Raiders won.

Greenseed4

Tampa Bay is in the driver's seat for the first overall pick, Oakland drops to 5th because of SOS.

on edit: (after looking up the tie breaking info)

Draft order if the season ended today:

Tampa Bay (.458)

Jacksonville (.545)

Tennessee (.545)

New York (.583)

Oakland (.590)

Tiebreakers are as follows:

• Strength of schedule (shown in parentheses above) for the previous season is the first tie-breaker for teams with the same winning percentage. The team with the lowest strength of schedule percentage wins the tiebreaker and picks ahead of all other teams with the same record.

• Divisional and conference records are the next step in the tie-breaking procedure.

Thanks for the update. If the Jets can find a way to lose next week in Nashville and lose out at 2-14, they will move ahead of Tennessee to at least 4. If Jax beats Tennessee, we move to at least 3. Tampa has one remaining winnable game against the Panthers and if that happens, we return to 2 unless Oakland finds a miracle in their week 17 matchup.

Thanks for the update. If the Jets can find a way to lose next week in Nashville and lose out at 2-14, they will move ahead of Tennessee to at least 4. If Jax beats Tennessee, we move to at least 3. Tampa has one remaining winnable game against the Panthers and if that happens, we return to 2 unless Oakland finds a miracle in their week 17 matchup.

Jets are already above Oakland after their win this week if I'm not mistaken

Next weeks game is huge in terms of draft status. If the Jets lose to Tennessee then Tennessee beats JAX the week after I'm pretty sure the Jets would move up to #2 as long as they lose out.If th

If there was ever 1 game that we must lose that would absolutely change our future it would be next week. 

Tampa, Tenn, and Jax all have winnable games left. 

Next weeks game is huge in terms of draft status. If the Jets lose to Tennessee then Tennessee beats JAX the week after I'm pretty sure the Jets would move up to #2 as long as they lose out.

No, we'd move up to #2 if TEN beats us, then JAX beats TEN. We need JAX to get a 3rd win because they have us beat on SOS.

its going to take a blockbuster trade for the Jets to land Mariota and I'm ok with trading this years and next years #1 pick for him

If we are 2 and they are 1, the 400 point trade value for that one slot is roughly a 2 and a 4..Even if they up the ante because it is a quarterback, a one spot tradeup is doable

Highlight of the 2014 Jets season hoping and anticipating the lowest draft pick possible. 

Thanks Woody,Idzik and Rex. 

Highest possible pick. And that happens for every team for every single season that they don't make the playoffs, it's just natural for fans to want what's best for their franchise. 

Highlight of the 2014 Jets season hoping and anticipating the lowest draft pick possible. 

Thanks Woody,Idzik and Rex. 

When your bad, it pays off to be really bad. 

Having the number 1 pick can't hurt when your looking at HC/GM candidates as well as the obvious Elite player that comes along with it.  All those Fluky wins did last year was make us lose out on a top 10 pick like Odell Beckham. Ohh and it got Rex another year. 

If we end up at 5, it may take more than just next years number 1 to move that far up.

this is going to be a multi-year rebuild thanks to Idzik essentially wasting 11 of 12 picks in 2014.   I have a feeling that we'll be picking in the top 5 in 2016 as well....no need to move up this year.   If anything, it makes sense to build ammunition and ensure the better of cook / hackenburg in 2016. 

If we end up at 5, it may take more than just next years number 1 to move that far up.

Hope out new FO catches Ebola n get involved in a car crash on their way to the draft IF they plan on moving up Redskins-esque. No player worth that top seed. Cooper at 5 would be just fine. Or trade back 5-7 spots n pick up another mid 2nd rounder.

Hope out new FO catches Ebola n get involved in a car crash on their way to the draft IF they plan on moving up Redskins-esque. No player worth that top seed. Cooper at 5 would be just fine. Or trade back 5-7 spots n pick up another mid 2nd rounder.

Agreed. I'd be ok with Mariotta, but he hasn't shown me enough in the pocket for me to extrapolate NFL success worthy of giving up multiple picks for him. If he falls in our lap great, but you can't trade up for him.. Sure he can be a Cam Newton/Kapernick type QB but neither of those guys are going to win you a super bowl without a ton of help on defense and if you are giving up picks to get him you making it harder to surround him with the talent he needs. 

In fact, i have seen far more pocket presence from Jameis.

I have a sneaking suspicion one of Jacksonville and Tennessee will have 3 wins when the season is all said and done.  But if they tie, do we move ahead of both of them?

No, all 3 of JAX, TEN, and TB would draft ahead of us due to strength of schedule, while we would draft ahead of Oakland (assuming everyone has the same record).

Right now we draft #4:

1-3: TB, TEN, JAX (not sure in what order)

4: NYJ

5: OAK

this is going to be a multi-year rebuild thanks to Idzik essentially wasting 11 of 12 picks in 2014.   I have a feeling that we'll be picking in the top 5 in 2016 as well....no need to move up this year.   If anything, it makes sense to build ammunition and ensure the better of cook / hackenburg in 2016.

Yeah we're screwed. Miami and Buf are both way more talented than we are now besides new England. Only way we can turn it around is trading for harbaugh, drafting a 1st rd qb and going on a spending spree in FA.

Get on that Randy Gregory train, people.

Would be a great pick. 

At this point, I'd be okay with drafting the highest rated OT.  

As good as Cooper might be, I'd be fine with drafting Dorial Green-Beckham at the top of the second, and assigning him a Dezian-type entourage to keep his nose clean.  

At this point, I'd be okay with drafting the highest rated OT.  

As good as Cooper might be, I'd be fine with drafting Dorial Green-Beckham at the top of the second, and assigning him a Dezian-type entourage to keep his nose clean.  

There is ZERO chance we don't draft a QB within the first two rounds. Also, there is no OT worth taking in the top five this season.

Archived