this roster, that's true punishment. 

I'm starting to wonder if Woody hates the fans. That might be the only explanation for the product on the field currently. 

and BTW Herm wasn't exactly a genius but he was playing during peak spygate era Pats. 

The Patriots from the seasons 2001 to 2007 covered at home more than 3 standard deviations outside of the league average. 

I was an English major so I don't really know what that statement means, but it's basically so far outside of the norm, like 99.95% of the bell curve is on the other side of that data point. It's basically off the charts.

Yes they were a very good team. Sure they had awesome talent.

But even very good teams don't win at home every week. And none of them cover every week. 

None of this takes away from the fact that Herm didn't have basic clock management skills but im just sayin. No one was winning during Spygate era.

They burned all the evidence but they can't get rid of the memories. I went to alot of those games, with some of you guys, probably. The Pats were guilty of everything. Not just the basic "camera" stuff picking up the other team's hand signals.  Mics strapped to DTs to pick up the line calls, 2nd frequency for Brady after the 15 second cut off,  Jamming the other teams headsets etc. Everyone knows what they did. No one talks about it cause it damages the product. 

Years from now we will look back at peak era Brady how Knicks fans remember peak era Jordan and the Bulls. It was an era of historic domination. Herm or anyone wasn't changing that. 

How many times did Herm made it to the title games? matter of fact how many Jets coaches had taken the Jets to the AFCC more than one over the last 40 years?

4 different Jets HC's took the Jets to the AFCCG.

They are 0-4

Delusional Jets fans will quote those 2 fluke games in the year 2525.

4 different Jets HC's took the Jets to the AFCCG.

They are 0-4

Delusional Jets fans will quote those 2 fluke games in the year 2525.

Actually it was 3 different coaches, and none of them were Herm. troll elsewhere.

Archived