jets rank 32nd in punt returns/ McGaughy leaving

ebonix

.. McGaughey has only been with the Jets for less than a year but he may already be on his way out of New Jersey. The special teams coordinator confirmed to Fox 26 in Houston that he was very interested in applying for the vacant head coaching job at his alma mater following Houston's decision to fire Tony Levine:

Obviously, I'm very interested in the job," McGaughey said in an interview with FOX26 Sports. "Anytime you get a chance to come back and coach at your alma mater, and potentially be the head coach, it's a great opportunity. So I'm really excited about that opportunity if it comes about."

McGaughey played for Houston from 1991-1995 before becoming their special teamscoordinator and later their defensive backs coordinator. He left Houston to pursue his coaching career elsewhere,

The Jets rank 32nd in punt returns and 20th in kickoff returns this season. The coverage on kicks has been solid but a blocked punt against Detroit really cost the Jets. The Jets special teams has recently been given a boost with the addition of Percy Harvin and we saw how dangerous he could be on Sunday night in Minnesota as he had a couple of big returns.

I wonder if Rex knows who the special teams coach is.

ha ha , good one.  BTW--   I am always puzzled by these rumors that Rex will be a great TV personality.  I cant stand it

when he talks.  He stammers and fumbles and never says anything interesting.   Westoff is a much better personality and speaker.

ST's were a disaster before Westhoff arrived a million years ago, and went right back to being one once he left.  His final season was terrible but based on his resume I'm willing to write that one off as an aberration.

ha ha , good one.  BTW--   I am always puzzled by these rumors that Rex will be a great TV personality.  I cant stand it

when he talks.  He stammers and fumbles and never says anything interesting.   Westoff is a much better personality and speaker.

What's pretty funny is Mangini was great on TV. It's generally the guys you wouldnt expect. Rex being good on television will depend on him actually having an opinion(negative ones). We already have a Gruden in the booth.

What's pretty funny is Mangini was great on TV. It's generally the guys you wouldnt expect. Rex being good on television will depend on him actually having an opinion(negative ones). We already have a Gruden in the booth.

You don't like Gruden?  "Why, that is the old X-Y triple waggle, gravy-train masquerade!"  

The #5 pass defense in 2011 was an oopsy. 

You're only reinforcing my point, which was that defense has been the ONLY priority for 6 years... and even the pass defense took a backseat to the run D this year. When the focus is one-dimensional for 6 years, it should come as no surprise to anyone that the offense and now the specials have gone to sh*t.

Way over your head.

Yes. Also, all that has mattered for 6 years is run defense.

You're only reinforcing my point, which was that defense has been the ONLY priority for 6 years... and even the pass defense took a backseat to the run D this year. When the focus is one-dimensional for 6 years, it should come as no surprise to anyone that the offense and now the specials have gone to sh*t.

Way over your head.

Your point was the only thing that has mattered for six years was run defense.  Now I showed you that you were wrong... #1 pass defense in 2009,.. you change your tune and as always it is over everyone's head because you don't write what you mean. The pass defense took a backseat to run D this year because the GM provided 0 NFL CBs.  You can blame Rex for this team going in the toilet, but the idea that he does not care about pass D is moronic.  Still, you cling to that idea.   

Your point was the only thing that has mattered for six years was run defense.  Now I showed you that you were wrong... #1 pass defense in 2009,.. you change your tune and as always it is over everyone's head because you don't write what you mean. The pass defense took a backseat to run D this year because the GM provided 0 NFL CBs.  You can blame Rex for this team going in the toilet, but the idea that he does not care about pass D is moronic.  Still, you cling to that idea.   

You're smarter than this, stop. 

Nobody in their right mind would accuse Rex of not caring about any aspect of the D. The point is D is all he cares about... this is pretty well established, why does it need to be explained? Pointing out the defensive focus by referencing the run D leaves plenty of room for anyone with half a wit to extrapolate where I was going with the remark, while taking a shot at the run D being his badge of honor in post-loss press conferences.

Yes. Also, all that has mattered for 6 years is run defense.

You're smarter than this, stop. 

Nobody in their right mind would accuse Rex of not caring about any aspect of the D. The point is D is all he cares about... this is pretty well established, why does it need to be explained? Pointing out the defensive focus by referencing the run D leaves plenty of room for anyone with half a wit to extrapolate where I was going with the remark, while taking a shot at the run D being his badge of honor in post-loss press conferences.

If that is a fact, tell me am I lying? 

Neg rep away Ape. 

He will need to do some major sales job to get hired as an HC. He stinks at ST.

I tweeted to Chris Lopresti, the WFAN Jets beat report, this guy should get fired back during the Bills game when he had TJ Graham lay down in the end zone. Yesterday I get attacked on twitter by this clown's daughter because I called for his job. Its been that kind of season

Archived