Shanahan, Holmgren

BlakeSpenceBlockedPunt

Shanahan.  He would be a very interesting hire.

He can handle NYC.  He has a resume (2 rings, another AFC Champ game loss).  He is an offensive minded HC.

Always has a strong run game.  Adapts to his personnel (see RGIII and read option).  Not a re-tread.

Plus he's a mean SOB who would shake up our sacred cows who think winning a meaningless, out of the playoff hunt game is the freakin' Super Bowl.

Thoughts...

Forgot about him.  Holmgren.  Give this guy control and get out of the way.

Won with Green Bay.  Lost another one with Green Bay.  Took Seattle to the Super Bowl.

Believe I've heard his name surface recently as having interest in getting back in the game.

Get him!

Holmgren or Shanny.  No first timers.  No guys that haven't won anything.  These guys are winners who would cement their legacies by winning here.

Get rid of the clown show and get someone like this in here.

Yeah without Elway nothing-I would pass and mishandled his QB in Washington

Yup...pretty abysmal record w/o Elway if I'm not mistaken.  May as well go after Barry Switzer...he won a ring.

Someone should just merge Blake's two big ideas together. So anyway, I know Shanahan looked like sh*t in Washington but I'll take him or Holmgren. I think they need that more established guy who's had success already. You'd like to think he/either one learned from more prior, recent mishaps. 

Mike Holmgreen could be ideal as a HC & GM. 

Someone should just merge Blake's two big ideas together. So anyway, I know Shanahan looked like sh*t in Washington but I'll take him or Holmgren. I think they need that more established guy who's had success already. You'd like to think he/either one learned from more prior, recent mishaps. 

I like Holmgreen. 

No interest in either of these guys. First off, no coach in the history of the league has won Super Bowls with two different teams. Either everything came together in their championship stop, or they lost the fire after winning, I don't know. Just know that's the fact of the modern era.

Ask Dan Snyder what he thinks about Mike Shanahan. The guy was downright destructive as a head coach, forced them to fire him, took his money and ran. At 62 years old, I can't imagine another team giving him the keys, and I really hope he's not even in the conversation for the Jets.

Mike Holmgren is 66 years old, and is done with football after weaning himself off the game with his last, pretty crappy, stint with the Browns.

I understand wanting an experienced hand to come in here, but neither of these guys is the answer. My preference continues to be a guy who's successfully running a college program, and is looking for the challenge of succeeding in the NFL. A combination of having done it and still being hungry. I don't want a fossil, nor do I want another promoted coordinator. I want a youngish guy, with experience in the top job, looking to make his mark in the NFL.

No interest in either of these guys. First off, no coach in the history of the league has won Super Bowls with two different teams. Either everything came together in their championship stop, or they lost the fire after winning, I don't know. Just know that's the fact of the modern era.

Ask Dan Snyder what he thinks about Mike Shanahan. The guy was downright destructive as a head coach, forced them to fire him, took his money and ran. At 62 years old, I can't imagine another team giving him the keys, and I really hope he's not even in the conversation for the Jets.

Mike Holmgren is 66 years old, and is done with football after weaning himself off the game with his last, pretty crappy, stint with the Browns.

I understand wanting an experienced hand to come in here, but neither of these guys is the answer. My preference continues to be a guy who's successfully running a college program, and is looking for the challenge of succeeding in the NFL. A combination of having done it and still being hungry. I don't want a fossil, nor do I want another promoted coordinator. I want a youngish guy, with experience in the top job, looking to make his mark in the NFL.

I'm ok w that too.

The answer, my friends, is Kubiak.

Kubiak + Gurley + Ivory =

...a HC w NFL HC experience and a ground and pound Rex could only dream about, yet never attain.

So let me make sure I understand, you want to waste a high draft pick on a RB and run a pure running offense in 2015????

yea, I dont think so.

So let me make sure I understand, you want to waste a high draft pick on a RB and run a pure running offense in 2015????

yea, I dont think so.

A pure running offense? What does that mean? If that means force them to defend the run because kubiak has done that his entire career then , yes, a pure running offense.

As far as drafting a RB that high? A RB like Gurley, I'd draft first overall. You pair that beast with Ivory and Kubiak's running game and we'd have ourselves a serious running game. Kubiak's never been afraid to go vertical either.

This draft doesn't have a QB worth drafting that high.

A pure running offense? What does that mean? If that means force them to defend the run because kubiak has done that his entire career then , yes, a pure running offense.

As far as drafting a RB that high? A RB like Gurley, I'd draft first overall. You pair that beast with Ivory and Kubiak's running game and we'd have ourselves a serious running game. Kubiak's never been afraid to go vertical either.

This draft doesn't have a QB worth drafting that high.

It's a passing league Rex. You throw to win now. Guess you missed all the rule changes the last few years.

It's a passing league Rex. You throw to win now. Guess you missed all the rule changes the last few years.

Boyitellya... It was a passing league when Kubiak had the texans humming w Arian Foster and Schaub was PASSING. Kubiak had Alfred Morris humming in a passing league.

Kubiak knows the passing game too. Give me Kubiak's offense which, yes, places importance on the running game, with a QB who can actually read a defense and I'll go to war w/ Gurley, ivory, decker amaro, harvin.

I'm well aware that its a passing league, But we both know a balanced attack is important.

Archived