Stephen Hill?

nj meadowlands

Brought this up last week.  As much as a bust as Hill was, he is still better then half the WR's on the roster.

As a lot of posters pointed out, that ship has sailed.  He, and his agent,  said some very stupid things on his way out of town.

I'd sign him.  The Jets won't

Don't you dare even mention re-signing Hill.  My daily UPS pick-up and delivery has never been smoother.  Steverino -- that's what we call him around here -- is happy and productive.  He has settled into his niche and is doing a great job.  So just ****-off with your stupid ideas.

So... with Nelson hurt and ineffective, and Decker seemingly incapable of staying on the field..........

do we dare... like... sign Hill off the Panthers' PS?

Ok. Berate me now.

Not a bad idea but 1) it won't make a bit of difference and 2) Idzik won't do it. Remember last year, when the Jets might as well have signed Braylon Edwards to a one year deal (what did they have to lose by doing so?) but didn't?

So... with Nelson hurt and ineffective, and Decker seemingly incapable of staying on the field..........

do we dare... like... sign Hill off the Panthers' PS?

Ok.  Berate me now.

why not, at least he knows the playbook and at this point he looks like a pretty good option. BTW, Jet Fan In Denver, I'm one of the loudest Stephen Hill haters on the board and I say bring him back

Beyond the fact that Hill is utter garbage, his agent burned that bridge with his comments after Hill was cut.

…and to think that we could've had Alshon Jeffrey with that pick  :dohslap:

Yes, we were happy to see Hill go. another bad 2nd round pick by Jets scouts.  The irony is that the average Jets fan, ( with a little help from Mel Kiper )   could pick draft players better than the Jets FO does.    In an outstanding 2014 WR Draft--- we essentially wound up with zilch.!  Zero- Nada.     Hope we get a better coach next year.  

Yes, we were happy to see Hill go. another bad 2nd round pick by Jets scouts.  The irony is that the average Jets fan, ( with a little help from Mel Kiper )   could pick draft players better than the Jets FO does.    In an outstanding 2014 WR Draft--- we essentially wound up with zilch.!  Zero- Nada.     Hope we get a better coach next year.

Jets should be banned from drafting developmental prospects ever again. WAKE UP, YOU SUCK AT DEVELOPING PEOPLE.

FWIW, I think that T.J. Graham is going to start getting heavily into the rotation.  He got some run on Sunday and should be considerably faster than most of these guys.  The only burner they have is Hakim and he is not a viable WR. 

Can someone explain to me how Haakim is still on this team and Hill isn't. What has Haakim done. Please let me know.

Can someone explain to me how Haakim is still on this team and Hill isn't. What has Haakim done. Please let me know.

There is one simple reason.  Play special teams.  Hakim is a sh*tty kick returner, but he seems to be a pretty good punt gunner and gets down there on kick returns.  He also will do whatever is asked of him - he was used on several blitz packages.  HIll and his agent gave a glimpse of their attitude blaming the press and a lack of opportunities.  Meanwhile Hakim is playing on every unit he can get on.  As a WR Hill > Hakim.  As a football player Hakim seems much more useful. 

There is one simple reason.  Play special teams.  Hakim is a sh*tty kick returner, but he seems to be a pretty good punt gunner and gets down there on kick returns.  He also will do whatever is asked of him - he was used on several blitz packages.  HIll and his agent gave a glimpse of their attitude blaming the press and a lack of opportunities.  Meanwhile Hakim is playing on every unit he can get on.  As a WR Hill > Hakim.  As a football player Hakim seems much more useful. 

But we don't have any impact WR's. And maybe if we a have a decent WR it might greatly reduce the necessity for punts.

But we don't have any impact WR's. And maybe if we a have a decent WR it might greatly reduce the necessity for punts.

I defended HIll and his potential as much as anybody, but calling him a decent WR is a big stretch.  Graham has just as much right to be called an NFL WR.  They both came out in 2012.  Graham:54 catches on 59 targets for 684 yards 3 TDs.  Hill: 45/59 594/4. Sure Hill was stuck with Sanchez and Geno, but Graham was catching balls from Fitzpatrick and Manuel. 

I defended HIll and his potential as much as anybody, but calling him a decent WR is a big stretch.  Graham has just as much right to be called an NFL WR.  They both came out in 2012.  Graham:54 catches on 59 targets for 684 yards 3 TDs.  Hill: 45/59 594/4. Sure Hill was stuck with Sanchez and Geno, but Graham was catching balls from Fitzpatrick and Manuel. 

No one is Graham calling shabby. He was just signed last week.

Graham does not even come into the argument or comparison picture with Hill.  He might turn out to be better that the bunch of return men we have or had on our roster.

No one is Graham calling shabby. He was just signed last week.

Graham does not even come into the argument or comparison picture with Hill.  He might turn out to be better that the bunch of return men we have or had on our roster.

Why?  I posted their stats.  Graham has been better,albeit slightly. They were chosen a round apart in the same draft.  It's not like Hill is this uber-talent and Graham is an UDFA.

Why?  I posted their stats.  Graham has been better,albeit slightly. They were chosen a round apart in the same draft.  It's not like Hill is this uber-talent and Graham is an UDFA.

Because Graham is not the point of contention. I told ya he might not be too shabby. I hope he is lights out in Green and White.

Because Graham is not the point of contention. I told ya he might not be too shabby. I hope he is lights out in Green and White.

Then I am lost on the point of contention.  I don't even know that there is one.  They have sh*tty receivers.  They drafted a bunch and they all suck.  They have signed a bunch of guys and made waiver pickups in the hopes of finding someone, so they obviously realize this is an issue.  I don't know how Stephen Hill helps.  

Then I am lost on the point of contention.  I don't even know that there is one.  They have sh*tty receivers.  They drafted a bunch and they all suck.  They have signed a bunch of guys and made waiver pickups in the hopes of finding someone, so they obviously realize this is an issue.  I don't know how Stephen Hill helps.

Those other guys don't see a lot of the field as WR's. Haakim or Powell or Sanuders when he was here were not helping at WR position. Hill could have helped. Because he is a WR. A WR opposition has to prep and plan for. We were there close in most games we lost to the NFC teams. He could have been the difference for us.

Rest is just noise apart from Graham who was signed this week. He was cut by the Bills and the Titans after a few weeks. Graham may have a shot to see the field. That's how depleted we are at WR position.

Those other guys don't see a lot of the field as WR's. Haakim or Powell or Sanuders when he was here were not helping at WR position. Hill could have helped. Because he is a WR. A WR opposition has to prep and plan for. We were there close in most games we lost to the NFC teams. He could have been the difference for us.

Rest is just noise apart from Graham who was signed this week. He was cut by the Bills and the Titans after a few weeks. Graham may have a shot to see the field. That's how depleted we are at WR position.

I think they see Powell as a WR.  Same with Graham who already out there against the Chargers and has been an NFL WR.  A crappy one, but he has been out there.  Agree on Hakim and Saunders.  Saunders was a disaster from the get go - teeny tiny, seizures and can't catch punts. Better they just paid Hester or Ginn and picked somebody else. Those guys got in the 3/$9M range - I guess the years/money were a bit steep, but obviously it is not a slam dunk to draft a punt returner.  Wilson was a top returner in college and he also sucks at it. 

I think they see Powell as a WR.  Same with Graham who already out there against the Chargers and has been an NFL WR.  A crappy one, but he has been out there.  Agree on Hakim and Saunders.  Saunders was a disaster from the get go - teeny tiny, seizures and can't catch punts. Better they just paid Hester or Ginn and picked somebody else. Those guys got in the 3/$9M range - I guess the years/money were a bit steep, but obviously it is not a slam dunk to draft a punt returner.  Wilson was a top returner in college and he also sucks at it. 

Believe it or not but Powell was seen as a reach as a 6th round pick.

There might some way Graham is able to contribute on this offense. I hope.

Saunders was a reminder that midgets cannot play in the NFL.

Archived