Jets Still in the Running For Scot McCloughan

Jack Straw

I have a soft spot in my heart for alcoholics everywhere -like T0m- but this is a guy who was let go by San Fran because of his drinking, and then quit Seattle because of his drinking. I'm not sure I rush to give him complete control. 

He's absolutely someone I'd want to get in for an interview, though. 

we need someone who's not sober to deal with the Jets issues.

Is RG111 a franchise QB? I would say the jury is still out on that.

The jury is definitely still out on him.....otherwise there wouldn't be any talk whatsoever of him possibly being available.

I still can't see Snyder getting rid of him......not yet at least with what he gave up for him and how young he is, and I'm sure he wouldn't hire a GM that would want to trade him this early into his career.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I still want Kirchner and Quinn as a tandem. They already work together, so they will be on the same page. More importantly, they come from a real winning culture, and will bring that winning culture with them to the Jets. 

Lets face facts, the Jets have really never had a winning culture in the organization. 

@MarkMaske: The Fritz Pollard Alliance says it has filed a complaint with the NFL over the Redskins' GM search... http://t.co/TZ4juaRINb

@MarkMaske: Complaint by Fritz Pollard Alliance says the Redskins did not notify the league as required they were interviewing Rod Graves on Monday.

@MarkMaske: John Wooten of Fritz Pollard Alliance said: “We feel this was not a mistake. We feel this was intentional."

@MarkMaske: John Wooten said the Redskins asked the Jets for permission to interview Graves but did not file the request with the league, as required.

@MarkMaske: Wooten said Fritz Pollard Alliance believes Redskins violated NFL's tampering rules and spirit but not letter of Rooney Rule.

@MarkMaske: Wooten said Fritz Pollard Alliance will leave any disciplinary action against Redskins up to NFL.

@MarkMaske: The Fritz Pollard Alliance says it has filed a complaint with the NFL over the Redskins' GM search... http://t.co/TZ4juaRINb

@MarkMaske: Complaint by Fritz Pollard Alliance says the Redskins did not notify the league as required they were interviewing Rod Graves on Monday.

@MarkMaske: John Wooten of Fritz Pollard Alliance said: “We feel this was not a mistake. We feel this was intentional."

@MarkMaske: John Wooten said the Redskins asked the Jets for permission to interview Graves but did not file the request with the league, as required.

@MarkMaske: Wooten said Fritz Pollard Alliance believes Redskins violated NFL's tampering rules and spirit but not letter of Rooney Rule.

@MarkMaske: Wooten said Fritz Pollard Alliance will leave any disciplinary action against Redskins up to NFL.

It's an interesting thing what happens when you interview a Rooney Rule candidate from the team who you just stole a favorite candidate from.

I don't disagree it's definitely close between them.  I wouldn't hand him the job but would be worth bringing in to compete for the job.  With Gruden basically bashing him every chance he gets a change of scenery might help as well.

Gruden has turned out to be a horrible coach. How do you bash a young guy like that in the press. Shannahan ruined the kid trotting him back out there on only 1 good leg.

Shanny almost got the kid killed. The owner chose the QB over the megalomaniac coach!

Football coaches have been getting kids killed forever.  Nature of the game.  Griffin cracked.  I don't want him, but I'd certainly rather pay his $3M than $5M to Vick.  Name a successful coach that is not a megalomaniac.

Mike Smith, Ron Rivera, Jason Garrett, Bruce Arians, Jack Del Rio and the guy from the Colts.

Football coaches have been getting kids killed forever. Nature of the game. Griffin cracked. I don't want him, but I'd certainly rather pay his $3M than $5M to Vick. Name a successful coach that is not a megalomaniac.

according to rotoworld, Mcloughan deal done as of 5pm, signed a 4 yr deal.

10305.jpg

Redskins hired Scot McCloughan as their general manager.

He inked a four-year contract, just as it was reported Tuesday. McCloughan built the 49ers teams that recently came to life under coach Jim Harbaugh and had a big-time helping hand in shaping the current Seahawks dynasty. It's a big get for the Redskins, as McCloughan will have final say over the 53-man roster. It sounds great, but Dan Snyder still owns the team and McCloughan reports to GM-turned-president Bruce Allen. As long as they let McCloughan do his job, they should see results. Keeping Snyder out of personnel decisions is easier said than done.

Daniel Synder wins the offseason again.

I am not knocking the guy they hired but he has battled some demons. Not sure that NY is the best market to go to when that is the case.  

I wish him luck in his battle with substance abuse, and luck in his gig. May he always acquire players slightly less awesome than those who become Jets.

according to rotoworld, Mcloughan deal done as of 5pm, signed a 4 yr deal.

10305.jpg

Redskins hired Scot McCloughan as their general manager.

He inked a four-year contract, just as it was reported Tuesday. McCloughan built the 49ers teams that recently came to life under coach Jim Harbaugh and had a big-time helping hand in shaping the current Seahawks dynasty. It's a big get for the Redskins, as McCloughan will have final say over the 53-man roster. It sounds great, but Dan Snyder still owns the team and McCloughan reports to GM-turned-president Bruce Allen. As long as they let McCloughan do his job, they should see results. Keeping Snyder out of personnel decisions is easier said than done.

Scot McCloughan | Guard
Team:  Washington Redskins

Archived