Right now what are the odds the Jets draft either Mariota or Winston?

TuscanyTile2

I think Mariota falls. It's hard to predict trades but get this, remember the Jets had the 9th pick and wanted Tavon Austin and the Rams jumped in front of us and stole him? I think the same thing happens. Redskins trade back to 10 and the Rams jump to 5 and pick Mariota.

I think Mariota falls. It's hard to predict trades but get this, remember the Jets had the 9th pick and wanted Tavon Austin and the Rams jumped in front of us and stole him? I think the same thing happens. Redskins trade back to 10 and the Rams jump to 5 and pick Mariota.

I don't know if it's the Rams but I just don't see him dropping to six...Either the Jags or Skins want him or someone is going to trade up to grab him.  Unless the Jets are willing to trade up I would put a 5% on either dropping to six..

I don't know if it's the Rams but I just don't see him dropping to six...Either the Jags or Skins want him or someone is going to trade up to grab him.  Unless the Jets are willing to trade up I would put a 5% on either dropping to six..

there's already a lot of "dropping" momentum for Mariota....no Senior Ball....terrible last game...unlikely to throw at combine....spread QB....heard a Tampa Bay reporter say that they are not locked on QB at 1...will be interesting to see,,,,of course not sure we take him even if he drops...we should have taken another QB last year...we could have taken Bridgewater or Garropolo

Obviously part of that equation is that one of the 2 QBs has to fall to #6 (assuming we don't trade up).  If I had to guess, I would say probably like 40-45%.  I have no idea if I'm in the ballpark as far as other people's opinion though.  Am I way off?

Given that Tampa obviously doesnt know what a Quarterback looks like i say that if they do go QB that Winston has a 50/50 chance of not being drafted #1 and that they take Mariota instead. 

Tampa doesnt see that they dont need a QB. What they need is a revamped offensive line, cornerbacks and an edge rusher. 

I'd guess 10% Winston 25% Mariota 35% Cooper

But until the combine and FA are complete who knows.

FWIW I think Mariota has the brains, character and leadership to develop into something special. It might take a few years to develop his skills. imo Winston is going to be a streaky, gunslinger. I have no doubt he will go through some bad stretches, but still probably win a couple SB's if he gets on the right team.

I think some amazing QB's are in college right now. Keep drafting one till we hit gold.

I'd love to see us trade down if one of the QB's is available. With a new draft savvy GM in place I'd like to see him load up on picks. I'm not sold on either top ranked QB out there . Maybe we could pick up Josh McCowan  with Geno as the backup. I kinda like Geno better than any QB in the draft. He has shown flashes at times that he'd be a pretty decent NFL QB.

Obviously part of that equation is that one of the 2 QBs has to fall to #6 (assuming we don't trade up).  If I had to guess, I would say probably like 40-45%.  I have no idea if I'm in the ballpark as far as other people's opinion though.  Am I way off?

will be interesting to see how they look at the combine if they even choose to do anything at the combine other than the 40. I honestly don't love either prospect they each have their up side and down side but I think if Winston falls to us he is obviously a risk with his off field issues and if Mariotta falls to us we should trade down to the eagles and snag Gurley. something is telling me that the new Jets staff will be looking to play everything safe this season though and draft O line in round 1.

also just as a side note its silly to ask what the chances of drafting any position in round 1 are right now I would wait to see what we do in free agency as those numbers are likely to increase or decrease accordingly.

I think this is pretty close. Would prob move winston to some longshot like 5% just because anything can happen but i agree with AFJ

Excellent point...anything's possible...silly of me to say zero. However, I'm shocked if TB doesn't take him at first.

'Early indications' TEN will pass on QBs at 2

The Nashville Tennessean reiterates that "early indications" are the Titans will stick with Zach Mettenberger as their 2015 quarterback and bypass signal callers at the top of May's draft.

This move would set up Tennessee to select USC DL Leonard Williams with the No. 2 overall pick. Mettenberger flashed a big arm and pocket composure as a rookie, but is athletically challenged and erratic enough that emerging as more than a low-end starter seems unlikely. With the Buccaneers expected to draft Jameis Winston at No. 1, it's also possible the Titans simply aren't enthralled with Oregon's Marcus Mariota.

Source: Nashville Tennessean Feb 15 - 5:13 PM

Player Outlook

Game Log

Career Stats

Draft Advice

I would say 75%.  I think there's a chance both of them are available at 6 because neither of them are really elite.  I think the Jets end up picking one because Woody is still meddling with affairs and even though most teams elect to avoid this years crop of QBs in favor of BPA-type picks, Woody insists on a QB.  25% that we don't takes into consideration possibility that QBs get overvalued by teams ahead of us and the possibility that Jets pass on QB if available (which I consider low).  :Just Joined:

If a team trades up for either QB, it'll be to get in front of us, not a trade with us.

A trade back for us only happens for a team that wants Cooper, an edge rusher, or an OT as these positions start becoming consensus at 6.

All players/ positions of need for us.That's why I pray we stay put.We "earned" the 6th pick...please use it.

Archived