Manning not wanted back by Broncos???

Scott Dierking

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you serious? Peyton is a regular season hero and post season zero (9 one and dones!). Not to mention that he is one hit away from being paralyzed.

Please tell me you were being sarcastic.

he has a superbowl win and didn't cheat to get it like the Patriots 

Are you serious? Peyton is a regular season hero and post season zero (9 one and dones!). Not to mention that he is one hit away from being paralyzed.

If the Jets had a QB that had that exact stat line, they would win the Super Bowl.

Manning doesn't cheat so factor that into his stats as well. :)

Payton Manning will an unanimous selection to the NFL's all-time Compiler Team.

The guy only has 1 Super Bowl ring and a career losing record in the playoffs.

I laugh when people say he is a top 3 all-time QB.

If only he had belicheat as his coach

//lol

It is a good thread, I am very certain about that!

I would love for the Jets to have a QB that threw for 4,727 yards with 37 TDs and 15 INTs and have the team be like...yeah we aren't sure what we want to do here. LOL.

He is 38. but he isn't 44. Cmon there is no decision, he hurt his leg, he would come into camp 100%. The Broncos are crazy if they don't bring him back.

Elway is tempted by the extra $19 mil in cap room. That would help them lock up both Demariyus and Julius without having to cut anyone. You don't need a great qb to be successful with that roster Tim friggin Tebow went to the playoffs with that supporting cast.

I think your implying if Manning is available we should sign him. I agree. Biggest mistake the jets made in recent years that nobody talks about was not bringing Favre back for 1 more season in 2009. We probably win the Super Bowl that year with Rex's defense and Favre leading the offense.

If Chaddy cakes wanted to make a come back Joe Willy would cream his shorts.. :winking0001:

You slipping a little bit as you get older?

I tossed you a hanging curve ball and you took it for a strike.

I posted: "Payton Manning will an unanimous selection to the NFL's all-time Compiler Team".

I expected a response somewhere along the lines of: "Well, all he has to do is hand the ball off to CuMar."

Ok Geno Smith or Peyton Manning? Duh who do you think is better not that Manning is ever coming to New York

If the money is in NY he is coming. Manning wants a second career as a businessman and you need money to make money. Peyton has already made money but he's made chump change compared to what lesser players have gotten in the MLB and NBA.

If the money is in NY he is coming. Manning wants a second career as a businessman and you need money to make money. Peyton has already made money but he's made chump change compared to what lesser players have gotten in the MLB and NBA.

Nothing can be farther from the truth:

June 17, 2014, 10:54 am
Peyton Manning moves up to No. 5 on list of highest-paid athletes

The Denver Post

Peyton Manning has already showed the NFL’s young stars how it’s done on the field. Now he’s showing them how it’s done off the field.

The Broncos 38-year-old star quarterback capped his record-setting season by moving up three spots to No. 5 among American athletes on The Fortunate 50, the annual rankings by Sports Illustrated and Fortune of the highest-paid athletes.

Manning reportedly pulled in $12.5 million in endorsements from companies like Papa John’s, Gatorade, DirecTV and Buick last season. Add in his $25 million salary and the surefire Hall-of-Famer took in $37.5 million last year.

Not too shabby.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/06/17/peyton-manning-moves-5-list-highest-paid-athletes/28007/

And please note that there are even crazier Jets fans out here who somehow think that keeping Smith as the starter is better than having the Manning who had the stats you posted above.

Utter Madness.

That was pretty funny, (or sad) depending on how you looked at it. I remember the fans saying they didn't want Manning,lol.

Tells you all you need to know about a portion of this fan base.

The Denver Post

Peyton Manning has already showed the NFL’s young stars how it’s done on the field. Now he’s showing them how it’s done off the field.

The Broncos 38-year-old star quarterback capped his record-setting season by moving up three spots to No. 5 among American athletes on The Fortunate 50, the annual rankings by Sports Illustrated and Fortune of the highest-paid athletes.

Manning reportedly pulled in $12.5 million in endorsements from companies like Papa John’s, Gatorade, DirecTV and Buick last season. Add in his $25 million salary and the surefire Hall-of-Famer took in $37.5 million last year.

Not too shabby.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/06/17/peyton-manning-moves-5-list-highest-paid-athletes/28007/

Yeah do not cry for Peyton he has made money as evidenced by his chain of restaurants that he owns besides football salary

Yeah do not cry for Peyton he has made money as evidenced by his chain of restaurants that he owns besides football salary

Love to know how much he gets from Papa John's alone.

And since that article was published, Manning has been doing those irritating Nationwide ads as well.

I'm getting the sense Elway is getting a little Cocky.

Just the way he handled the Fox thing (like if they don't win a Super Bowl it's not good enough) and now rumors that they might not want Peyton Manning back..

Like they have another QB that's going to take them to the SB.  

I don't want to get into this as our Jets friends have had enough of us Pats fans, but............................ you are right. Why would any fan of a team want Peyton Manning? For the regular season "glory" or the inevitable 1st round playoff loss? I don't get it.

Really? You people need to dig yourself out of the snow and breathe in some fresh air.

Peyton isn't taking them to the Superbowl either. 1 and done.

He went to the Super Bowl two years ago...and won 12 games last year.

Why would you want Aaron Rodgers? he's only won one Super Bowl...

How about Tom Brady last year.  He didn't win one for a decade.

You guys are all crazy.  Peyton gives any team a chance to win a Super Bowl.

The Denver Post

Not too shabby.

You would figure.  You see that ugly mug of his selling everything everywhere.  Hell even Brett Favre is stilling making money of what he was.  Brady will make a ton as well when he is done.  Every tire company in the world will want him for their spokesperson. 

He went to the Super Bowl two years ago...and won 12 games last year.

Why would you want Aaron Rodgers? he's only won one Super Bowl...

How about Tom Brady last year. He didn't win one for a decade.

You guys are all crazy. Peyton gives any team a chance to win a Super Bowl.

I'll wait and see, he looked terrible towards the end, the guy is done. He'll give you a "chance" but choke it away like he usually does.

Something I would be very in favor of (assuming Peyton does somehow becomes a Free Agent), bring him in for a year or two, and trade for glennon and have glennon learn from one of the best. 

That would never happen though. 

Peyton Manning doesn't have the balls to come to Tom Brady's division. It'll never happen. Peyton likes cream puff divisions, like the AFC South, the AFC West when he first got there, and the NFC South. He will never, EVER, come to an AFC East ruled by the Patriots. Will never happen

Peyton Manning doesn't have the balls to come to Tom Brady's division. It'll never happen. Peyton likes cream puff divisions, like the AFC South, the AFC West when he first got there, and the NFC South. He will never, EVER, come to an AFC East ruled by the Patriots. Will never happen

That sums up Peyton Manning perfectly.

Softest QB ever to play in the NFL.

Yea, because the QB cupboard is just overflowing with talent in Jetland, right?

Payton Manning will an unanimous selection to the NFL's all-time Compiler Team.

The guy only has 1 Super Bowl ring and a career losing record in the playoffs.

I laugh when people say he is a top 3 all-time QB.

You just hate him because he came from 3 TD's back to beat ya in the AFC Championship...:-)

Love to know how much he gets from Papa John's alone.

And since that article was published, Manning has been doing those irritating Nationwide ads as well.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/peyton-manning-credits-legal-colorado-pot-booming-papa-john-pizza-business-article-1.1944951

Peyton Manning credits legal Colorado pot with booming Papa John's pizza business Manning purchased 21 Papa John's locations statewide shortly before voters passed Colorado Amendment 64 in 2012 and claims he's been raking in the money ever since.

Like thousands of his fellow Coloradans, Peyton Manning is buzzing off the state's legalization of marijuana.

But it's a different kind of high for the Denver Broncos quarterback, who credits legal pot with booming sales at his Papa John's pizza franchises.

Manning purchased 21 Papa John's locations statewide shortly before voters passed Colorado Amendment 64 in late 2012, and he's been raking in the money ever since.

There’s some different laws out here in Colorado. Pizza business is pretty good out here, believe it or not, due to some recent law changes," Manning said in an interview with Sports Illustrated's Monday Morning Quarterback.

Manning isn’t just blowing smoke.

According to a TMZ report from last year, several of his restaurants saw sales jump from $3,000-$4,000 a day to $5,000-$6,000 a day, with one chain reporting a 25% increase in sales from the previous year.

Business is so good, in fact, that four new Manning-owned Papa John’s franchises have popped up like weeds in recent months.

Their location? Where else but Colorado.

Archived