Jets Resign DE Leger Douzable

NYJetsVets91

This one I'm really happy to see. Dooz is an excellent back up. IMO much better then the guys they signed, that I thought were intended to replace him. Great

Agreed. After they signed all these half assed older vets to 1 year deals I thought that meant Duzable was gone like Ellis. Glad to have him back, very good depth, can rush the passers some, plays special teams, etc. Having solid depth is important so we can keep Mo and Sheldon fresh.....and if Coples is back to playing DE then we'll have a hell of a rotation at the position.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

This one I'm really happy to see.  Dooz is an excellent back up.  IMO much better then the guys they signed, that I thought were intended to replace him.    Great

Hmmm have you seen Vickerson, Bowens or Talley play?  I admit I have not so I can't comment on how much better he is.   They are all pretty much JAG depth. 

Hmmm have you seen Vickerson, Bowens or Talley play?  I admit I have not so I can't comment on how much better he is.   They are all pretty much JAG depth. 

Certainly not that I've studied them.    

IMO Douz, is  certainly not a star, but a good step above a JAG.   I considered the others JAG's.  Could be wrong I guess 

no offense, but isn't that WHY the "depth" players (ie, back-up players) are not starters? Exactly because they are JAGS, and not as exceptional athletes as the starters, is why they are being signed a month into the FA period to short -term deals to provide depth and KICK-A$$ Special Teams.

What am I missing here?

I like these depth signings. These are young, physical (DLine & LBers), comparatively young HUNGRY veterans (Late rounders or UDFAs), that KNOW what they are doing and will fight for roster spots. Our special teams should be better just by talent & experience alone. 

McCags is really starting to fill the roster coffers with speed and youth. I feel all these depth vets will provide a type of "chip" or attitude amongst the team in the same vein the Victor Greens, Corwin Browns, Chad Cascaddens, etc.

If Bowles follows the Parcellian ways, we are going to have Team Units playing like RABID DOGS. 

should be fun !

Archived