Jets request interview with Seattle DC Dan Quinn

Morrissey

Don't know much about him, but in the few Seahawks games I've watched, they use the same defense on almost every snap and make the opposition beat a field of physical freaks. How can you grade the coaching?

Quinn supplies the steroids to guys like Brandon Browner.  Gotta give him credit for that.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would take Tebow over Geno/Vick/Chez

I would take Ryan Leaf fresh off a 48hour crystal meth bender over Michael the Dog Killer Vick.

Dumbest signing ever.  I'm still astonished by a) the fact that the Jets made the move and B) the fact that most Jets fans actually liked the move.

Worth a look. He has been running the best defense in the league for a few years. He also done it with mostly mid-round talents. Imagine what he could do with one of the best d-lines in football. He needs to have a solid offensive coordinator in mind and have a good offensive philosophy also

Mid-round talent? Just because they were drafted in the later rounds of the draft, doesn't make them mid-round talent.

WHAAAT?!?!?!? I didn't hear the press conference but did he really say that? What's the point of hiring a GM if we're going to force a HC on him? What the heck kind of advice are Wolf/Casserly giving to Woody? Or maybe he's just ignoring it?

This week will be their only chance to interview him until Seattle's season ends. Which in their case may be a while.

They probably want to see if he's worth waiting for.

Plus if they hire the personnel guy from Seattle, he should already have an idea of what Quinn is all about.

This week will be their only chance to interview him until Seattle's season ends. Which in their case may be a while.

They probably want to see if he's worth waiting for.

Plus if they hire the personnel guy from Seattle, he should already have an idea of what Quinn is all about.

@RapSheet: Who is #Seahawks exec Trent Kirchner, who the #Jets want to speak with? Not John Idzik at all. This guy, though http://t.co/eJjUfaR9Ax

Don't know much about him, but in the few Seahawks games I've watched, they use the same defense on almost every snap and make the opposition beat a field of physical freaks. How can you grade the coaching?

So true. Those guys are freaks. Who's the guy evaluating and picking these guys. THAT'S the guy I want to hire.

Why are people flipping out over this interview? You interview the guy now, hopefully if you like him, by the time he is available again you have a GM in place to speak to him and maybe make an offer.

No matter what the jets say, they are not hiring a coach before GM, watch the presser again and read between the lines folks.

Why are people flipping out over this interview? You interview the guy now, hopefully if you like him, by the time he is available again you have a GM in place to speak to him and maybe make an offer.

No matter what the jets say, they are not hiring a coach before GM, watch the presser again and read between the lines folks.

I agree. Woody is just a weird little guy. The GM is hiring the Coach people. Woody was just saying all that stuff b/c they were still placing calls to Harbaugh. Jet's next move is to hire a GM.  

I agree. Woody is just a weird little guy. The GM is hiring the Coach people. Woody was just saying all that stuff b/c they were still placing calls to Harbaugh. Jet's next move is to hire a GM.

He went on and on about synergy at the presser, hiring a coach before the GM is the complete opposite.

Was this guy not available last time? Seattle gave us an HR bitch and we fell for it.

I think at the time he was 2 years removed from being just a scout with Carolina (not even their head scout).

Two years as Schneider's assistant's assistant doesn't make him ready to be a full GM. 

Now he's been Schneider's assistant (Director of Pro Personnel) for the past 2 years instead of assisting the prior Director. 

This is funny. Just found an older article from when he was promoted to his prior superior's position. Here's the new job title for that then-pro personnel director:

"Tag Ribary goes from pro personnel director to overseeing team security, football video, facility and equipment departments"

Ribary's new (and current) position doesn't sound like a promotion to me.

I think at the time he was 2 years removed from being just a scout with Carolina (not even their head scout).

Two years as Schneider's assistant's assistant doesn't make him ready to be a full GM. 

Now he's been Schneider's assistant (Director of Pro Personnel) for the past 2 years instead of assisting the prior Director. 

This is funny. Just found an older article from when he was promoted to his prior superior's position. Here's the new job title for that then-pro personnel director:

"Tag Ribary goes from pro personnel director to overseeing team security, football video, facility and equipment departments"

Ribary's new (and current) position doesn't sound like a promotion to me.

Yeah, you gotta be careful with these guys...just because they're coming from a good team doesnt make them a good candidate(duh)...but from what it seems, Carroll runs the show over there.

Yeah, you gotta be careful with these guys...just because they're coming from a good team doesnt make them a good candidate(duh)...but from what it seems, Carroll runs the show over there.

Maybe. Schneider wasn't NFL royalty heading into his current position as GM, but he wasn't a nobody either. He was totally qualified for the position.

Most likely they work together as a GM and HC should.

Archived