Who follows Bowles to the Jets?

CanadaSteve

There is always a player or two that follows a new head coach to his new team.

Who might that be in Arizona?

Here are their current free agents

CB Antonio Cromartie

OLB John Abraham

DT Dan Williams

ILB Larry Foote

DT Tommy Kelly

OLB Marcus Benard

OLB Sam Acho

DT Alameda Ta'amu

LS Mike Leach

G Paul Fanaika

RB Jonathan Dwyer

TE Rob Housler

QB Ryan Lindley

LT Bradley Sowell

It is also of note that Arizona has one of the WORST cap situations for next season.  They are roughly $10 million over without signing any of these players.  They have to restructure Larry Fitzgerald ($23 million).  He will NOT see an $8 million roster bonus, nor will Carson Palmer ($14.5 million with $9.5 million roster bonus).

Players who could see themselves released for salary relief:

DE Darnell Dockett

CB Jerraud Powers

C Lyle Sendlein

QB Drew Stanton

WR Ted Ginn

DE Matt Shaughnessy

While it is obvious not all these guys would be released, they are the only feasible ones that can be that will offer sizeable cap savings without huge dead-money hits.

The crazy thought is that even with Arizona in such a bad cap space, the Saints are WAY worse.

Out of their top 15 salaries, they only have one player who could be released that would save more money than cause more dead money.  That is Cameron Jordan.  None of his $6 million is guaranteed next year.  That is not happening though.

Also worth discussing who Maccagnan will pluck away from Houston.  Kareem Jackson, Brooks Reed, Kendrick Lewis, Ryan Mallett & Ryan Fitzpatrick all possibilities to keep in mind.

YES!!!  This must also be taken into consideration.

And Maccagnan will get to poach first, because he will want his guys first, then listen to his coach about who Bowles wants.

First off, Houston only has about $6 million in cap space. You first have the Andre Johnson situation, which can help and hurt them (large cap savings, but large dead money).  Jonathan Joseph was always a guy I wanted, and he alone could save them $8.5 million, with a smaller dead money hit ($3 million)

Where it does get interesting is there FA:

CB Kareem Jackson

OLB Brooks Read

QB Ryan Mallet

QB Case Keenum

S Danieal Manning

S Kendrick Lewis

They even have depth DE's like Tim Jamison and a former 1st rounder in Ryan Pickett.  If he wanted to move someone like Coples (he has no allegiance to him) and try and pick up a later pick, you could see something like this play out.

Other than Cro and Acho, I wouldn't mind Ted Ginn Jr if he is cut and we don't keep Harvin. I'm tired of seeing Jets kick and punt returners unable to cleanly field a kick and make a play, and Ginn would bring sure hands and play making ability to Special Teams for the first time since Brad Smith (although McKnight had a couple moments).

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Archived