Doug Marrone stormed out of room after Bills traded for Sammy Watkins

Blackout

It's brings back memories of Ken Sims,Chad Jackson,Chung,Bethel Johnson,Hart Lee Dykes,Chris Canty to name a few.. :animal0029:

3 Super Bowl titles, 7 Conference titles, 18 division titles and the winningest team in the NFL over the last 15 years.

How do the Jets match up?

3 Super Bowl titles, 7 Conference titles, 18 division titles and the winningest team in the NFL over the last 15 years.

How have the last 10 years been?  What no more super bowls since 2005?  Only 3 super bowl titles in 55 years?

How have the last 10 years been?  What no more super bowls since 2005?  Only 3 super bowl titles in 55 years?

patriot fans seemingly forget they were ass for their first 40 years of existence and were participants in the most embarrassing superbowl of the 20th century

So you know the Bills would have taken Odell Beckham at 9 

Herp.

Great

Thread number 15 on Marrone, three of which already covering this news scoop

Derp.

nobody put a gun to your head and said you had to read it breh

Point: Blackout

I stormed out of my living room when I had learned Rex had drafted Scotty McKnight and Taj Boyd and the Boar Hunter.

Me too. The worst was Eric Smith though... I waited through all of 3 rounds and that was teh pick. I was at a family function watching in the basement, and was so pissed I came up the stairs I must've been full on Hulk smash because my wife just looked at me and said, "Oh no, what'd they screw up this time?"

Are you aware that your new pal SOJfan is the former bigdanNJ, a huge Giant fan trolling here because he hates the Jets??

I find it funny how you keep calling me a giants fan,  ive only been going to jets games since 1983.  I keep spending  $5500 a year on tix to a team I love .  just because I am not happy to where this franchise is heading,  doesn't make me no a fan.  I just dodnt drink the jets koolaid.  I stopped yrs ago..  get over it

not a single fan base on planet earth respects or agrees with any of that.  none of you chowds have the balls to accept my challenge to prove that

do you ?

How have the last 10 years been?

This is pretty funny.

According to Jets fans, if the Pats don't win the Super Bowl every single year, they are complete failures.

But on the other hand, if the Jets back into the playoffs as the 6th seed every 5 or 6 years, Jets fans mess their pants with excitement.

And to answer your question, in the last 10 years, no team has won more regular season or playoff games than the Pats.

patriot fans seemingly forget they were ass for their first 40 years of existence and were participants in the most embarrassing superbowl of the 20th century

I know a lot of Mass people - they love to brag about the patriots to the point where they want to get in your face, point, and laugh.  They are really horrible winners if that is what you want to call them.  most of them are fair weather fans and are pretty quiet about sports when their teams are losing. man but when their team is winning they are pretty much unbearable.  They go out of their way to find fans of other teams because it is not good enough to just enjoy the win they luv to see the suffering on the other side.

I suppose it all boils down to the miserable weather up there, their alcohol abuse problems, and their weight issues (have you ever eaten up there - they bring out a trough just for appetizers - 1 person meal could feed a family of 10 in Bangladesh for a month).

This is pretty funny.

According to Jets fans, if the Pats don't win the Super Bowl every single year, they are complete failures.

But on the other hand, if the Jets back into the playoffs as the 6th seed every 5 or 6 years, Jets fans mess their pants with excitement.

And to answer your question, in the last 10 years, no team has won more regular season or playoff games than the Pats.

Wow. I'm in awe.

This is pretty funny.

Only problem with that...

The Pats have never won ONE legitimate Superbowl untainted by cheating in their entire 55 year history. It's just as bad as Miami wasting their elite QB for 17 years without winning it all

Only problem with that...

The Pats have never won ONE legitimate Superbowl untainted by cheating in their entire 55 year history. It's just as bad as Miami wasting their elite QB for 17 years without winning it all

It's going to be sweet when Tommy hangs em up.  Father Time always wins out in the end.  But first thing's first: I am looking forward to that Ravens front seven feasting on Tommy.

It's going to be sweet when Tommy hangs em up. Father Time always wins out in the end. But first thing's first: I am looking forward to that Ravens front seven feasting on Tommy.

Tammy getting her UGGs knocked off by the Ravens will be great fun, but the Jimmies Crappola error promises to be a long term laff riot

Manuel one year and a king's ransom for Watkins year two.  I run out of the room screaming too.  Why would you want to work for such an  eminently fleecable GM?

What makes it even worse is the fact I'm pretty sure they may have been able to get Manuel in the 2nd round that year. If I remember, he was projected to go in the 2nd.

The Watkins thing is also stupid. With the crop of WRs coming out, why wouldn't you just sit back and grab one at 9? OBJ would've been there and Mike Evans would've been there. Both of them had outstanding rookie campaigns. I understand the notion of if you have your guy then you should do what you can to get him but to give up a future 1st when you can get great value at the position by staying where you are is just not a smart way to build a football team imho.

What makes it even worse is the fact I'm pretty sure they may have been able to get Manuel in the 2nd round that year. If I remember, he was projected to go in the 2nd.

The Watkins thing is also stupid. With the crop of WRs coming out, why wouldn't you just sit back and grab one at 9? OBJ would've been there and Mike Evans would've been there. Both of them had outstanding rookie campaigns. I understand the notion of if you have your guy then you should do what you can to get him but to give up a future 1st when you can get great value at the position by staying where you are is just not a smart way to build a football team imho.

It could have been worse... could have traded up to #7 for Jon Cooper...Sammie has been a disappointment

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/buffalo-bills-coach-quit-nowhere-182825013.html

One of the oddest stories of the NFL offseason is what's going on in Buffalo, where Bills coach Doug Marrone abruptly opted out of his contract after Week 17.

Marrone led the Bills to a 9-7 record in 2014, the franchise's first winning season in 10 years. Then he quit.

What gives?

According to widespread reports, there was growing tension between Marrone and general manger Doug Whaley, and that's why he walked away.

Tim Graham of the Buffalo News reports that Marrone's relationship with Whaley " had fallen apart ," and that the coach made one final play for more personnel control before opting out.

ESPN's Adam Schefter gives a good example of why Marrone was so frustrated with his lack of personnel power.  According to Schefter, Marrone stormed out of the room after the team made the Sammy Watkins trade during the 2014 draft:

Marrone was not in favor of Buffalo surrendering a future first-round pick to the Cleveland Browns in a trade that did not involve a quarterback, sources said.

There are different accounts of exactly how unhappy Marrone was, with some sources recalling he stormed out of the room, and other sources simply saying he walked out of the room.

The Bills traded the No. 9 pick, a 2015 1st-round pick, and a 2015 4th-round pick to the Cleveland Browns for the No. 4 pick. They drafted Watkins at No. 4, but they paid a heavy price.

In retrospect, Marrone was right. The 2014 draft turned out to be one of the best wide receiver drafts ever. If they Bills stayed at No. 9, they could have taken Odell Beckham Jr. (who ultimately had a better season than Watkins) and kept their 2015 1st-rounder.

Marrone, who will still get paid the $4 million the Bills owe him in 2015, is now considered a candidate for the New York Jets job.

I would have loved to have seen Marrone's reaction if they picked Stephen Hill over Alshon Jeffry. 

Without taking sides, I have to say I have NEVER seen such a concerted effort by some members of the media to completely smear the reputation of a head coach candidate. This campaign has taken on a life of its own. I would love to know who is behind it (and I will resist the urge to speculate).

Manuel one year and a king's ransom for Watkins year two.  I run out of the room screaming too.  Why would you want to work for such an  eminently fleecable GM?

The Manuel selection was insane. He was average to below average in College. Jimbo Fisher practically forced EJ Manuel to leave early because he wanted to go with Jameis Winston. Granted, Winston is a far better prospect, but you would NEVER see a college head coach force a potential franchise NFL QB leave early unless he didn't think much of Manuel himself. The Bills are a trainwreck and Marrone was not a part of that trainwreck. 

Not suggesting that Marrone is a stud Head Coach candidate, but he is as proven as any of the other guys out there. 

Without taking sides, I have to say I have NEVER seen such a concerted effort by some members of the media to completely smear the reputation of a head coach candidate. This campaign has taken on a life of its own. I would love to know who is behind it (and I will resist the urge to speculate).

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHO THE JETS HIRE AS HEAD COACH.

The Manuel selection was insane. He was average to below average in College. Jimbo Fisher practically forced EJ Manuel to leave early because he wanted to go with Jameis Winston. Granted, Winston is a far better prospect, but you would NEVER see a college head coach force a potential franchise NFL QB leave early unless he didn't think much of Manuel himself. The Bills are a trainwreck and Marrone was not a part of that trainwreck. 

Not suggesting that Marrone is a stud Head Coach candidate, but he is as proven as any of the other guys out there. 

Of course, Tom Brady couldn't even get his coach to start him full time. Stuff like this is a silly way to evaluate QBs.

Archived