Breaking: NFL upholds Tom Brady's 4-game suspension.

Morrissey

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brady couldn't have played this worse.  I love it.

Had he simply accepted the initial suspension "for the good of the league" he wouldn't have tarnished his legacy so greatly and irrevocably.  The more he drags this on, the more headlines, the more it is in the public consciousness - the more the cheating scandal is associated with him.  He'll forever be associated with cheating and being a part of a constantly scandaled and cheating team.

Interesting, if true

PFT's Mike Florio reports the NFL offered suspended QB Tom Brady a two-game reduction on his four-game suspension in exchange for a guilty admission.

Per Florio's source, Brady had to admit to having knowledge of whatever ball men John Jastremski and Jim McNally were doing to the footballs, admit to failing to cooperate with the Ted Wells investigation and then apologize. Brady's ban would have then dropped to at least two games and possibly one. It appears Brady is dead-set on taking the NFL to court to get his suspension wiped out completely or he's going to take the heat and sit the four games.

"The first step would be to seek an injunction that would allow Brady to remain on the field while the legal case plays out. If the injunction is received, Brady's team can then either attempt to fast track the federal court case or operate in a more deliberate manner that would allow Brady to play through the season without the case being decided."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000504307/article/whats-next-in-tom-bradys-legal-fight

According to this article,  looks like Brady might be playing while the court reviews the appeal.  If he gets the injunction, he'll be on the field starting week 1

I knew it would come today. 

As I got dressed this morning, I thought... "you know what, I'm wearing my ******* Jets hat to work today", on my way through downtown Boston I got pissy looks from many more people than usual. I just smirked back at them... you know, one of those "lol, at your miserable ******* existence" looks. 

This news coming in today just seems right. Good things!

Good going!

Assuming an adverse inference instruction, does 4 games actually hold up?

Assuming a jury is instructed to presume Brady both knew about and directed the activity and took steps to destroy evidence during the NFLs investigation? How could it not?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I don't work for a law firm. A law firm works for me.

It's not an appeal of a judgment. It's an action to affirm or enjoin the conduct of a private actor.

You can only change venue laterally, not going to a higher court.

Notice of judgment again not a thing. If the arbtration decision was from a neutral third party the NFL could bring an action to certify. That's about as close as you get to saying anything that isn't wrong and insane. You should be fired if your job involves anything other than making coffee.

Oh sh*t.

Dude ... there is so much wrong here i just ... i just don't know what to do. This is like a Picasso of wrong legal analysis, in that it's both a spectacular work of art and also that it relies on completely distorted perspectives.

I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I thought the 5th grader line was legit.

Philly radio guys saying yesterday that this is going to be a slam dunk win for Brady in court.  I don't see how or why it should be, but I can see how the universe would make it so. 

cheaters response

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2015/07/tom_bradys_agent_don_yee_respo.html

Tom Brady's four-game suspension has been upheld by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, and Tom Brady's agent, Don Yee, has released another scathing statement.

The statement, obtained by ESPN's Adam Schefter, insists that Brady "presented the Commissioner with an unprecedented amount of electronic data." Yee insists that the "extent to which Tom opened up his private life to the Commissioner will become clear in the coming days."

Here's the full statement:

"The Commissioner's decision is deeply disappointing, but not surprising because the appeal process was thoroughly lacking in procedural fairness.

Most importantly, neither Tom nor the Patriots did anything wrong. And the NFL has no evidence that anything inappropriate occurred.

The appeal process was a sham, resulting in the Commissioner rubber-stamping his own decision. For example, the Wells investigative team was given over 100 days to conduct its investigation. Just days prior to the appeal hearing, we were notified that we would only have four hours to present a defense; therefore, we didn't have enough time to examine important witnesses. Likewise, it was represented to the public that the Wells team was 'independent'; however, when we requested documents from Wells, our request was rejected on the basis of privilege. We therefore had no idea as to what Wells found from other witnesses, nor did we know what those other witnesses said.

These are just two examples of how the Commissioner failed to ensure a fair process.

Additionally, the science in the Wells Report was junk. It has been thoroughly discredited by independent third parties.

Finally, as to the issue of cooperation, we presented the Commissioner with an unprecedented amount of electronic data, all of which is incontrovertible. I do not think that any private citizen would have agreed to provide anyone with the amount of information that Tom was willing to reveal to the Commissioner. Tom was completely transparent. All of the electronic information was ignored; we don't know why. The extent to which Tom opened up his private life to the Commissioner will become clear in the coming days.

The Commissioner's decision and discipline has no precedent in all of NFL history. His decision alters the competitive balance of the upcoming season. The decision is wrong and has no basis, and it diminishes the integrity of the game."

Philly radio guys saying yesterday that this is going to be a slam dunk win for Brady in court.  I don't see how or why it should be, but I can see how the universe would make it so.

Philly radio guys also put cheese from a can on steak i wouldnt worry about it

Brady couldn't have played this worse.  I love it.

Had he simply accepted the initial suspension "for the good of the league" he wouldn't have tarnished his legacy so greatly and irrevocably.  The more he drags this on, the more headlines, the more it is in the public consciousness - the more the cheating scandal is associated with him.  He'll forever be associated with cheating and being a part of a constantly scandaled and cheating team.

Not to mention, had he just admitted guilt on some level, even to simply failing to cooperate with the investigation, Goodell probably only suspends him for 1 or 2 games.  But the egotistical bastard still thinks he did absolutely nothing wrong, and all the yes men in his corner are agreeing with him.

I wouldn't if it hadn't been for Mikey Miss...I've heard him say a few times that he teaches law somewhere in Pa...should have somewhat of a clue.  I could even live with him saying he thinks Brady would win...it's the "slam dunk win" for Brady that got my attention.

To be fair, Pats King of Steaks will put Swiss, Cheddar or Provolone on your sandwich and offer you Vineyard ketchup - while a homeless man will gladly give your car a quick rims and windshield detail for a $2 tip.

I wouldn't if it hadn't been for Mikey Miss...I've heard him say a few times that he teaches law somewhere in Pa...should have somewhat of a clue. I could even live with him saying he thinks Brady would win...it's the "slam dunk win" for Brady that got my attention.

It is going to be entertaining as Hell. This story is the gift that keeps on giving.

To be fair, Pats King of Steaks will put Swiss, Cheddar or Provolone on your sandwich and offer you Vineyard ketchup - while a homeless man will gladly give your car a quick rims and windshield detail for a $2 tip.

If you get swiss on it youre more likely to get shivved. I flip flop between pats and genos. I live down the street from jims, you have to get double whiz there the meat is drier.

It is going to be entertaining as Hell. This story is the gift that keeps on giving.

I flip flop between pats and genos. I live down the street from jims, you have to get double whiz there the meat is drier.

The more things change in this world, the more some things stay the same. The Pats Experience, Joey Vento (RIP) demanding you order from Geno's in English... And I never made it to Jims but I heard a few guys say it was the best of the bunch.

If you get swiss on it youre more likely to get shivved. I flip flop between pats and genos. I live down the street from jims, you have to get double whiz there the meat is drier.

In all seriousness...I think we have a pretty decent number of Jets fans on here who live in the Philly area...we should all meet up in a bar this year to watch an away game over a few beers.

The more things change in this world, the more some things stay the same. The Pats Experience, Joey Vento (RIP) demanding you order from Geno's in English... And I never made it to Jims but I heard a few guys say it was the best of the bunch.

Personally feel jims is 3rd and pats/genos are a tie. But you can get beer at jims so theres that.

In all seriousness...I think we have a pretty decent number of Jets fans on here who live in the Philly area...we should all meet up in a bar this year to watch an away game over a few beers.

Im game. I got a spot where they play the game for me.

In all seriousness...I think we have a pretty decent number of Jets fans on here who live in the Philly area...we should all meet up in a bar this year to watch an away game over a few beers.

NNJ here but ironically will be in Broomall this weekend for a birthday. That's not a common trip for me

Im game. I got a spot where they play the game for me.

Sounds good...I'll start a thread when the season gets closer to see if we can get a few people on board.

Back on topic...Brady is guilty.

Yeah pats/Geno's comes down to, which side do u feel like rooting for lol. Same exact thing except cheese is applied on meat or on roll lol

Pats chops the steak genos folds it. Chopping it releases more grease. You like grease go pats, you like the roll to not be soggy go genos. Ive been known to eat one from each place same night after twenty beers

Sounds good...I'll start a thread when the season gets closer to see if we can get a few people on board.

Back on topic...Brady is guilty.

He didnt destroy his phone to hide evidence of deflation. It had to be weiner pics.

Pats chops the steak genos folds it. Chopping it releases more grease. You like grease go pats, you like the roll to not be soggy go genos. Ive been known to eat one from each place same night after twenty beers

Wow... Never took the time to notice that. Also, yes I've done that once or twice. They never really seemed to fill me up on one sitting.

"The first step would be to seek an injunction that would allow Brady to remain on the field while the legal case plays out. If the injunction is received, Brady's team can then either attempt to fast track the federal court case or operate in a more deliberate manner that would allow Brady to play through the season without the case being decided."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000504307/article/whats-next-in-tom-bradys-legal-fight

According to this article,  looks like Brady might be playing while the court reviews the appeal.  If he gets the injunction, he'll be on the field starting week 1

Fine by me.  Means his suspension will happen midseason or late in the season when it matters a lot more.

Archived