Woody Johnson Press Conference today @ 11

neckdemon

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all the snarky comments about Woody, you're clueless.  He's knocking the

press conference out of the park today.  He's being open, honest and showing

a decent knowledge of football

in my case I'm just having fun with it. I am of the opinion that woody is doing the right things today. I am happy

I'm fine with that, that would essentially be a GM/HC.

I just dont trust this guy's judgement, he already said if he hires a GM, with GM's input HE will choose HC...Not good

Sounded to me like he was going to be hiring the HC, which is why I think he will go hard after a proven HC. Just a guess from reading between the lines.

For those wondering about hiring the coach, then the GM, it depends on the coach. If the coach wants total control of personnel decisions like a Parcells, then you need a lower tier GM. If the GM comes up first, then he will hire his own coach.

It really doesn't matter complaining about Woody. Hell, he's not even the worst owner in the city (Dolan, the Wilpons)

The Dolan gang at lest has entrusted his franchises to experienced competent GMs, and Vignault might be the best coach working In NY right now.

I get the feeling Woody may act fast on a proven HC.

interesting....i get a totally different sense. 

From watching the press conference I walk away with 2 ideas that are at opposite ends of the spectrum: 

1 - woody really likes the "bellichek" approach to team management.   this is why he was so enamored with mangini.  

2 - woody needs to feel important so it's going to be difficult to get a 'type-a' micro-manager from #1 above. 

Given #1 above I could really see Woody taking a run at Saban.   His season likely won't be over until mid-January but I could see Wolf / Casserly putting out feeler to his agent.  

Of note Sexton is the agent for Saban, Malzahn, and Mora so there could be some truth to last weekends rumor.

yeah that left me feeling like woody knows what has to be done and what the problems with rex and idzik were. with casserly and wolf leading this search I think we are in good hands for the future

Combine this Presser, with real solid veteran front office guys like Wolf and Casserly as Woody's advisors, and we're in as good as shape (Rebuild wise) as we can hope at this VERY early moment.

Archived