Owusu set to Return to Jets?

JetNation

I'm very happy about this, now the only OTHER news that would make me happier would be the report that Geno Smith has been traded and that Matt Flynn has been re-signed and pulled away from the airport bar, where he is drinking the most delicious looking Bloody Marys That I have ever seen, and looks good enough to possibly get me to fall off my 10 year wagon to try one-it looks like it had two BBQ'd ribs in it.

It is...Owusu tweeted this earlier.

Blessed and thankful to be back in green and white! Thank God for another opportunity and thank you all for your support

thanks for the update, I am happy to hear it. I was hoping either him or Powell. I like Powell's Return skills but think Owusu is a better receiver. Thanks again.

thanks for the update, I am happy to hear it. I was hoping either him or Powell. I like Powell's Return skills but think Owusu is a better receiver. Thanks again.

No sweat..I wouldn't be shocked if Powell ends up on the PS.

i get having to put powell to waivers before putting him on practice squad but why did they release owusu if they were just gonna put him righ tback on the 53?

I've seen a few people ask that same question today...wonder if something didn't play out as they'd hoped.

i get having to put powell to waivers before putting him on practice squad but why did they release owusu if they were just gonna put him righ tback on the 53?

maybe they were hoping that a quality TE was going to shake loose, so they wanted to be ready to grab him if one did. Cumberland isn't a bad pass catcher

My best guess is that they wanted Tre Mcbride as the replacement.  Good speed, very good route runner, some experience as a return man in college, but didn't have a good preseason.  The Titans ended up with him, but I believe the waivers go in terms of standings, no matter how many claims you make, so they were beat to Mcbride, and decided to just get Owusu back once he cleared waivers.   

I think it came down to who they thought it would be safe to expose. Someone else on the bottom of the roster that they considered more likely to be sniped. And if that was their strategy, it worked. They IR'd Milliner, and Owusu's back. 

I think it came down to who they thought it would be safe to expose. Someone else on the bottom of the roster that they considered more likely to be sniped. And if that was their strategy, it worked. They IR'd Milliner, and Owusu's back. 

agree with you. Kind of sobering thought however.

It is...Owusu tweeted this earlier.

Blessed and thankful to be back in green and white! Thank God for another opportunity and thank you all for your support

nice story..... Love a kid who wants to be here.  Super Bowl plans too early???

GO JETS and keep up the good work.  we appreciate it. 

this. I think the plan all along was to hope to sneak him thru waivers for the first day just so they could IR Milner and bring Chris back 

2 very good pieces of news today.

Chris Owusu being re-signed and Walter Powell being signed to the practice squad.

In my opinion, Owusu & Powell should both be on the active roster - I would have cut Enunwa to keep Powell & Owusu on the final 53 man roster.

Every time Enunwa is on the field he seems like he gets dinged up.

Chris Owusu being re-signed and Walter Powell being signed to the practice squad.

In my opinion, Owusu & Powell should both be on the active roster - I would have cut Enunwa to keep Powell & Owusu on the final 53 man roster.

Again, Enunwa is our TE or HB.  They have nothing to do with each other, Enunwa fills a different need. 

Again, Enunwa is our TE or HB.  They have nothing to do with each other, Enunwa fills a different need. 

Understood but the kid is always hurt - so I don't see how he can fill any role effectively.

In light of that, why waste a roster spot on a kid that can't seem to stay healthy?

Understood but the kid is always hurt - so I don't see how he can fill any role effectively.

In light of that, why waste a roster spot on a kid that can't seem to stay healthy?

As much as I like him and want him here, Owusu is a walking concusion waiting to happen.  Again, they're different positions if it wasn't Enunwa it would be a different player at the spot leaving one less spot for others on the roster.  

As much as I like him and want him here, Owusu is a walking concusion waiting to happen.  Again, they're different positions if it wasn't Enunwa it would be a different player at the spot leaving one less spot for others on the roster.  

There is that concern with Owusu, I'll agree with you there. However, when he is healthy the kid makes plays and he is a damn good KR.

Powell does not have any injury concerns, he should have made the 53 man roster outright in my opinion.

And again with Enunwa I understand he is playing H-back/TE but both of the pre-season games I watched, saw him limping off the field in both of them - not exactly the picture of durability.

Even when Enunwa is healthy he does not make any game-changing plays that I have seen.

In my opinion, Enunwa does not deserve a roster spot - regardless of position. He is just a very underwhelming player.

Hopefully they can both work their way back to the roster. I am surprised that Powell isn't there. He looked good in the preseason games.

There is that concern with Owusu, I'll agree with you there. However, when he is healthy the kid makes plays and he is a damn good KR.

Powell does not have any injury concerns, he should have made the 53 man roster outright in my opinion.

And again with Enunwa I understand he is playing H-back/TE but both of the pre-season games I watched, saw him limping off the field in both of them - not exactly the picture of durability.

Even when Enunwa is healthy he does not make any game-changing plays that I have seen.

In my opinion, Enunwa does not deserve a roster spot - regardless of position. He is just a very underwhelming player.

There was a play vs the Midgets when Enunwa sealed the edge with a block.  Think it was vs a LB.  Allowed Ivory to turn the corner and get 10+yds.  With Jace out, that's something we need.  Someone capable of blocking and also athletic enough to run some routes.  

May not have been a flashy play, but once I saw that, I was comfortable with him making the roster.  Now whether or not he proves to be durable enough is another story.

There was a play vs the Midgets when Enunwa sealed the edge with a block.  Think it was vs a LB.  Allowed Ivory to turn the corner and get 10+yds.  With Jace out, that's something we need.  Someone capable of blocking and also athletic enough to run some routes.  

May not have been a flashy play, but once I saw that, I was comfortable with him making the roster.  Now whether or not he proves to be durable enough is another story.

Enuwa is a better blocker than Amaro. He can probably be as good a TE as Jace as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enuwa is a better blocker than Amaro. He can probably be as good a TE as Jace as well.

He won't be blocking anything if he is hurt all the time.

Like I said, both pre-season games I watched, Enunwa limped off the field - on several occasions.

If you are gonna play TE - or any position for that matter, you have to be durable and be able to stay on the field.

You like this type of player yet many here have no respect for Anthony Bects game?

You like this type of player yet many here have no respect for Anthony Bects game?

One thing that's cool about Enunwa vs a typical TE is that it's not really expected of him to be able to block a LB well.  That alone could spring some big plays for us.  Plus he's a better receiver than the majority of TEs.

Don't get me wrong.  I'd love for Jace to come back next season and live up to the hype.  In the meantime though, having someone as versatile as Enunwa may come in handy.  When he lines up at HB or even in the slot, LBs won't have a clue what he's up to 'til it's too late.

Again, doesn;t make a difference if we think Enunwa is durable or not when it comes to a roster spot over the two WRs, they would have put someone else in the position, Owusu and Powell still wouldn't have spots.  They see potential in Enunwa, hes learning to play TE.  Think it may take more than a week.  As it turned out some of us figured that as soon as Milliner was IRd that they would bring one of the two back.  They did, it all worked exactly as they wanted it to. 

Archived