What positives do we take away from last night?

Freemanm

I know

Bob Kraft paid off the Refs.

No, just a mundane case of Ref. giving the benefit of the doubt to a famous "name" player at home.

The Ref work last night was, generally speaking, pretty fair and decent IMO.

If you can watch that play and not see the interference, well......I guess the Pats have blind homers too, /shrug.

geno played pretty good, for him. danger is if he shows flashes but never develops ala sanchez. much better to have a total washout than a tease at the qb position. time will tell whether he just had a good night or if he has turned the corner. but i saw some really excellent decision making from him last night. tucking and running, throwing it away, the last drive he looked like an all pro working the sideline. if he had a couple timeouts i think we would've had em. shame.

me too. I'm starting to be on the clean house completely bandwagon

It is sad that we have to feel this way without having won a SB since 1969

Oh, he's gotta go too.  Every one of these mutha****ers in the front office and on the sidelines has to go.  "Gotta go!" -- my new mantra.

I feel the same way. We are a bad circus act and it is simply becoming worse. 

I am really proud of how the Jets played last night.  I dont care if they lost.  This was a great game by Gang Green.  I question the preventative officiating at the end, and Aboushi's holding penalty,  But to hell with that.  Jets jets jets -- forever!  I think this may turn into a very good team next season.

If you are a real Jets fan you know one thing....Next season never comes for us.

Unlike Sanchez, I think the Geno need weapnz people may have a point. I agree that is a maturity thing. When your WRs suck sometime you have to hit them in the head with the ball a few times. When Geno has Decker, it appears to be a poor, but functional offense. Without Decker he curls up in a ball and dies. He seems like he really might have something if they packed the O with some more playmakers. It's a shame they whiffed so bad on this draft and Hill, but maybe as the year goes on Amaro can fill in for some of the weak ass WR play. Part of Geno looking good against the Pats is their philosophy - they let you move the ball and wait for you to make a mistake. For the most part Geno didn't, but the O did. Twice they had huge red zone penalties. I agree it is a mentality thing because he just goes in a shell and flat sucks at times (Chargers, long stretches last year, etc)

Word. I also think the difference between Sanchez and Geno is that Sanchez had no feel for where his receivers were going to be--he was a see it/throw it guy, which always put him behind the eight ball on every play. Geno, imo, has a more natural understanding of the passing game, but it's translated so far into him appearing like he's playing in the schoolyard. When he had Nelson and Kerley healthy last year, he played ok, similarly to this year with Decker and Kerley. I don't want to bank my franchise on him, but I think the next coach has something to work with there.

No, just a mundane case of Ref. giving the benefit of the doubt to a famous "name" player at home.The Ref work last night was, generally speaking, pretty fair and decent IMO.If you can watch that play and not see the interference, well......I guess the Pats have blind homers too, /shrug.

Agreed

Unlike Sanchez, I think the Geno need weapnz people may have a point.  I agree that is a maturity thing.  When your WRs suck sometime you have to hit them in the head with the ball a few times. When Geno has Decker, it appears to be a poor, but functional offense.  Without Decker he curls up in a ball and dies. He seems like he really might have something if they packed the O with some more playmakers.  It's a shame they whiffed so bad on this draft and Hill, but maybe as the year goes on Amaro can fill in for some of the weak ass WR play.  Part of Geno looking good against the Pats is their philosophy - they let you move the ball and wait for you to make a mistake. For the most part Geno didn't, but the O did.  Twice they had huge red zone penalties. I agree it is a mentality thing because he just goes in a shell and flat sucks at times (Chargers, long stretches last year, etc)

he looked comfortable last night. maybe for the first time. will see next week whether it was just the stars aligning or whether he is growing.

even i have to admit when vick was brought in when geno was shaken up for a series i was upset

The positive from last night is the same one from all season, Wilkerson. It looks like he's going to be awesome for quite some time. I know it's not saying much given our record but Wilkerson is definitely the team MVP this year. He's having an All Pro season.

I had a premonition last night that Idzik was going to trade him for picks.

As well as Geno...Who will continue to show flashes and blow games.

In the Jetsd' 5 losses SMith has been in for 8 drives with the score within 1 TD at tht end of the 4th.

1 FG;

1 missed FG;

1 Pick 6

3 3 and outs

4 turned over on downs.

By accident or defensive screw up, think a mediocre QB would have a TD or 2 . Alas Smith isn't even that good.

Coples is making the decision to not pick up his 2015 contract very easy.

I see to many people giving up on the jets already. we have played competitively with every team we have played against this season except for the chargers. look at who we have played so far and who we lost to then look at who we get to play the rest of the season. although the odds are not with us we could still finish this season with a winning record and from the way our schedule looks to me this season is not dead but just getting started.

No, just a mundane case of Ref. giving the benefit of the doubt to a famous "name" player at home.

The Ref work last night was, generally speaking, pretty fair and decent IMO.

If you can watch that play and not see the interference, well......I guess the Pats have blind homers too, /shrug.

Look, the Jets OL was holding all night long and the Pats were flagged plenty.

If Revis was there early it wasn't by much. Rex is crying about breaks and Pace claims the NFL schedule makers were out to screw the Jets.

Kicking FGs lost this game for NY and Antonio Allen lost out there.

I am sure you are very happy that your desperate need to be right is satisfied.

The only people supporting you are Pats fans and JETS "fans" who love to be right no matter what happens to the team.

Now GFY!

Man, you are one twisted piece of work.  I am going to call you "Lou".  For LOSER.  You are a mess.   :rl:

Look, the Jets OL was holding all night long and the Pats were flagged plenty.

I know

Woody Johnson paid off the Refs.

If Revis was there early it wasn't by much.

So it was pass interference, now we're just debating how blatant. Excellent.

Rex is crying about breaks and Pace claims the NFL schedule makers were out to screw the Jets.

I don't speak for Rex or Pace, I speak for me.

Kicking FGs lost this game for NY and Antonio Allen lost out there.

Agreed.

No positives, this is not Pop Warner.  You win you lose.  You save discussion like player develop for the off season.   That's when you watch all that film and know who you can count on for 2015 where you need an upgrade.  Now you win and you lose.  No moral victories in the NFL.  You move on and you get ready for Buffalo.

Archived