Jets talked with Titans

DaBallhawk

Interesting. Maybe this is what they were referring to when they said 2 teams contacted us regarding Mo. I hope we don't trade Mo just to move up a couple spots.

If Big Mac loves him and sees a Franchise QB in Mariota, then I'd have no problem trading up.  Why the hell not.

Agreed, if they think he is a franchise guy.  I think the negatives from some of us are that we do not feel Mariota is a franchise guy.  For sure if you think he is the guy you go get him if possible.

I do not know how I feel about Mariota.  I understand everybody thinks he will need to sit unless he goes to Philly, but after Kelly, we probably have the guy most likely able to use him right away.  If Gailey can design an offense around Slash, I would assume he could figure out how to use Mariota.  That scares me because some of the videos I watched of him were scary bad run to a side of the field and throw the ball at somebody.  It would also seem that Geno had many of the same problems - weird college offense, all shotgun, etc.  I hoped Gailey could simplify things for Geno. 

The only way this might work for us is if it is part of the rumored 3 way trade in which Philly comes up to get Mariota.

Tenn may not want to drop past a certain point.  Jets trade up with Tenn, then trade the pick to Philly.

so in that scenario, do we get Bradford or Mettenburger?  

so in that scenario, do we get Bradford or Mettenburger?  

Maybe neither, I doubt mettenburger, if your GM liked the guy he would have pressed to draft him before the 6th round last year imo.

We may just get picks this year and a 1st next year, maybe Bradford, maybe another player from philly.

Mac already said he would reach out to ALL 32 teams regarding trades, that included the 5 drafting in front of us.  By doing so, it helps solidify what he could expect if he were to trade down from the 6th pick.   He is doing his due diligence...  RELAX FOLKS. 

Maybe neither, I doubt mettenburger, if your GM liked the guy he would have pressed to draft him before the 6th round last year imo.

We may just get picks this year and a 1st next year, maybe Bradford, maybe another player from philly.

Jets get Bradford, #20

Titans get #6, philly next years first & Michael kendricks

You take this deal? I would

Even further to stir the pot. Philly is offering up Fletcher Cox. Jets can then part with Wilkerson if Tennessee wants him if they get Cox from Philly in the deal.

Seems like a wash though unless Tennessee doesn't like cox. I was thinking Alonzo would make kendricks available

Seems like a wash though unless Tennessee doesn't like cox. I was thinking Alonzo would make kendricks available

They may like Wilkerson better and they feel they have to have a pick in the top 6 which Philly can't provide.  Jets don't want to trade Wilkerson but suddenly philly says, hey we will give you Fletcher in the deal.  Wild speculation for sure but if Wilkerson had to be pried from the jets for the trade to come off getting back Cox would be a possible solution.  (I am biased because I have loved Cox since before he was drafted.)

Jets get Bradford, #20

Titans get #6, philly next years first & Michael kendricks

You take this deal? I would

I absolutely wouldn't accept his offer.  I wouldn't even entertain it.

In this deal, we'd be dropping 14 spots in the draft to acquire a player who would end up on IR if he happened to step outside into a light breeze.  No thank you.

I think it's a good sign.  We need to explore all trade possibilities that we could be involved in. .  It could be a case where we are a 3rd team involved in a deal and hopefully we come away with some good pick/players.  If it's solely for us and we want MM then we have to figure out the cost.  Should we move up for him?  I would like to say know but out management team and scouts would be pretty sold on him to make that jump and I would support it. 

I absolutely wouldn't accept his offer. I wouldn't even entertain it.

In this deal, we'd be dropping 14 spots in the draft to acquire a player who would end up on IR if he happened to step outside into a light breeze. No thank you.

There was a report that Cleveland tried to trade a first round pick for Bradford that the Rams rejected. Just for reference

Lets see, trade a player that has never made a pro bowl that wants to be paid like he has been to numerous and a #6 pick for a franchise QB?  

Of course, its a no brainer.   Only question is if said QB will be a franchise QB.   Well I will trust the scouts and personel experts and not what the internet thinks.

If the Jets make this trade then they think Mariota is a franchise QB.

Someone has to explain to me why Mariota as a prospect is so superior to what Geno presented two years ago. The stat lines are so close it's ridiculous, they operated in similar systems, and they're both mobile QB's (Mariota is faster, no doubt). They both have trouble reading progressions and suffering accuracy problems on the second check down. If it was me, I'd say why throw the farm at a guy who is a slighly better copy of what I have? I just don't see why there is such a frenzy around him.

On the other hand, if the Bucs somehow magically take Mariota, Winston is a guy I would consider trading up for. He at least has the makings of a franchise QB out of the gate. I don't think that will happen, but that's the only scenario for which the Jets should move up.

He said he will talk to every team about moving up or down? When did he say that?

In regards to moving up, he told the world that he would call every team ahead of the Jets to explore possibility of moving up during his pre-draft press conference.

In regards to moving down, said that would be his preference and told Jets reporter he'd contact every NFL team before Thursday's draft.

Archived