Report: NFL investigating whether Patriots purposely deflated footballs during win over Colts

CM28

I say make the Colts and Packers play this Sunday (erase the pro bowl) for the right to play in the Superbowl next week

Pats lose entire draft next year and aren't playoff eligible :)

That's ridiculous. Colts already played. Simply disqualify the cheats and send Indy to the SB. 

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, it's necro time.

You guys are just hilarious.

It's great to see that you're now talkin about deflated balls with the rest of the haters. I love it.

Why would it bother me that people who can't even defend their own arguments accuse us of cheating?

You're just mad about our dominance and try to find tin foil hat conspiracy theories to justify it.

As far as I'm concerned it's great and hilarious and I look forward to watching people cry after every single game.

Legal formations are cheating, a ball that was low on air is taken out of the game and replaced and now that's Deflategate, etc etc.

Keep it coming man. I love it.

Klecko

You cry wolf after EVERY single Pats game. After a certain point it just gets laughable

Oh, and incase you geniuses didn't know (not that you honestly care), ALL the balls are provided to the officials BEFORE the game, with pressure gauges. They are then KEPT by the referees and given to the ball attendent at the start of the game.

I know you think Belichick just keeps all of them in his hoodie and the referees ask him for one every time they need, but that isn't how it works.

Cry some more, your tears taste delicious.

I'm starting to think your brains are deflated.

Yeah you're right. Belichick actually keeps all the balls in his torn sleeves and deflates them as needed during the game when nobody is looking.

We're taping all your signals and taking air out of footballs. That's why the Patriots win football games.

Yeah, it's so weird that Kravitz is from Indianapolis and not a Jets fan.

Jets fans, Indy fans, Steeler fans. It's all the same whining, just different color jersey

Those talking about the finale score are missing the entire point!!

Does anyone in their right mind think for a minute that the Pats were only doing this to the Colts?

What about the Ravens?

Don't you think that the Pats wee cheating with them when they KNEW that the Ravens had historically had their number?

Or what about the games during the season the won close games at home!  This is a joke and the writers like Lupica and so on who defend this are beyond contemptible in this regard!

Goodell has to ban Belichick from the game, right? You can't suspend Payton for the season after Bountygate and then let Belichick get on the field after this sh*t.

Agreed , it's almost impossible to not suspend him right ? Apparently Goodells main reason for coming down on the saints so hard was because he warned them to stop and they didn't listen...well isn't this the same ? I understand the NFL can get away with almost anything but how do you sell that to the public ?

Those talking about the finale score are missing the entire point!!

Does anyone in their right mind think for a minute that the Pats were only doing this to the Colts?

What about the Ravens?

Don't you think that the Pats wee cheating with them when they KNEW that the Ravens had historically had their number?

Or what about the games during the season the won close games at home!  This is a joke and the writers like Lupica and so on who defend this are beyond contemptible in this regard!

Peter King is going to have to earn his paycheck this week.

deflated footballs for the colts though!? The colts...i could understand the ravens or even the seahawks, but the Colts! ha ha

BB given no ****s.....this shall be interesting, heard the NFL is pist....ha ha belichick is a wild boy..ha ha

Is this what gurgling your own jizz sounds like when typed out?

Remember the long delay at the beginning of the 3rd Quarter by the refs (after 2nd half kickoff) for switching the ball for the Patriots at the 20 yard line? I guarantee it had something to do with cheating and not cause of the K ball.   Since Phil Simms said it was because of the K ball that pretty much guarantees it was not, cause we all know the idiot Phil Simms is only right about 11% of the time, that is why he wore #11.

Just curious-why is a forfeit out of the question?  Why wouldn't Goodell simply say the Patriots forfeited the game by purposeful and repeated cheating, (11 out of 12 footballs), and send the Colts to the Super Bowl?

It isn't out of the question. He could if he thought it was appropriate:

Section 2 Extraordinarily Unfair Acts 

COMMISSIONER AUTHORITY 

Article 1 The Commissioner has the sole authority to investigate and take appropriate disciplinary and/or corrective measures if any club action, non-participant interference, or calamity occurs in an NFL game which he deems so extraordinarily unfair or outside the accepted tactics encountered in professional football that such action has a major effect on the result of the game. 

NO CLUB PROTESTS 

Article 2 The authority and measures provided for in this entire Section 2 do not constitute a protest machinery for NFL clubs to avail themselves of in the event a dispute arises over the result of a game. The investigation called for in this Section 2 will be conducted solely on the Commissioner’s initiative to review an act or occurrence that he deems so extraordinary or unfair that the result of the game in question would be inequitable to one of the participating teams. The Commissioner will not apply his authority in cases of complaints by clubs concerning judgmental errors or routine errors of omission by game officials. Games involving such complaints will continue to stand as completed. 

PENALTIES FOR UNFAIR ACTS 

Article 3 The Commissioner’s powers under this Section 2 include the imposition of monetary fines and draft-choice forfeitures, suspension of persons involved in unfair acts, and, if appropriate, the reversal of a game’s result or the rescheduling of a game, either from the beginning or from the point at which the extraordinary act occurred. In the event of rescheduling a game, the Commissioner will be guided by the procedures specified in Rule 17, Section 1, Articles 5 through 11, above. In all cases, the Commissioner will conduct a full investigation, including the opportunity for hearings, use of game videotape, and any other procedure he deems appropriate.

This is just getting sad, really. Belicheat and the Pats by the time his reign is over will have more asterisks than we've ever seen anybody use at once, in a word or sentence. He, they will forever be known as the biggest cheaters in sports history, the biggest scumbag in sports history. All their rings really have no meaning at this point anymore, God knows what they did the league wasn't able to uncover during those super bowl wins.

Which brings me to the Seahawks... :-k

Millions of dollars are at stake. 

How?  Would they have to refund the money to the crowd who paid to watch or to the TV networks?  Doubtful, they didn't do that with colleges that forfeited games after they were played.  The Colts can't be out of shape after being off for 4 days.  Plenty of time to plan, plenty of time to rectify.  And the league will boost its prestige by showing that it means business about sticking to the rules.

cheating is cheating right? If the shoe was on the other foot, i'm almost positive all rival fans would not say different. Even though "spygate" had been addressed by multiple credited sources....of course rival fans act like the patriots murder people.....so

like i said before it's all subjective in the eyes of the fans. You hate a team, then no matter what in your eyes they will always be the worse.

so i just take all this stuff with a grain of salt. If you honestly think other sports teams aren't "cheating" or trying to gain some competitive edge you would honestly be a fool.

major sports is a game of chess not checkers. They care only about their bottom line. Fans matter only in dollar signs. Trust.

Ray Rice and A.Peterson is a prefect example. Nothing was really done until the threat of losing money for the NFL came into play.

So what you're trying to say is that it doesn't matter that it was one person acting alone on a single play, Sal Alosi trip = SpyGate, DeflateGate? That, because I'm a jets fan I'm bias, but someone without a horse in the race would equate what Sal Alosi did to what the Patriot organization has done? Ever think that your perspective is skewed because you're a Patriot fan and in your eyes the Patriots can do no wrong? To the point that you're trying to justify the Patriots cheating in the playoffs with "Football is chess not checkers" and "everyone does it". Your argument overall is pretty weak, and I'm not saying that just because I'm a Jets fan.

There are many pages of comments and I didn't read them all so maybe this has already been asked.  But why is anyone other than the refs allowed to have possession of the any football that could potentially be used (other than the actual game ball, of course)?

Archived