Jerry Rice says Jim Harbaugh is Gone.

BurnleyJet

I say get his ass over here!

Jerry Rice, the Hall of Fame former 49ers receiver, thinks Jim Harbaugh is heading into his final eight games as the head coach in San Francisco.

Asked by Sports Illustrated if Harbaugh will remain with the 49ers beyond this season, Rice answered, “I really don’t think so, I think he’s gone no matter what happens this year.”

Rice added that he believes the players will be influenced by doubts about Harbaugh’s long-term commitment, even if everyone insists that they’re totally focused on the task at hand.

“Maybe that’s starting to wear and tear on the team and it’s taking its toll,” Rice said. “The team, they try to say, ‘Well, we’re not affected by it.’ But you are.”

On PFT Live today, Rice said the 49ers are playing with no confidence.

“It’s up to the players to re-focus,” Rice said.

Rice sounds like he thinks the coach is focused on getting another job two months from now.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/04/jerry-rice-jim-harbaugh-is-gone-and-its-affecting-the-49ers/

If we finish 1-15 and lock up the number 1 overall pick, we are guaranteed Mariota.... combined with 50-60 million in cap room... and a FAT ASS salary... maybe it's not so crazy he lands here.

One thing that sucks for us this offseason is that we will be competing with the VA-Giants for head coach candidates. They have a franchise QB and are a much more stable franchise.

If we finish 1-15 and lock up the number 1 overall pick, we are guaranteed Mariota.... combined with 50-60 million in cap room... and a FAT ASS salary... maybe it's not so crazy he lands here.

One thing that sucks for us this offseason is that we will be competing with the VA-Giants for head coach candidates. They have a franchise QB and are a much more stable franchise.

Is Eli actually a plus at this point?  The guy is 33 and not exactly tearing up the league the last couple of years.  I think a coach might prefer to come in and install his own sh*t.  Of course that is one of the problems the Jets FO has had since Parcells left  - the constant conditions and carry-overs.  The Giants are certainly more stable, but they are a sh*tload less likely to hand Harbaugh the keys and let him pick a FO.  Their coach is likely going to have to deal with whatever GM the Maras want - be it Reese or someone new.  If the go total overhaul, it is more likely that they would go with a guy like Cowher.

He's the 49ers Namath, and the best NFL player in History. I give him some slack and I'm all in for Crazy Jim! - Guy knows Q.B's.

Kaepernick?  I'm still not buying.  

He'll go to back to college IMO

The thing is I'm wondering why he'd be motivated to deal with Michigan alum after just coming out of another crappy situation. That job is ****ed and everyone knows it. Woody and Idzik need to make him an absurd offer and promise that he's not to be screwed with. He's really the perfect guy for the job. Experience in the 3-4 and most importantly he's the best shot we have at finding someone who can land us a quarterback.

Is Eli actually a plus at this point? The guy is 33 and not exactly tearing up the league the last couple of years. I think a coach might prefer to come in and install his own sh*t. Of course that is one of the problems the Jets FO has had since Parcells left - the constant conditions and carry-overs. The Giants are certainly more stable, but they are a sh*tload less likely to hand Harbaugh the keys and let him pick a FO. Their coach is likely going to have to deal with whatever GM the Maras want - be it Reese or someone new. If the go total overhaul, it is more likely that they would go with a guy like Cowher.

Kaepernick? I'm still not buying.

It's how he turned Smith around also, the Guy was awful before crazy Jim took over.

I think he goes back to college, waits for a perfect opportunity again with a talented team to come back to the NFL.   Although I wouldn't mind getting him as the coach, just worried about clashes with a possible new GM.  A lot of these coach/GM types don't seem to work as well because these coaches have emotional ties to the players.   However, just as a coach, I would love him for him to be here.  But he probably wants the GM option as well, which could be risky.  

The thing is I'm wondering why he'd be motivated to deal with Michigan alum after just coming out of another crappy situation. That job is ****ed and everyone knows it. Woody and Idzik need to make him an absurd offer and promise that he's not to be screwed with. He's really the perfect guy for the job. Experience in the 3-4 and most importantly he's the best shot we have at finding someone who can land us a quarterback.

Hated the guy as a player, but wouldn't mind him as a coach. Just don't expect this team to do the right thing. It's strange how quickly things soured in SF.

Hated the guy as a player, but wouldn't mind him as a coach. Just don't expect this team to do the right thing. It's strange how quickly things soured in SF.

Harbaugh's a douche. Despite that he gets his guys to buy into his system and they win. The fact that he has an eye for QBs is the icing on the cake. If Woody doesn't make him the top priority in the event that he gets let go that would be a new low for him.

Harbaugh's a douche. Despite that he gets his guys to buy into his system and they win. The fact that he has an eye for QBs is the icing on the cake. If Woody doesn't make him the top priority in the event that he gets let go that would be a new low for him.

Bingo. I'm not so sure why everyone is confident he'll go to Michigan, that place is absolutely toxic. Show him the money, relative autonomy and no way he chooses to deal with that AD and those f*cking boosters over the big league.  He has a defense he can turn around pretty quickly and will have a shot at Mariota, Winston or convincing Cook to toss his name in, not to mention a treasure trove of cap space.  His ego is perfectly suited for New York, he'll be the star he always wanted.

Best way to get him here is to fire Idzik first, and offer him the keys. He's probably just a Parcellian short term solution, but I'd take it to right the ship.

Bingo. I'm not so sure why everyone is confident he'll go to Michigan, that place is absolutely toxic. Show him the money, relative autonomy and no way he chooses to deal with that AD and those f*cking boosters over the big league. He has a defense he can turn around pretty quickly and will have a shot at Mariota, Winston or convincing Cook to toss his name in, not to mention a treasure trove of cap space. His ego is perfectly suited for New York, he'll be the star he always wanted.

He started Kaepernick when Smith kind of had the rights to that gig. But Harbaugh knows what's up and did it anyway. You don't **** around when you think you've found the right guy.

He started Kaepernick when Smith kind of had the rights to that gig. But Harbaugh knows what's up and did it anyway. You don't **** around when you think you've found the right guy.

Agreed.

Side note, how was Interstellar? I'm going this weekend and am trying to beat down the excitement boner, but to no avail.  

Nothing bad can happen by giving Jim Harbaugh complete control of the organization.

Get in touch with your feelings from when Idzik chose not to fire Rex last year, or passed on a QB in the first round this year, and get on the bandwagon. Idzik sucks. Whatever you initially hoped he was, he's not.

I think he goes back to college, waits for a perfect opportunity again with a talented team to come back to the NFL.   Although I wouldn't mind getting him as the coach, just worried about clashes with a possible new GM.  A lot of these coach/GM types don't seem to work as well because these coaches have emotional ties to the players.   However, just as a coach, I would love him for him to be here.  But he probably wants the GM option as well, which could be risky.  

At a loss why Harbaugh would go anyplace but Ann Arbor, where he can pretty much get away with yelling at kids 4 years at a time for a decade or so. And we're about to see the college Final 4 become the 2nd biggest sporting event only behind the Super Bowl. 

Cowher i suspect is waiting for Tom Coughlin's "retirement".

Jets need to find a young hungry GM, and let him find some young hungry coach. Would consider Gruden, who might like to work with Mariota were that to come to pass. 

One suggestion-who ever is the GM or HC, bring back Westoff in some capacity.

Get in touch with your feelings from when Idzik chose not to fire Rex last year, or passed on a QB in the first round this year, and get on the bandwagon. Idzik sucks. Whatever you initially hoped he was, he's not.

Righteousness needs no bandwagon. You're all drunken sailors.

Archived