Alvin "Bud" Dupree

SenorGato

Id be happy with the teams decision on Beasley, Dupree and Fowler..if they picked someone other than those three, I'd be bummed. I've been screaming for an edge presence for years.

Who, of the OLBs, has the best combination of...

1) quickest burst from stance or standing?

2) pass coverage skills?

3) weight?

4) gets off blocks?

1 - Dupree

2 - Dupree

3 - Dupree

4 - None seems to be better than the other so I'll go with Dupree

2s0iz4x.gif

Beeeeast

Keep in mind that this is a 270 pound human being and the slot can't turn the corner on him:

wlcaiv.gif

Those gifs bummed from here: http://turnonthejets.com/2015/03/new-york-jets-draft-target-bud-dupree/

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

25lbs lighter though

Beasley struggling to get to 230lbs...picking him 6th would be insane.

Beasley has been at 243 for Combine and Pro Day, though. The major issue with Ray is that he's a conversion project who doesn't appear to move well enough to play OLB. If he was 260, it wouldn't matter. But being 240 and only being able to move forward is bleak.

Beasley has been at 243 for Combine and Pro Day, though. The major issue with Ray is that he's a conversion project who doesn't appear to move well enough to play OLB. If he was 260, it wouldn't matter. But being 240 and only being able to move forward is bleak.

I dont have an opinion on Ray tbh, I just dont like Beasley enough to take him that early. I'd rather take the tackle from LSU.

I dont have an opinion on Ray tbh, I just dont like Beasley enough to take him that early. I'd rather take the tackle from LSU.

I guess. Beasley scares me because if he ends up being one of these guys who doesn't get to the passer, then what does he do? The scuttle on Ray is similar--he's either going to be a 12+ sack guy or he'll be useless. At least with Fowler, you can be confident that he'll impact the game in other ways

1 - Dupree

2 - Dupree

3 - Dupree

2s0iz4x.gif

Beeeeast

Keep in mind that this is a 270 pound human being and the slot can't turn the corner on him:

wlcaiv.gif

Those gifs bummed from here: http://turnonthejets.com/2015/03/new-york-jets-draft-target-bud-dupree/

That first video also shows the knock against him-if he gets his body into an OL in the NFL, hes toast; no way hes gonna throw an NFL OL outta the way like that. in regards to the second video---Impressive, but isnt the NFL field wider?  Not saying I dont like him-I do like him. But I like fowler more. Same size and moves all over which I think feeds right into what Bowles wants to do.

I guess. Beasley scares me because if he ends up being one of these guys who doesn't get to the passer, then what does he do? The scuttle on Ray is similar--he's either going to be a 12+ sack guy or he'll be useless. At least with Fowler, you can be confident that he'll impact the game in other ways

Fowler and Dupree are exactly what Bryan Thomas was .  That's great if you're looking for players who can set the edge of a defense against the run , catch a RB in the flat after he gets the 1st down or stop one in the short zone on a dump off pass. Hell, those guys might even break up a pass, fall into a sack or even pick off a pass every now and then.    

Guys like Shane Ray scare people. 

The guy is mean, plays that way and makes plays.

We can get a player like Dupree or Fowler in Danielle Hunter in the 2nd round. Not sure we can get a player like Ray later in the draft.

Fowler and Dupree are exactly what Bryan Thomas was .  That's great if you're looking for players who can set the edge of a defense against the run , catch a RB in the flat after he gets the 1st down or stop one in the short zone on a dump off pass. Hell, those guys might even break up a pass, fall into a sack or even pick off a pass every now and then.    

Guys like Shane Ray scare people. 

The guy is mean, plays that way and makes plays.

We can get a player like Dupree or Fowler in Danielle Hunter in the 2nd round. Not sure we can get a player like Ray later in the draft.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that there's zero way you can get a player like Dupree in the second round. Quite frankly, the kid is such a freak, we haven't seen many kids like him ever. 

Dupree is interesting, but why didn't he have more production? 7.5 sacks last year, 23.5 in four years. Might be a workout warrior type.

Also how many players from Kentucky actually make an impact in pro football. C'mon guys put your thinking caps on and tell me the great ones from Kentucky, Dwayne Robertson was drafted by Bill Parcells and he lasted all of three seasons with little or no impact. UK is a basketball school for a reason and if you draft a football player from there then shame on you.

Also how many players from Kentucky actually make an impact in pro football. C'mon guys put your thinking caps on and tell me the great ones from Kentucky, Dwayne Robertson was drafted by Bill Parcells and he lasted all of three seasons with little or no impact. UK is a basketball school for a reason and if you draft a football player from there then shame on you.

It's not like Miami of Ohio is an NFL juggernaut, I betcha Pittsburgh isn't upset about drafting Roethlisbeger. Or Dallas and Demarcus Ware outta Troy... You have to judge each player on their own, not by their sh*tty predecessors.  

1 - Dupree

2 - Dupree

3 - Dupree

2s0iz4x.gif

Beeeeast

wlcaiv.gif

Bad pass by the QB forcing the WR to do a COMPLETE 360 as #2 is running a STRAIGHT line at Full speed... while ONLY 5yds away Doesn't IMPRESS  :/

I'm gonna go ahead and say that there's zero way you can get a player like Dupree in the second round. Quite frankly, the kid is such a freak, we haven't seen many kids like him ever.

You can't get an upside player like that out of the top 15 really. Watt, ware, orakpo, even Irvin all went in the 11-15 range

I really like Bud Dupree. 

but that being said he went to Kentucky (Drob) and he would be a work out warrior OLB drafted 6 (Gholston) 

It's all the bad mojo. 

the kid from Florida would probably be safer. 

The kiss of death.  Bit's endorsement spells the end of this kid's career.

I don't understand what you mean about Beasley. If he doesn't get to the passer he can still play linebacker. If these other dudes can't get to the passer they don't do anything. Beasley is the easiest projection in coverage by miles. I go back and forth with him and Dupree. It comes down to which one you can live with having taken if the other one blows up. Gregory third. OO and Kikaha later. Chattanooga guy day three.

Bad pass by the QB forcing the WR to do a COMPLETE 360 as #2 is running a STRAIGHT line at Full speed... while ONLY 5yds away Doesn't IMPRESS  :/

This might have been a decent rebuttal if Demarcus Robinson was not sub-4.4 runner. But he is. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

I don't understand what you mean about Beasley. If he doesn't get to the passer he can still play linebacker. If these other dudes can't get to the passer they don't do anything. Beasley is the easiest projection in coverage by miles. I go back and forth with him and Dupree. It comes down to which one you can live with having taken if the other one blows up. Gregory third. OO and Kikaha later. Chattanooga guy day three.

If Beasley can't get to the passer you're converting him to running back.

Archived