Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Texans released WR Andre Johnson.

This move was expected for several days. Johnson is a 33-year-old possession receiver at this stage of his career, but is still capable of helping an offense as an extremely competitive receiver with sure hands and natural leadership skills. The Ravens have been thrown around as a likely suitor. Gary Kubiak would probably love to have Johnson in Denver, but the Broncos are flush with wideouts.

You had a point? Why not just express it then, instead of playing coy?

That was my point. I can't help it you don't get it. If i am in the Bears FO right now i am feeling real good right now with the JETS 5th round pick with so many decent WR's on the FA market and a second consecutive very strong WR draft class on the way.

Texans released WR Andre Johnson.

This move was expected for several days. Johnson is a 33-year-old possession receiver at this stage of his career, but is still capable of helping an offense as an extremely competitive receiver with sure hands and natural leadership skills. The Ravens have been thrown around as a likely suitor. Gary Kubiak would probably love to have Johnson in Denver, but the Broncos are flush with wideouts.

What do you think about Andre landing with the Colts? Nothing would revitalize him like Luck.

I think Andre Johnson goes to Seattle.  He fits in perfectly on that team, and it fits his needs as well.  They have a good running team so teams can't overload against the pass, a good QB, decent WRs, a winning team.   And as far as Seattle is concerned, he's a great mid range WR which is what predicates most of their throws, takes attention away from Lynch, has a good attitude.  

Something tells me instead of going on a frenzy, throwing all this cash at guys like Maxwell and Hughes we wanted to see if Revis hits the market first. Now with a couple of CB needy teams out of the race already and us basically sitting on all this cash we can swoop in and pick Revis up.

Boling is young and good no?

Two years younger than Iupati and Franklin I believe and really came on at the end of last season.  However, having not watched enough Cinci games, I'm not sure if that's because he truly had a strong second half or the entire line looked better when the coaching staff realized Jeremy Hill was a better downhill runner than Gio.  I would have to imagine Iupati is plan A and Boling is plan B, I'd be happy with both.

Is Skrine a #1? 

Not at this point but he's only 25 and he'd be a perfect fit here as a press corner. I guess Cary would be our #1 in that case for a year or two but I'd be fine with 2 rock solid #2's. If we could somehow pull off Revis + Cary Williams I think I'd punch myself in the head just to make sure I'm not dreaming.

Not at this point but he's only 25 and he'd be a perfect fit here as a press corner. I guess Cary would be our #1 in that case for a year or two but I'd be fine with 2 rock solid #2's. If we could somehow pull off Revis + Cary Williams I think I'd punch myself in the head just to make sure I'm not dreaming.

Tnx. One other guy...I know only a small sample last year, but Marcus Williams looked good. Think he sticks and helps this year.

If Cary Williams is so good why did the Eagles suck so bad in pass defense last year and then release Cary Williams? I don't get that at all

so maybe macc just follows the rules ?

The NFL has sent a letter to all 32 teams stating its displeasure with the release of contract terms before free agency begins Tuesday.

At this time, the league office is beginning investigations into a number of reported agreements with clubs. Violations will be dealt with accordingly.
- NFL, in memo to teams

"The memo makes clear that we will look into any potential violations of the rules," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Monday.

The last sentence of the letter reads: "At this time, the league office is beginning investigations into a number of reported agreements with clubs. Violations will be dealt with accordingly."

The NFL sent its memo after news leaked, beginning Sunday, of several agreements between high-profile free agents and teams, includingNdamukong Suh with the Dolphins, Byron Maxwelland Frank Gore with the Eagles and Jeremy Maclinwith the Chiefs.

NFL free agents are permitted to officially sign with other teams Tuesday at 4 p.m. ET, but a three-day negotiating period began Saturday during which teams could start exchanging written summaries of their pitches to agents for players on other teams. Teams can negotiate based on an agent's response but are not permitted to describe their pitches as offers.

Teams also are not permitted to agree to contracts with players on other teams during the negotiating period.

The NFL reminded all 32 teams of the rules for the negotiating period in a memo it sent Friday, a copy of which was obtained by Pro Football Talk.

"You are reminded that the purpose of the three-day negotiating period is to create a level playing field in the competition for Unrestricted Free Agents, by permitting clubs to express interest in a prospective UFA and to exchange information with certified agents regarding the level of compensation envisioned by the club and the agent," the NFL wrote in the memo, according to the website. "Any attempt to undermine the purpose of this negotiating period may be considered conduct detrimental to the League."

Agent Blake Baratz was among several Twitter users to voice their displeasure at the NFL's confusing rules for the negotiating period Monday.

Tnx. One other guy...I know only a small sample last year, but Marcus Williams looked good. Think he sticks and helps this year.

Big fan of Marcus Williams as well. Considering we picked him up in the middle of the season and just threw him in the fire, the fact that he played 0 snaps before that and then suddenly being our #1 corner...he played really well. Has all the tools, great size, speed, understands coverages. With an offseason, TC, Preseason under his belt he should make a big step forward. Lots of upside, he might surprise some people if he gets a shot to start (which he won't if we bring in 2 big name corners).

If Cary Williams is so good why did the Eagles suck so bad in pass defense last year and then release Cary Williams? I don't get that at all

Same way the Jets were terrible in pass-pro and cut Cromartie, who subsequently went on to have a pretty solid season for a different team. 

Archived