Michael Crabtree Free Agent

TammaroFrank

Obviously, the Jets need to address the cornerback position in the worst way but, they need one more receiver to play across from Eric Decker.  Michael Crabtree is the perfect guy to go sign as a free agent.  Decker and Crabtree with Harvin in the slot and Amaro at tight end along with our running game we would have a pretty potent offense.

Obviously, the Jets need to address the cornerback position in the worst way but, they need one more receiver to play across from Eric Decker. Michael Crabtree is the perfect guy to go sign as a free agent. Decker and Crabtree with Harvin in the slot and Amaro at tight end along with our running game we would have a pretty potent offense.

Why can't we just trade for Calvin Johnson?

If we could get him, sure, but I feel like the 49ers will go out of their way to keep him, or atleast tag him because they don't really have anyone else at WR going forward that is going to beat No. 1 corner guys.  I think they work some kind of extension with him and keep him.  Of all the projected free agents, I think Dez and Torrey Smith have a shot at atleast reaching free agency, while Thomas and Crabtree will retained by their team one way or another. 

If we could get him, sure, but I feel like the 49ers will go out of their way to keep him, or atleast tag him because they don't really have anyone else at WR going forward that is going to beat No. 1 corner guys. I think they work some kind of extension with him and keep him. Of all the projected free agents, I think Dez and Torrey Smith have a shot at atleast reaching free agency, while Thomas and Crabtree will retained by their team one way or another.

Dez has as much of a chance of becoming a FA next yr as Calvin Johnson does.

Dez has as much of a chance of becoming a FA next yr as Calvin Johnson does.

With Dez it's a matter of the team just not being able to afford him because of their contract situation.  They would have to get awfully creative to fit him in though.  And they rolled over a ton of money these past years to take off the cap burden until the next year, so I'm not really sure who they can even do that to at this point without the dead money killing them.  

We may grab a WR, but it's not going to be a Dez or Demaryius, it's going to be another #2, because we're not going to put ourselves into another tanny conundrum where we have too much money invested into one position. Albeit, these contracts are made by a really smart and cautious guy, and they won't kill us down the road. But especially this offseason when we have Mo and Snax to extend. Wouldn't be shocked to see no Wr pick ups. We still have Shaq whose coming back and maybe enunwa can even make an appearance on the team by the end of the season. 

At this point, if we can get our quarterback and secondary play straightened up this offseason, I'll be happy. Also I think the OL needs some work.

With Dez it's a matter of the team just not being able to afford him because of their contract situation. They would have to get awfully creative to fit him in though. And they rolled over a ton of money these past years to take off the cap burden until the next year, so I'm not really sure who they can even do that to at this point without the dead money killing them.

They sure did rollover a lot of money, but cutting Dware saved a lot in the long run as well. Doug Free will most likely be released along with Melton. That saves them an instant 15mil on players they don't necessarilt need. Jerry isn't letting Dez go, that's almost a given. That's just the common belief here in Dallas.

They sure did rollover a lot of money, but cutting Dware saved a lot in the long run as well. Doug Free will most likely be released along with Melton. That saves them an instant 15mil on players they don't necessarilt need. Jerry isn't letting Dez go, that's almost a given. That's just the common belief here in Dallas.

I think it'll be interesting how they try to fit him in.  I think the biggest difference is, Romo's cap number goes from about 11 this year to 27 next year, which is an insane jump at this point of his career.  But his contract is long enough that I'm not sure how they are going to restructure it at this point to get that number down.   Although I do think the Cowboys winning helps Dez's chance of staying there, whereas if they were horrible it was more likely they would've broken it down.  Their other problem is that Murray is on a historic pace as well right now, and he's making chump change.  They have to pay him as well because I think this is his 4th year, so his contract should be up as well.  You would assume they have to give him a hefty raise or tag him, both of which are going to raise their cap considerably.  

It might come down to Murray vs Bryant, at which point I think for our purposes we have to hope Murray has a historic season and forces them to retain him.

We may grab a WR, but it's not going to be a Dez or Demaryius, it's going to be another #2, because we're not going to put ourselves into another tanny conundrum where we have too much money invested into one position. Albeit, these contracts are made by a really smart and cautious guy, and they won't kill us down the road. But especially this offseason when we have Mo and Snax to extend. Wouldn't be shocked to see no Wr pick ups. We still have Shaq whose coming back and maybe enunwa can even make an appearance on the team by the end of the season. 

At this point, if we can get our quarterback and secondary play straightened up this offseason, I'll be happy. Also I think the OL needs some work.

The Jets have a ton of Depth on the defensive line so Don't be surprised if they don't sign them all . If your talking about a smart cautious GM then there is the outside chance MO is gonna get low balled here

Not bad, but a pretty simplistic plan. Why can't we just wait for the Lions to release him so we can get him for nothing?

And then wait until after he goes through waivers so we can get him to sing up for vets minimum. This is a real possibility in 2025.

If Harvin stays, even after a potential restructure, the Jets will have about $15M a year tied up in those two WRs. Hard to imagine them breaking the bank for a true #1 type on top of that. Especially given their QB situation. If they decide to let Harvin walk, then maybe it's a different story.

The Jets have a ton of Depth on the defensive line so Don't be surprised if they don't sign them all . If your talking about a smart cautious GM then there is the outside chance MO is gonna get low balled here

I think it will also be interesting to see what the Jets new coaching staff installs as a defense.  If they shift the Jets back to a more traditional 4-3, that's likely to have an impact on what they do along the DL.  While the Jets play with plenty of 4 DL packages, the truth is that the way they run the defense is what allows them to account for the fact that all of Wilkerson, Richardson, Harrison, and Coples are really meant to be playing inside.  They obviously aren't going to worry about Coples so much, but the other three they'll have to make a decision on how they'll want to handle.  Regardless, I can't imagine there's any way they let Wilkerson go anytime soon, even if it's just via a few years of tagging, but it could be interesting to watch.

I think it will also be interesting to see what the Jets new coaching staff installs as a defense.  If they shift the Jets back to a more traditional 4-3, that's likely to have an impact on what they do along the DL.  While the Jets play with plenty of 4 DL packages, the truth is that the way they run the defense is what allows them to account for the fact that all of Wilkerson, Richardson, Harrison, and Coples are really meant to be playing inside.  They obviously aren't going to worry about Coples so much, but the other three they'll have to make a decision on how they'll want to handle.  Regardless, I can't imagine there's any way they let Wilkerson go anytime soon, even if it's just via a few years of tagging, but it could be interesting to watch.

yeah I like MO hes a damn good player and I think the scheme will dictate a lot of how we proceed But I would not be shocked if Wilk asks for a lot of money Idzik lets him move on due to the depth. Remember its not that I want to see that happens but I bet that's the way Idzik thinks especially with a roster with so many holes in the secondary and depth on the Oline and the need for a WR-1 to play along side Decker oh yeah and a QB :)

Signing of a WR 1 also has Harvin implecation's as well. Will we keep him ? Restructure ? Lots of questions.... Either way Harvin is far from a WR-1 hes a jack of all trades type but in no way a conventional WR that can consistently play the position

Archived