Goodell era football: where 6 TD passes in one half is possible

Blackout

This league is bordering on unwatchable for me.

3 weeks in a row now a QB has thrown 6 TD's. The novelty of big plays and TD's is dead. Not with the Jets though. Never with the Jets. 

Yep.  I hate saying this but the NFL jumped the shark quite a few years ago.  Not as long ago as the Simpsons but right around that same time.

What have penalties got to do with anything?

The goodell era is commonly known for changing the rules to make everything pass friendly. Even in 1975 Jordy Nelson would have been 10-15 yds open against the jets like secondary Chicago has. These plays were not aided by soft penalties.

The goodell era is commonly known for changing the rules to make everything pass friendly. Even in 1975 Jordy Nelson would have been 10-15 yds open against the jets like secondary Chicago has. These plays were not aided by soft penalties.

Of course there were no penalties. DB's cannot touch WR's so why would they - The rules are bullsh*t, but they're not going to purposely break them. The middle of the field is now so open it's ridiculous.

This league is a ******* joke.  Its not even Football anymore.

The greatest team sport in the world?  Please.  The game has simply become who has the better QB.

Look at the league yesterday, only 2 games where the team with the worse QB won.  Jets and 49'ers.

it's "not football anymore" because people don't love football. they like football. they LOVE gambling. fantasy football and gambling is why they've changed the rules to so favor offense, and with the explosion of the web in the last decade, it's easier to gamble than ever.

more gambling = more eyeballs = more ads = more money. it's not about football, and it hasn't been for years, and it's not going to be any time soon.

It is just silly at this point.  Draft a QB with every pick this year...screw it.

The only games that were remotely close yesterday were those that had basically equivalent or close to it talent levels at the QB position.

Miami vs. Detroit

New Orleans vs. San Fran

Atlanta vs. Tampa

Bills vs. Chiefs

And the winner in each went to the better QB in every game other than New Orleans vs. San Fran.  The rest of the games, 1 QB severely out matched the other and they were full on blow outs.  

The only game where there the talent level was lopsided and the worst QB came out on top was the Jets game.  Go figure.

This league is a ******* joke.  Its not even Football anymore.

The greatest team sport in the world?  Please.  The game has simply become who has the better QB.

Look at the league yesterday, only 2 games where the team with the worse QB won.  Jets and 49'ers.

100% agreed.  It's an era were watching the Redzone network provides more entertainment than the games.  It's a "Highlight" driven lead.  No use watching anything other than 20 yards out.  LOL  "honey,, wake me up when the good part is on."

Yeah, when Montana and Elway were swapping titles, it was all about grit.

Montana and Elway were never "swapping titles".  Elway didnt win his first SB till a decade after Montana's last Super Bowl. 

During the time frame you're referring to, QB's such as, Phil Simms,, Doug Williams Jim McMahon, Mark Rypien, Steve Grogan, Stan Humphries, Niel O'Donnel, went to the Super Bowl.  They were all far from elite. 

Then you had the QB's around the 2000's who made it/won it.  Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Steve McNair, Nobody Brady, Kerry Collins, Rich Gannon, Donovan McNabb, Chris Chandler - who are not HOF QB's or where at the time.

It was important back then, I never said different.  But now, its stupid because its all that matters.  The league is a joke.  I've always preferred NFL ball to college, these days, I'm wavering.  The product is watered down bullsh*t. 

Montana and Elway were never "swapping titles".  Elway didnt win his first SB till a decade after Montana's last Super Bowl. 

During the time frame you're referring to, QB's such as, Phil Simms,, Doug Williams Jim McMahon, Mark Rypien, Steve Grogan, Stan Humphries, Niel O'Donnel, went to the Super Bowl.  They were all far from elite. 

Then you had the QB's around the 2000's who made it/won it.  Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Steve McNair, Nobody Brady, Kerry Collins, Rich Gannon, Donovan McNabb, Chris Chandler - who are not HOF QB's or where at the time.

It was important back then, I never said different.  But now, its stupid because its all that matters.  The league is a joke.  I've always preferred NFL ball to college, these days, I'm wavering.  The product is watered down bullsh*t. 

To be fair, Rodgers is really that good.

100% agreed.  It's an era were watching the Redzone network provides more entertainment than the games.  It's a "Highlight" driven lead.  No use watching anything other than 20 yards out.  LOL  "honey,, wake me up when the good part is on."

Yep.  Parody?  Almost half the league is below .500.  

Its a joke. 

To be fair, Rodgers is really that good.

I get it.  He might be the best I've ever seen, really.  And I'm not trying to take anything away from the greatness we're viewing (Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees) and but its basically pointless for the rest of the league other than Seattle and Indy.

I get it.  He might be the best I've ever seen, really.  And I'm not trying to take anything away from the greatness we're viewing (Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees) and but its basically pointless for the rest of the league other than Seattle and Indy.

they're trying to eliminate any contact between WR and DB. They've called offensive PI like crazy this year too. Just too many penalties.

The only games that were remotely close yesterday were those that had basically equivalent or close to it talent levels at the QB position.

Miami vs. Detroit

New Orleans vs. San Fran

Atlanta vs. Tampa

Bills vs. Chiefs

And the winner in each went to the better QB in every game other than New Orleans vs. San Fran.  The rest of the games, 1 QB severely out matched the other and they were full on blow outs.  

The only game where there the talent level was lopsided and the worst QB came out on top was the Jets game.  Go figure.

You really think Stafford is that bad?

they're trying to eliminate any contact between WR and DB. They've called offensive PI like crazy this year too. Just too many penalties.

Its slowing down an already slow game.

You really think Stafford is that bad?

You're hatred for Tannehill is stupid.  You're just in denial.  Kids got game.

I think Stafford gets the edge, like I said in my post, but its closer than you think.  Tannehill doesnt have Calvin to just throw the ball up to and hope for the best.

Its slowing down an already slow game.

You're hatred for Tannehill is stupid.  You're just in denial.  Kids got game.

I think Stafford gets the edge, like I said in my post, but its closer than you think.  Tannehill doesnt have Calvin to just throw the ball up to and hope for the best.

I don't think Tannehill is terrible. I think he is mediocre, like Chad Pennington. And his numbers back me up. 

The offensive PI on Graham was a terrible call. 

Dude it was not even close.

Graham pushed off; extending his arms to create room and he probably did not need to do it.

I get that type of play is going to have contact, but his push off was so obvious it had to be called.

Imagine the outrage when people start biatchin' if he got away with it.. 

Graham pushed off; extending his arms to create room and he probably did not need to do it.

I get that type of play is going to have contact, but his push off was so obvious it had to be called.

He barely touched him and Cox flopped. It's a hail mary type of play....bad call imo. The offensive PI calls this year have been on overload.

THIS BEARS TEAM BEAT US???

I agree I would rather watch the 85 bears or 2000 ravens anyday then what we have now.

give me a kick ass defensive team like the 70's raiders anyday hell if it wasn't for defense the jets would not have won the sb our CB's were all over the colt wr's that day.

not taking anything away from namath but the defense won that SB. Namath just had to manage.

The defender did a nice job of going with it for sure.  but at full speed the ref 100% made the right call.

I agree I would rather watch the 85 bears or 2000 ravens anyday then what we have now.

give me a kick ass defensive team like the 70's raiders anyday hell if it wasn't for defense the jets would not have won the sb our CB's were all over the colt wr's that day.

not taking anything away from namath but the defense won that SB. Namath just had to manage.

Namath...best game manager ever  :winking0001:

This league is bordering on unwatchable for me.

3 weeks in a row now a QB has thrown 6 TD's. The novelty of big plays and TD's is dead. Not with the Jets though. Never with the Jets. 

It takes a QB that can throw 6 TD's in a game - not a month. Jets don't have one of those. Some of the QB's missed on by Jets is too staggering to even admit to. Roger Goodell is an enemy of football. Given his way it would become Arena League and 90 point games would not be out of the question. In Roger World EVERY call is the right call because the rules can interpreted any way you want. It has come down to legaleze these days.

I agree. Graham fully extended his arms and pushed the poor 49er defender away. In Roger World it is a perfect call, but I miss the days when you could actually see football being played and defense was a real concept, not something barely allowed by the rules.

Archived