Breaking: NFL upholds Tom Brady's 4-game suspension.

Morrissey

Fine by me. Means his suspension will happen midseason or late in the season when it matters a lot more.

Calling it now. We end first place tied with Pats. Our divisional record beats them heads up from him being out on game 5 while serving his suspension late due to injunction being finalized. Pats cry that we got in on a technicality.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cheaters response

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2015/07/tom_bradys_agent_don_yee_respo.html

Tom Brady's four-game suspension has been upheld by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, and Tom Brady's agent, Don Yee, has released another scathing statement.

The statement, obtained by ESPN's Adam Schefter, insists that Brady "presented the Commissioner with an unprecedented amount of electronic data." Yee insists that the "extent to which Tom opened up his private life to the Commissioner will become clear in the coming days."

Here's the full statement:

"The Commissioner's decision is deeply disappointing, but not surprising because the appeal process was thoroughly lacking in procedural fairness.

Most importantly, neither Tom nor the Patriots did anything wrong. And the NFL has no evidence that anything inappropriate occurred.

The appeal process was a sham, resulting in the Commissioner rubber-stamping his own decision. For example, the Wells investigative team was given over 100 days to conduct its investigation. Just days prior to the appeal hearing, we were notified that we would only have four hours to present a defense; therefore, we didn't have enough time to examine important witnesses. Likewise, it was represented to the public that the Wells team was 'independent'; however, when we requested documents from Wells, our request was rejected on the basis of privilege. We therefore had no idea as to what Wells found from other witnesses, nor did we know what those other witnesses said.

These are just two examples of how the Commissioner failed to ensure a fair process.

Additionally, the science in the Wells Report was junk. It has been thoroughly discredited by independent third parties.

Finally, as to the issue of cooperation, we presented the Commissioner with an unprecedented amount of electronic data, all of which is incontrovertible. I do not think that any private citizen would have agreed to provide anyone with the amount of information that Tom was willing to reveal to the Commissioner. Tom was completely transparent. All of the electronic information was ignored; we don't know why. The extent to which Tom opened up his private life to the Commissioner will become clear in the coming days.

The Commissioner's decision and discipline has no precedent in all of NFL history.
His decision alters the competitive balance of the upcoming season.
The decision is wrong and has no basis, and
it diminishes the integrity of the game.
"

Cognitive dissonance. Thy name is New England Patriots. 

Assuming a jury is instructed to presume Brady both knew about and directed the activity and took steps to destroy evidence during the NFLs investigation? How could it not?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Well I'm not a lawyer and I've been reading about a lot of different things.  Goodell has the CBA on his side, but the union will argue lack of precedent and law of the shop.  Goodell said his precedent was PEDs which didn't really make sense to me given that there was no evidence to support that the balls were actually deflated and Goodell's arguments were mainly predicated on "failure to comply."  But if an adverse inference is made, that would presumably strengthen Goodell's argument there and in other places.  I'm just trying to figure out how it's gonna go down.

In all seriousness...I think we have a pretty decent number of Jets fans on here who live in the Philly area...we should all meet up in a bar this year to watch an away game over a few beers.

I'm in - sounds like fun....I live in Princeton - can barely get NY radio - I listen to Mikey Miss all the time...

I'm in - sounds like fun....I live in Princeton - can barely get NY radio - I listen to Mikey Miss all the time...

Aweomse....I listen to Mikey Miss during drive-time quite a bit...I like Ennis too though...cool to hear Philly fans go crazy because somebody is offering an objective out-of-town perspective.

Aweomse....I listen to Mikey Miss during drive-time quite a bit...I like Ennis too though...cool to hear Philly fans go crazy because somebody is offering an objective out-of-town perspective.

Isn't he the guy that goes around fighting the perception of Phillie fans as violent goons while getting fired for punching his producer?

Isn't he the guy that goes around fighting the perception of Phillie fans as violent goons while getting fired for punching his producer?

I haven't really heard him say much about the perception of Phllie fans to be honest...but yes, he was fired years ago for punching a producer.

General consensus is that Phillie fans have eased up since the Linc was built and PSL's were established.  I know a couple guys who went to Jets/Eagles a few years ago in full Jets gear and nobody bothered them.

Also have a co-worker who went to Eagles/Seahawks last year in Seattle gear and he said they were treated great.

Gonna' try to make it to an Eagles game myself this season to check it out.

Well I'm not a lawyer and I've been reading about a lot of different things.  Goodell has the CBA on his side, but the union will argue lack of precedent and law of the shop.  Goodell said his precedent was PEDs which didn't really make sense to me given that there was no evidence to support that the balls were actually deflated and Goodell's arguments were mainly predicated on "failure to comply."  But if an adverse inference is made, that would presumably strengthen Goodell's argument there and in other places.  I'm just trying to figure out how it's gonna go down.

i dont see how the precedent isnt the browns gm who was suspeneded 4 games for texting the sidelines. conduct detrimental to the integrity of the game. and iirc he cooperated with the league and just accepted his punishment

Goodell is such an incompetent scumbag that his methods--as well as the inherent arbitrary/illogical nature of many of his decisions--that you're almost rooting for the other scumbags in the matter (the Pats) to win.  If half of what Brady's agent says is true, Goddell is, at best, a disingenuous, arbitrary putz, and at worst a lying megalomaniac.

Under Goodell's "stewardship", we've watch him, piece by piece, take the heart and beauty out of the game of football.  I'd hate it if Brady won the case.  But there is a part of me (the part that loves the game), that would love nothing more than to see Goodell laid bare as the fraud I believe him to be.

Footballs aren't the only deflation problem in the Brady household. His wife was seen in Paris with her sister getting a boob job that has been sagging after having 2 kids.. So Tom does like some things he plays with to be inflated to a harder feel..

http://pagesix.com/2015/07/29/gisele-dons-a-burqa-to-secretly-fix-her-deflated-boobs/?_ga=1.154266172.508969846.1436048574

cheaters response

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2015/07/tom_bradys_agent_don_yee_respo.html

Tom Brady's four-game suspension has been upheld by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, and Tom Brady's agent, Don Yee, has released another scathing statement.

The statement, obtained by ESPN's Adam Schefter, insists that Brady "presented the Commissioner with an unprecedented amount of electronic data." Yee insists that the "extent to which Tom opened up his private life to the Commissioner will become clear in the coming days."

Here's the full statement:

"The Commissioner's decision is deeply disappointing, but not surprising because the appeal process was thoroughly lacking in procedural fairness.

Most importantly, neither Tom nor the Patriots did anything wrong. And the NFL has no evidence that anything inappropriate occurred.

The appeal process was a sham, resulting in the Commissioner rubber-stamping his own decision. For example, the Wells investigative team was given over 100 days to conduct its investigation. Just days prior to the appeal hearing, we were notified that we would only have four hours to present a defense; therefore, we didn't have enough time to examine important witnesses. Likewise, it was represented to the public that the Wells team was 'independent'; however, when we requested documents from Wells, our request was rejected on the basis of privilege. We therefore had no idea as to what Wells found from other witnesses, nor did we know what those other witnesses said.

These are just two examples of how the Commissioner failed to ensure a fair process.

Additionally, the science in the Wells Report was junk. It has been thoroughly discredited by independent third parties.

Finally, as to the issue of cooperation, we presented the Commissioner with an unprecedented amount of electronic data, all of which is incontrovertible. I do not think that any private citizen would have agreed to provide anyone with the amount of information that Tom was willing to reveal to the Commissioner. Tom was completely transparent. All of the electronic information was ignored; we don't know why. The extent to which Tom opened up his private life to the Commissioner will become clear in the coming days.

The Commissioner's decision and discipline has no precedent in all of NFL history. His decision alters the competitive balance of the upcoming season. The decision is wrong and has no basis, and it diminishes the integrity of the game."

This ******* guy.  What an absolute piece of sh*t.  

How ******* stupid is this moron?  

Footballs aren't the only deflation problem in the Brady household. His wife was seen in Paris with her sister getting a boob job that has been sagging after having 2 kids.. So Tom does like some things he plays with to be inflated to a harder feel..

http://pagesix.com/2015/07/29/gisele-dons-a-burqa-to-secretly-fix-her-deflated-boobs/?_ga=1.154266172.508969846.1436048574

afraid to click the link at work ... looking forward to it later on!

It is going to be entertaining as Hell. This story is the gift that keeps on giving.

If you get swiss on it youre more likely to get shivved. I flip flop between pats and genos. I live down the street from jims, you have to get double whiz there the meat is drier.

Agreed, f@ck Jim's.

Isn't putting cheese whiz on something and declaring it the food that represents your city the same as us passing Ellio's pizza off a great NY slice?

Not to mention our greatest sports hero is fictional

Wheres the Idzik guys lets get the collection going SAR I offered his PSLs for sale lets get them to  real Jets fans not an imposter. 

More Joewilly logic:

Good Jets Fan:  Doesn't attend games, criticizes season ticket holders for not making enough noise even though its his voice that's missing.

Bad Jets Fan:  Commits time and finances to the Jets for 30 years, can't attend every game, sells a few tickets a year to other Jets fans.

SAR I

More Joewilly logic:

Good Jets Fan:  Doesn't attend games, criticizes season ticket holders for not making enough noise even though its his voice that's missing.

Bad Jets Fan:  Commits time and finances to the Jets for 30 years, can't attend every game, sells a few tickets a year to other Jets fans.

SAR I

PSLs and season tickets are nothing but a status thing to you to be able to say you have them and go to games. 

You are a negative fan with nothing good to say about the Jets. 

A lot of truth in my logic. 

joewilly12

Archived