0-2 Eagles coming to town

predator_05

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would a new coaching staff and the current roster of players care about that at all? This is meaningless fan-speak.

why does it matter whether the players care or not? it's the trend. 

bottom line the Jets are off a big win and short rest against a team this franchise has never beaten, ever. Fans are way too optimistic about this game. 

bottom line the Jets are off a big win and short rest against a team this franchise has never beaten, ever. Fans are way too optimistic about this game. 

Well, the Jets have to beat the Eagles sometime - and I don't know when we've ever faced a worse Philly squad.

I'm not optimistic, I just fully expect a statement game here. It's a reasonable expectation, as would be Bowles having the Jets ready to play.

Many of we fans  may be too optimistic ... The short rest off big win def is rife with inherent danger ... And this game will be a big litmus test giving us a good read on whether we should just be hoping for 8-8 or whether we have a legit chance to make some post-season noise.

all that being said you are stretching too far when you try to tie in what happened when the 2 teams played each other under Rich Kotite or Weeb Ewbank ... Or Bill Parcells ... Or Herm Edwards, etc. as having any baring on who will win

you are stretching too far when you try to tie in what happened when the 2 teams played each other under Rich Kotite or Weeb Ewbank ... Or Bill Parcells ... Or Herm Edwards, etc. as having any baring on who will win

to clarify, I am not saying the Jets will lose because they never beat the Eagles.

What I'm saying is the Jets have never beat the Eagles. It's a fact.

I don't see why you guys want to dismiss that fact. Because you don't like it? 

Historical trends may not be relevant to the players or coaches but they are relevant to the question of whether the Jets will win or lose this weekend. 

People really need to get away from the "superficial" analysis of
football games.  Last week there was no way the Jets were beating
IND because:

- Luck is better than Fitzpatrick
- IND is going to be "fired up & angry" after losing their opener
- IND is not losing their home opener on a Monday night with them honoring Jeff Saturday

How did that work out???  So don't quote to me how we have never
beat PHI.  Who cares???  With the way the schedule rotates we play
them every 4 years.  Those staffs and rosters are long gone.  The
thing that's interesting is how much do Bowles and the staff invest
into the film of PHI last game.  PHI was so brutal against DAL I
wonder if you can pick up any valuable info on their tendencies.
It was a "3 and out fest" with their OLine letting defenders into
the backfield at the snap of the ball 

half-empty: "jets have never beaten the eagles....bad trend" 

half-full:  "jets are due"   

Bowles is changing the narrative here (similar to Parcells) and building a culture of winning.   how many teams improve when the starting QB gets knocked out by the backup DE?     Jets roll at home.   

People really need to get away from the "superficial" analysis of
football games.  Last week there was no way the Jets were beating
IND because:

- Luck is better than Fitzpatrick
- IND is going to be "fired up & angry" after losing their opener
- IND is not losing their home opener on a Monday night with them honoring Jeff Saturday

How did that work out???  So don't quote to me how we have never
beat PHI.  Who cares???  With the way the schedule rotates we play
them every 4 years.  Those staffs and rosters are long gone.  The
thing that's interesting is how much do Bowles and the staff invest
into the film of PHI last game.  PHI was so brutal against DAL I
wonder if you can pick up any valuable info on their tendencies.
It was a "3 and out fest" with their OLine letting defenders into
the backfield at the snap of the ball 

The history is somewhat relevant because we never really seemed to match up well with the Eagles.  The last time we faced them Vick was still a relatively effective starter (Rex had huge difficulties with running QB's over the years, hench why he picked up Tyrod Taylor) and Sanchez was our QB (meaning we couldn't take advantage of a pretty weak defense). 

This year I think that's different.  We match up quite well with Philly this time around from the looks of things.  They have a slow, conservative QB who doesn't handle heavy blitzes very well (much like Luck).  Their offensive line is struggling to get any push (much like Indy's last week).  Their defense is weak, especially without Kiko Alonso, AND we have a QB who has some idea of how to exploit that. 

I do think the Eagles will improve over the course of the season and be in contention for the playoffs despite all their problems, but right now is a good time to be facing them.  Especially at home.  Our fans should be pretty loud, and will get even louder if Mark Sanchez makes his way into the huddle.

something happened 9 times in a row is just a coincidence? 

Could you post up a list of the current Jets General Managers, Head Coaches, quarterbacks and coaching staff that were with the team when the Jets last lost to the Eagles in the regular season.

If the answer is few or none, your point is not a coincidence, it's actually meaningless SOJF nonsense

The history is somewhat relevant because we never really seemed to match up well with the Eagles.  The last time we faced them Vick was still a relatively effective starter (Rex had huge difficulties with running QB's over the years, hench why he picked up Tyrod Taylor) and Sanchez was our QB (meaning we couldn't take advantage of a pretty weak defense). 

This year I think that's different.  We match up quite well with Philly this time around from the looks of things.  They have a slow, conservative QB who doesn't handle heavy blitzes very well (much like Luck).  Their offensive line is struggling to get any push (much like Indy's last week).  Their defense is weak, especially without Kiko Alonso, AND we have a QB who has some idea of how to exploit that. 

I do think the Eagles will improve over the course of the season and be in contention for the playoffs despite all their problems, but right now is a good time to be facing them.  Especially at home.  Our fans should be pretty loud, and will get even louder if Mark Sanchez makes his way into the huddle.

I cant remember a time where we matched up better vs. the Eagles than this game.  Literally, all of our strengths, play into their weakness (or at least what we've seen so far this season). 

None of their WR's are "special" (sorry Villian Matthews is good but not special, yet).  So Revis and co. should lock them down with relative ease.  

Their OL sucks at blocking in both phases.  The Jets are solid vs. the run and while the sacks #'s were low vs. Indy the pressure wasnt.  Murray doesnt fit at all.  Mathews is probably better suited for that offense but Kelly's a moron.  And Bradford's a statue who cant handle pressure.

Their D isnt as terrible as everyone makes them out to be but they're banged up and the Jets should be able to impose their will in the run game with Thorton, Alonso and possibly Kendricks out.  Barwin and Cox can create some havoc but their CB's are weak and beatable.  Really hope Decker can play because I think that would be handful for them.

That said, they're battling for their season in week 2 and that can be dangerous.

Could you post up a list of the current Jets General Managers, Head Coaches, quarterbacks and coaching staff that were with the team when the Jets last lost to the Eagles in the regular season.

If the answer is few or none, your point is not a coincidence, it's actually meaningless SOJF nonsense

you didn't really answer my question. Something happens 9 times in a row, is that a coincidence? 

Just thumbing through the roster, Pace, Kerley, Brick, Mangold, Harris, Revis, Cro and Folk have felt the sting of Eagles loss. 

Why would a new coaching staff and the current roster of players care about that at all? This is meaningless fan-speak.

never get the logic of losses with different players, different coaches etc, on both teams and a really small sample size has any significance.

i remember when people used to say the same thing about the Steelers and others.  Right up until we started beating them

you didn't really answer my question. Something happens 9 times in a row, is that a coincidence? 

Just thumbing through the roster, Pace, Kerley, Brick, Mangold, Harris, Revis, Cro and Folk have felt the sting of Eagles loss. 

You answered mine though

NO GMs, HCs, Coaches.

So, ergo, meaningless SOJF nonsense

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

yes.  it's 9 times over 42 years.  it's a coincidence.  none of the players stepping on the field were even born the first time the jets and eagles played.

Id be willing to chalk it up to the "hot hand" fallacy if the league was perfectly fair and random.

It's not like flipping a coin. the various "gates" scandals makes me wary of the fairness of the league as a whole. 

I don't know how well we really match up.  The Jets D looks like it gets gassed and that is Chip's specialty.  We stop the run, but they don't run anyway.  Our O is nothing special and with Decker out we will want to run.  I don't think they have been that bad against the run so far, but they are missing Alonso and probably Kendricks.  Ivory is hurting.  Julio Jones ate their lunch, but we don't have a Julio Jones. 

I just don't get Kelly swapping Foles.  The kid was 14-4 for him and his extension wasn't crazy.  I think he got less money guaranteed than Bradford gets for 2015. 

What evidence is there that the Jets defense gets gassed? They maintained the pressure on Luck from start to finish on Monday. If they're just half as good at pressuring Bradford on Sunday, he's going to turn the ball over multiple times. Pressure aside, our secondary vs. Bradford is a mismatch, hurry-up or no hurry-up. 

What evidence is there that the Jets defense gets gassed? They maintained the pressure on Luck from start to finish on Monday. If they're just half as good at pressuring Bradford on Sunday, he's going to turn the ball over multiple times. Pressure aside, our secondary vs. Bradford is a mismatch, hurry-up or no hurry-up. 

If we don't get 6 turnovers I'll be disappointed we have to get out of this 5 turnover rut..LOL

Archived