NFL do deal for at least 20 more games in London in next 10 years.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33442455

Tottenham have agreed a deal with the NFL to stage a minimum of two American football games a season over 10 years at their new stadium.

The 61,000-capacity venue - due to open in 2018 - will feature a retractable grass pitch with an artificial surface underneath for NFL games.

"We have an opportunity now to deliver one of the most unique sports, leisure and entertainment venues in the world, bringing together the Premier League and NFL for the first time," said Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy.

"We have a compelling and exciting partnership that will play its part as we begin transforming this area of Tottenham."

The NFL began holding some of its games in the UK in 2007, with one franchise - the Jacksonville Jaguars - agreeing a deal to play one fixture a season at Wembley from 2013 to 2016.

Every one of those "International Series" games has sold out - bar Chicago's win over Tampa in 2011 when tickets went on sale late.

NFL UK managing director Alistair Kirkwood told the BBC in October that only this year's Rugby World Cup prevented them from staging more than the three fixtures scheduled for Wembley between 4 October and 1 November 2015.

F**king ridiculous.

More 9am games it is. And you will all bitch, but you will all still watch. Its funny how the league has slowly conquered one time slot at a time.

Kind of amazing that December Saturdays (other than the occasional NFL Week 16 Saturday doubleheader taking place about very other year) haven't been taken over by the NFL/NCAA yet.  It's been long argued that's a deathslot but that's only because there's no football to watch. 

More 9am games it is. And you will all bitch, but you will all still watch. Its funny how the league has slowly conquered one time slot at a time.

I actually like the 9 a.m. games. it gives me constant football from 9 a.m. to almost midnight. What is not to like about that? Now if the Jets start losing home games to play there I will be upset, but for now I love it. 

I actually like the 9 a.m. games. it gives me constant football from 9 a.m. to almost midnight. What is not to like about that? Now if the Jets start losing home games to play there I will be upset, but for now I love it. 

Eastern time it's not so bad. Can't imagine how much it's going to suck having to wake up at 6am to watch a football game for people in the west.

Didn't know Spurs were getting a new stadium.  Went to WHL a few years back and wasn't blown away.  Looks like the new place is gonna' be great.  I have no issues with the NFL doing this...until the Jets lose a  home game at which point I'll say it's the dumbest thing they've ever done.

So there will be 20 games. Assuming a team like Jaguars playing there more than once, at least half of the teams in the league will lose a home game. I am pretty sure Giants, Pats or Cowboys will never lose a home game but Jets will be screwed somehow. 

If you are watching the NFL at 9am...perhaps its time to evaluate your relationship with the family, a hobby, exercize etc.

The NFL is pushing fans away IMO.  The blatant favoritism shown Brady, PATS, Manning etc is ridiculous.

It is becoming professional wrestling 2.0

Unless if they bring back the Concorde jet, I think the NFL having a franchise in London is a pipe dream.  The travel for 8 road games a year just isn't feasible.  Taxes are probably higher in the UK too.  Would take crazy monetary incentives for the players to sign there.

If you are watching the NFL at 9am...perhaps its time to evaluate your relationship with the family, a hobby, exercize etc.

The NFL is pushing fans away IMO. The blatant favoritism shown Brady, PATS, Manning etc is ridiculous.

Totally agree southpark....speaking for myself I didn't watch 5 minutes of the 9am game last year, I don't even watch pregames anymore it's all family time Til about 1245....then I'm mostly totally on NFL til almost midnight....it's already a lot to ask...now we go 9am til midnight ? And Thursday night and Monday ?....hey no issue with the guys who can do it , we are all here posting on an NFL message board so we are all obviously fans.....but 15 hours straight on Sunday is not even possible, I stopped going to the games for that reason .

Unless if they bring back the Concorde jet, I think the NFL having a franchise in London is a pipe dream.  The travel for 8 road games a year just isn't feasible.  Taxes are probably higher in the UK too.  Would take crazy monetary incentives for the players to sign there.

With taxes and exchange rates I would imagine the NFL would have to give the London franchise a different cap number than the rest of the NFL as they'd be paying their players based on a completely different economic plan.  Of course things change from state to state in regards to taxes, but nowhere would be as extreme as being paid in the US vs. being paid in the UK. 

The NFL is pushing fans away IMO. The blatant favoritism shown Brady, PATS, Manning etc is ridiculous.

Having a big ass BBQ with your family and friends all day Sunday is great and it's also ******* Sunday, I'm not exercising.

At least the # 2 reason for the London games is to punish cities for refusing to build new stadiums.  With like 3 teams about to move to LA, who is going to get sent to London over the next 10 years?  The Jaguars every season?

Maybe the Jaguars and Dolphins will alternate years, with the Bills mixed in for good measure.  That I would be cool with.  Rex flipping off some London fan and punching another, thus getting the NFL banned from the UK forever, would be pretty sweet.

I think it's a great idea outside of the retractable grass pitch. Just ******* play on grass. Hopefully they'll have a European division soon.

Grass is the sensibledecision, but then the Spurs fans will start to cry about those evil NFL'ers ruining their playing surface - just like they did when the Monarchs played at Sh*te Hart Lane in the 90's.

Still, if things don't work out in Spurs favour, their fans might just try to burn the NFL out of their offices - just like they burnt out a business that was refusing to move to help facilitate the redevelopment works at the stadium.

So there will be 20 games. Assuming a team like Jaguars playing there more than once, at least half of the teams in the league will lose a home game. I am pretty sure Giants, Pats or Cowboys will never lose a home game but Jets will be screwed somehow. 

Oh c'mon, you really think the Jets are going to screwed? Enough with the conspiracy theories that the NFL is out to get the Jets.

Eastern time it's not so bad. Can't imagine how much it's going to suck having to wake up at 6am to watch a football game for people in the west.

I thought so too until I checked in with Geno. He assured me the games start at 11;am on the coast! :winking0001:

As long as the games are assigned fairly (And I don't have to watch soccer as part of the deal) ... I'm cool with it!

I would think the eventual goal would be a European division or two as well ... But I can't imagine them just playing at Super Bowl level ... Just in case a fluke game happened ... The European Division champs would need to come in for the beginning of the playoffs.

Mathematically I'd guess the #2 seeds lose their playoff bye.

The NFL is pushing fans away IMO.  The blatant favoritism shown Brady, PATS, Manning etc is ridiculous.

jeez.....its amazing to me how dramatic some men can be

1 Pound equals $1.55 USD.

NFL can make a lot more money off a dolphin or jaguar game in London than one in Florida.

What?  A game costs what a game costs, doesn't matter what the conversion rate is.  Plus you have a ridiculously higher cost to play in England.  Between airfare, both teams in hotels, the cost for documentation overseas, etc, etc.  Then add in the NFL doesn't make money on the games, the teams split the dollars.  So the minuscule difference in earnings will then be split 32 ways.  Hardly a windfall

Theyre doing it to create a wider reach, appeal to a bigger audience and make money through licensing and broadcast money down the road.  

Really?  How about if the only game you can watch on a Sunday is the 9:00 game?  Or the first two?  Or you want to pick and choose from 3 games instead of 2?  Really, no good?

The favoritism on the field is imagined by fans, always have, always will.  The idea that this is wrestling is silly.

Really?  How about if the only game you can watch on a Sunday is the 9:00 game?  Or the first two?  Or you want to pick and choose from 3 games instead of 2?  Really, no good?

The favoritism on the field is imagined by fans, always have, always will.  The idea that this is wrestling is silly.

Disagree. The league is worth billions and they guard its image.

The image of Brady, Manning, Luck is protected.

Perhaps not in writing but when in doubt, the league and refs give them the benefit of the doubt.

Fairly obvious IMO.

Just need to prepare ourselves. One 9am game a week is coming soon. For the east coast it will be 9am,1pm,4pm,8pm every Sunday. I'm not going to complain. I've always wondered what is was like to live in the west coast and wake up with NFL. And to be honest the morning drags sometimes waiting for our jets at 1pm. I won't complain about it. If London sells out and Jacksonville tarps off half the stands. It's a no brained for the NFL.

Archived