why this billboard is detremental for our team.

bealeb319

i believe that the fire idzik billboard will end up causing more harm than good. i understand everyone is frustrated that our team is having a horrific season but is putting up a billboard to have our gm fired really going to help anything? yes it might persuade Woody to fire Idzik and i know the majority of you would love every second of that but something to remember is that every future potential gm out there is watching this, they are going to see how the fans of this team treat our staff and because of this i expect that by putting up this billboard we are going to deter some of the potential gms who could actually be great for us. just think for a second if you were a potential gm next year would you want to come to a team where your fans are going to put a billboard up calling for the owner to fire you after being on the team for one full year and change because you were unable to figure out each and every problem and flawlessly fix it?

i believe that the fire idzik billboard will end up causing more harm than good. i understand everyone is frustrated that our team is having a horrific season but is putting up a billboard to have our gm fired really going to help anything? yes it might persuade Woody to fire Idzik and i know the majority of you would love every second of that but something to remember is that every future potential gm out there is watching this, they are going to see how the fans of this team treat our staff and because of this i expect that by putting up this billboard we are going to deter some of the potential gms who could actually be great for us. just think for a second if you were a potential gm next year would you want to come to a team where your fans are going to put a billboard up calling for the owner to fire you after being on the team for one full year and change because you were unable to figure out each and every problem and flawlessly fix it?

Unlike, say, forcing a buffoon of a HC or an inept director of scouting (who used to be our GM) on them?

Compared to Woody's laughable edicts, a billboard isn't even a blip on the radar.

but, something about verner, something about desean jackson, something about geno, something about aliens, something about chris johnson, something about John F. Kennedy, something about Indiana Jones and the Kindom of the Crystal Skull, something about ebola, something about mark sanchez, something about Dexter McDougle, something about rex is the greatest coach ever, something about peyton manning, blah blah blah

Unlike, say, forcing a buffoon of a HC or an inept director of scouting (who used to be our GM) on them?

Compared to Woody's laughable edicts, a billboard isn't even a blip on the radar.

i cant say that you don't have  a point there are many other reasons a good gm will not want to come to the jets but the billboard certainly wont help.

They loss eight games in a row.  I think the harm is already done.

The worst prerequisite on this job was trading Revis.

Hi welcome to the Jets. You have to trade the team's best player. 

Woody chose cap space over Revis. 

The point is, top GM candidates don't want to deal with ANY of these prerequisites from a know-nothing owner like Woody, and they're infinitely more likely to turn off top candidates than some billboard chastising the inept current GM, who was only hired because he was one of the few to take the job with said prerequisites attached.

If Woody wants a competent GM to come here, he's going to have to clean house and cede full control. They won't be deterred by some billboard.

If Woody wants a competent GM to come here, he's going to have to clean house and cede full control. They won't be deterred by some billboard.

Actually agree with this. Good thing Woody doesn't want a competent GM he wants a cheap GM. And a cheap HC. All the money he doesn't spend on salary goes into his pocket.

there's this fallacy that the Jets will lose money if they lose. This might be the most profitable year for Woody, maybe ever. He's pocketing 30 mil in potential payroll. 

in his defense that trade ended up being much better for us than the buccaneers though its not saying much.

Why the fuk are people making such a big deal out of the banner and billboard being so outlandish and "detrimental"?  Fans are pissed and they are just blowing off a little steam.  It's their money.  If they want to spend it on this stuff God bless ya.

As for it being "detrimental", please we're friggin 1-8.  One...and...eight.  Beyond the record, the team is full of scrubs and being run by a mail room guy.

Why the fuk are people making such a big deal out of the banner and billboard being so outlandish and "detrimental"?  Fans are pissed and they are just blowing off a little steam.  It's their money.  If they want to spend it on this stuff God bless ya.

As for it being "detrimental", please we're friggin 1-8.  One...and...eight.  Beyond the record, the team is full of scrubs and being run by a mail room guy.

its similar to why i despise boston fans of every sport. complete lack of class.

Pure distilled guff.

The Revis deal was perfectly fine, we got commensurate value in picks, and dumped a player coming off injury that was a constant front office problem, and simply was not and is not worth the 16 million per season he was demanding.

Lets be clear here, we suck at DB because our #1 (Milliner) and #2 (MacDougal) are both effectively hurt and out for the entire season, and our #3, Patterson, lost his mind.

No team survives that unscathed.  For example, remove Revis and Dennard and whomever the #3 is from new England via injury and their CB's are suddenly amongst the worst in the NFL, a huge weakness, just like us.  So would it be for every team at that point.

Given Revis history, it could have just as likely been him hurt as Milliner or MacDougal, or holding out again for more money yet again (and hurt as soon as he comes back).

To over-simplify that move as "choosing cap space" over winning is patent retardation.

its similar to why i despise boston fans of every sport. complete lack of class.

Dude, I get it.  Seriously.  But some of us are just tired of having the same sh1t crammed down our throats for almost 50 years. Things go on as usual with owners like Hess and Woody unless folks find a way to embarrass them.  

When the Giants were really bad is the 70's the fans got fed up. The Mara's were fighting all the time and the team was in shambles. I want to say it was 1978 or 1979 somebody flew a plane over Giants Stadium during a game that said "15 years of lousy football we have had enough".

Not long after that with Mara's unable to agree on a GM Pete Rozelle stepped in and "recommended" George Young. 

The rest they say is history. 2 Super Bowl winners and stability for a franchise that needed it in the worse way.

Maybe Woody should pay attention

Pure distilled guff.

The Revis deal was perfectly fine, we got commensurate value in picks, and dumped a player coming off injury that was a constant front office problem, and simply was not and is not worth the 16 million per season he was demanding.

Lets be clear here, we suck at DB because our #1 (Milliner) and #2 (MacDougal) are both effectively hurt and out for the entire season, and our #3, Patterson, lost his mind.

No team survives that unscathed.  For example, remove Revis and Dennard and whomever the #3 is from new England via injury and their CB's are suddenly amongst the worst in the NFL, a huge weakness, just like us.  So would it be for every team at that point.

Given Revis history, it could have just as likely been him hurt as Milliner or MacDougal, or holding out again for more money yet again (and hurt as soon as he comes back).

To over-simplify that move as "choosing cap space" over winning is patent retardation.

BB could have always called on Troy Brown to come out retirement. :)

Nobody makes it to being considered for a NFL GM job if their ambition can be rattled by the fear of a billboard.

Can you consolidate all your illogical, emotional theories into one thread please. Thanks.

BTW the billboards worked in KC where Peeoli created a clusterphuck there. Now they have a real coach and a real GM(Dorsey). If people are so distressed over this, instead of going to a restaurant and paying $75 for a soso meal give a homeless dude $75 so he can buy some fireball

Nobody makes it to being considered for a NFL GM job if their ambition can be rattled by the fear of a billboard.

Can you consolidate all your illogical, emotional theories into one thread please. Thanks.

No but a thinking man will consider his opportunities.  Why take the Jets job with an insanely unfair press and a fan base that has turned vicious and unsupportive when other safer gm jobs are to be had.  Lets be fair, most of you attacked Idzik on his first draft and are out of your mind this year when 6th and 7th rounders do not make the team. Oh I say Jets fans will be fair to the new guy for at least 60 seconds.

Agreed.

I think there are some attractive things for whomever will take this team over in 2015. You have a few, young, very talented core players to build around. There are also 2 or 3 solid veterans. But OBVIOUSLY there is a lot of work to be done.

But with a top 3 pick in every round and 50-60 million to spend... Any high level personnel guy would believe they can turn it around.

That being said, with these fans, this media and Woody Johnson at the helm.... Lombardi, Parcells, Bill Walsh, Jimmy Johnson, ... No one alive or dead could fix this.

Well, If the potential GM is worried about how the fans are going to react to him when he goes 1-8. I don't think I want that guy for GM

BTW the billboards worked in KC where Peeoli created a clusterphuck there. Now they have a real coach and a real GM(Dorsey). If people are so distressed over this, instead of going to a restaurant and paying $75 for a soso meal give a homeless dude $75 so he can buy some fireball

Didn't Fireball get recalled?

Archived