Winstons the Guy

SonnyJet

its settled. bitonti advocates for Winston therefore we should stay as far away from him as possible

btw, after this latest incident with him and the officials I think its clear the guy is a behavior problem we don't need

The official was 100% wrong not Winston, if it was any other QB you wouldn't have heard 1 thing about it.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Has familiarity in a pro style offense

-Has the size and arm talent

-Can anticipate throws and throws guys open

-Great under pressure and late in games

-Can tune out negativity while on the field

All these factors makes him our new franchise QB. Forget the off field issues.

No.

The one thing I will say about taking Winston is you better have an excellent structure from top to bottom of your organization, so while I don't agree it's automatic Winston is a bust, it would take a miracle to have the right structure for him here with the Jets as long as Woody still owns this team.

Name one respected football guy with a quote that says Winston doesn't take football seriously! Don't waste your time you won't find one. He is a knuckle head right now off the field, but on it he loves the game, and his teammates follow his lead, guys gravitate to him on the field, and go ask the Texas Rangers organization how much they loved having him there, he walks in the room, and commands respect on the field. And no let's forget how Namath almost threw his career away because he had to sell his stake in a restaurant that was a front for the mob. And let's assume Big Ben never date raped a sorority girl at Miami of Ohio because nobody was paying attention to it like they watch Winston in FSU.

Come on man!

I'm not sold he isn't going to bust either, but not sold he will because he is immature at the ripe old age of 19.

wasnt thst Russell Wilson?

I'd absolutely take Leonard Williams over Winston 100 times out of 100, despite D-line being the least of our concerns. I'd take an OT like Peat, an OLB like Gregory, a WR like Cooper, or hell, even a RB like Gordon over him as well. 

Winston is not a probable bust; he's a lock. You take a guy like that in the top 5 and unlike someone like Geno who you took in the 2nd, you can't jettison him after a season and a half if (when) he plays like sh*t - you're stuck with him for a minimum of 3 seasons. It's a franchise crippling move.

Treat Winston like he has ebola and stay as far away from him as humanly possible.

THANK GOD you are not the GM.

Just a blowhard who likes running his mouth about Winston and Rex, rinse and repeat.

When Winston  is in the pro bowl a couple years from now and you are scrambling for your "well he never would have made it in NY" excuse, I'll be laughing, then crying becasue the Jets still won't have a quarterback worth a damn.

Winston is a lazy thrower,  That will not work in the NFL.  This guy will bust.  I guarantee it.  Mariotta is the pick.  I wanted ODB Jr.   We did not have a chance.  I guarantee.  Winston will absolutely blow in the NFL.  He has a 5 cent head and is lazy.

What the hell is a "lazy" thrower?  You honestly sound like you have no idea what your talking about. He has a 5 cent head and yet runs Fishers system?

All Mariota is going to do is pull the ball down and run EVERY time he gets in trouble.  He 'll probably end up taking more hits then Newton and will spend the majority of his time injured.

Drafting quarterbacks from FSU or Oregon is a genius idea. Works out splendidly every time.

Your right, let's not draft a QB at all, we'll just waste it on another d lineman, or Amari Cooper, who can't throw the ball to himself.

What's the answer here?

2015 doesnt seem like the draft to take a QB. History shows, most arent anyways. This past class blows.

Improve the offensive line...take a few backs, find some sort of vet at QB(Campbell...?) and run the ball. We're not winning anything next year either. It's impossible to judge the younger guys on this team with a crap oline...till we fix that, this whole operation is useless.

Winston would be absolutely catastrophic for this franchise. He is a terrible QB who wins because he's surrounded by a talent-rich team in an absurdly weak conference. He would make Geno Smith look like Joe Montana. Drafting Winston would resign the Jets to failure for a minimum of the next 3 seasons. JaMarcus Russell level bust. Ryan Leaf level bust. The kind of bust that cripples a franchise, and leaves a stench of failure long after he himself is gone.

Avoid Winston at all costs.

Wholeheartedly agree. 

2015 doesnt seem like the draft to take a QB. History shows, most arent anyways. This past class blows.

Improve the offensive line...take a few backs, find some sort of vet at QB(Campbell...?) and run the ball. We're not winning anything next year either. It's impossible to judge the younger guys on this team with a crap oline...till we fix that, this whole operation is useless.

I'd be fine with Cooper and sh*t ton of OL in the draft.  Completely fine with it. 

I'm not sold on either, but if there is a guy, its Winston IMO.

Seriously, **** this franchise even more if they draft Winston.

I hate the kid but he's the best QB in the draft

I'd be fine with Cooper and sh*t ton of OL in the draft.  Completely fine with it. 

I'm not sold on either, but if there is a guy, its Winston IMO.

I hate the kid but he's the best QB in the draft

I can't argue with you from a physical skill standpoint but this kid's got more character red flags than Cam and personally, imo, is nowhere near the physically imposing or dominant player Cam was at Auburn. 

And we all know physical skill alone won't get you very far in the NFL, despite how elite those skills are, without the mental aspect in check. You think this kid's gonna put the time in to hone his skills a la Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Luck level in the NFL??? 

I can't argue with you from a physical skill standpoint but this kid's got more character red flags than Cam and personally, imo, is nowhere near the physically imposing or dominant player Cam was at Auburn. 

And we all know physical skill alone won't get you very far in the NFL, despite how elite those skills are, without the mental aspect in check. You think this kid's gonna put the time in to hone his skills a la Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Luck level in the NFL??? 

Rodgers is in a class of his own...but from a physical standpoint the guy he's comparable to is Luck. Built similar, similar mechanics...obviously between the ears is night and day though. I think Jameis' upside is a jerkoff version of Luck.

Rodgers is in a class of his own...but from a physical standpoint the guy he's comparable to is Luck. Built similar, similar mechanics...obviously between the ears is night and day though. I think Jameis' upside is a jerkoff version of Luck.

agreed!

I just think that's a significant drop off. Mental characteristics mean everything..or a lot, for an NFL QB.

last thing we need is a headcase in NY. need a steady hand and a leader, because we aren't getting that from the coaching staff.

THANK GOD you are not the GM.

Just a blowhard who likes running his mouth about Winston and Rex, rinse and repeat.

When Winston  is in the pro bowl a couple years from now and you are scrambling for your "well he never would have made it in NY" excuse, I'll be laughing, then crying becasue the Jets still won't have a quarterback worth a damn.

What the hell is a "lazy" thrower?  You honestly sound like you have no idea what your talking about. He has a 5 cent head and yet runs Fishers system?

All Mariota is going to do is pull the ball down and run EVERY time he gets in trouble.  He 'll probably end up taking more hits then Newton and will spend the majority of his time injured.

Your right, let's not draft a QB at all, we'll just waste it on another d lineman, or Amari Cooper, who can't throw the ball to himself.

What's the answer here?

Winston is infinitely more likely to be out of the NFL 5 years from now than in a Pro Bowl. Wake up, he absolutely stinks. He throws pick after pick after pick in the God-awful ACC, can barely beat teams like BC or the U (despite having an absolutely stacked team), and is a lowlife criminal on top of his inability to play the position well. 

Keep advocating for him and you will be every bit as responsible for the crippling effect it has on the Jets as the GM who drafts this bust.

Winston is infinitely more likely to be out of the NFL 5 years from now than in a Pro Bowl. Wake up, he absolutely stinks. He throws pick after pick after pick in the God-awful ACC, can barely beat teams like BC or the U (despite having an absolutely stacked team), and is a lowlife criminal on top of his inability to play the position well. 

Keep advocating for him and you will be every bit as responsible for the crippling effect it has on the Jets as the GM who drafts this bust.

Tebow tore up the SEC. It's an inexact science....

Archived