Pettine up to his old tricks?

AFJF

Looks like La Canfora wrote an article based on a "source" with the Browns who told him how unhappy everyone in the building is, and about the tension between Pettine and GM.  The source told La Canfora that the GM is trying to coach the team and get  involved in play calling as well.

First round pick QB in rehab and stud WR suspended for more substance abuse program violations.

Derpsciplinarian!

Nowhere in the article does it implicate Pettine.

No, it doesn't does it?  It talks about how the owner is crazy and the GM wants to call the plays.  Pettine comes out looking squeaky clean...how odd.

People are unhappy in Cleveland?  I am shocked!

Article is not that coherent.

The coach's handpicked quarterback, Johnny Manziel, is in rehab

friction growing between Farmer and rookie head coach Mike Pettine throughout the 2014 season. It became clear that the front office wanted Manziel -- the owner's boy -- playing sooner and put pressure on the staff to make the change from Brian Hoyer.

Manziel's rookie season could not have been more disappointing -- to the point where now Haslam is plotting trading up to draft Marcus Mariota this spring, sources said -- and Manziel's presence in Cleveland is born of Haslam, sources said. The owner wanted to make a splash, add some pop to his franchise, sell some tickets and jerseys. "That was a business decision," said one source with direct knowledge of the situation. "That's on the owner."

Pettine was largely a non-factor in the quarterback-drafting decision,

I assume the first one is a typo?  Who is he blaming?  The coaches?  The GM?  The owner?  D. All of the above?

Here's the link to the article:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25038103/browns-mess-with-gordon-manziel-starts-with-owner-haslams-mismanagement

Unreal!!!  It seems like circus-like controversy always follows Ryan and his "tree"

Wow some people will use any excuse to take a shot at Ryan. How does this reflect on Rex? If anything Pettine was making veiled comments about Rex during his first year and when he left the Jets organization the cancer went with him 

And since when does Rex have a 'tree'?

People are unhappy in Cleveland?  I am shocked!

Article is not that coherent.

I assume the first one is a typo?  Who is he blaming?  The coaches?  The GM?  The owner?  D. All of the above?

Maybe that is why nobody wants to coach the Browns and they have such trouble attracting and keeping personnel 

The horror of it all is that Pettine is a much better coach and less of a bullsh*tter than Sexy Rexy.

Is he?

I'm pretty sure he's done nothing to suggest he's better than Rex at anything. 

His team fell apart and lost their last 5 games after being in a tie for first place. 

That's really unimpressive. 

Is he?

His team fell apart and lost their last 5 games after being in a tie for first place.

I think being in first place for more than one week automatically makes him better than Rex.

Is he?

Collison low crossers painted a pretty good picture of the situation.

The Browns were actually competitive for most of last year.  The vaunted Rex lead Jets were done after about 7 games.

The Browns were actually competitive for most of last year.  The vaunted Rex lead Jets were done after about 7 games.

????

When exactly were the Jets "vaunted" last season. 

No one was really expecting anything better than 8 wins. Most were expecting worse due to the talent level on the team. 

The Browns had much better talent than the Jets at just about every position. 

Yeah, I heard Pettine's roommate did a hell of a job with that book.

Yeah, I heard Pettine's roommate did a hell of a job with that book.

I don't doubt the veraticty of anything in that book at all.  The pieces fit and all other behavior of the head coach fits the profile painted of him.  The behavior continues in Buffalo.

From reading Collision Low Crossers I got a pretty good impression of Pettine, one which I did not have earlier from reading the likes of Mehta and Cimini, etc.  He was certainly upset with Rex's special treatment of the incompetent Weeks and also Rex's stupid draft picks, which he believed should have gone to guys who had earned the right to be picked in college.  He seems like a square guy.

From reading Collision Low Crossers I got a pretty good impression of Pettine, one which I did not have earlier from reading the likes of Mehta and Cimini, etc.  He was certainly upset with Rex's special treatment of the incompetent Weeks and also Rex's stupid draft picks, which he believed should have gone to guys who had earned the right to be picked in college.  He seems like a square guy.

Yeah, and now that he's in Rex's chair, he started a QB who he knew didn't deserve it in Manziel.  I guess now that he's in charge he doesn't feel like players have to earn anything anymore.

Yeah, and now that he's in Rex's chair, he started a QB who he knew didn't deserve it in Manziel.  I guess now that he's in charge he doesn't feel like players have to earn anything anymore.

The fact that Hoyer was hurt and also stunk at times last year had nothing to do with starting manzel i'm sure.  Also actually making a Qb change is a whole other world than Rex's world.

The fact that Hoyer was hurt and also stunk at times last year had nothing to do with starting manzel i'm sure.  Also actually making a Qb change is a whole other world than Rex's world.

Agreed..Hoyer was playing poorly.  Manziel on the other  hand, looked completely lost.  Actually made Hoyer look like a pretty good QB.

that might not have been his call. how can you be sure. some teams the GM is the law.

Yeah, and now that he's in Rex's chair, he started a QB who he knew didn't deserve it in Manziel. I guess now that he's in charge he doesn't feel like players have to earn anything anymore.

Pettine will be on Rex's level when he gets a Manziel tattoo and names Josh Gordon Team Captain.

Archived