fitz apologists

kmnj

It's an internet discussion, Bub. I state my opinion then you state yours. If you are looking for footnotes, go to the library.

there's a reply that really makes sense. Because you still don't have a clue what Geno would look like this season with these players, these coaches and another year of experience.  

And no answer other than you have an opinion.  So do I and others who disagree with you.  Too sensitive 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that I think everybody is missing is that you don't need to see a player in games to know how he will perform. I mean, we do, but the coaching staff and front office don't. They watch them in practice and they have a pretty good idea what will happen in a game. It's a nice topic for 20+ pages of silly debate, but the idea that the coaching staff should pull Fitzpatrick so they can "see what they have in Geno" is misguided. I'm not saying that we should trust the coaches, but we don't have a say in what gets done. They should decide who they think gives the better chance to win. They had ******* A-One better know what they have before they let him start. He has been practicing for a week, missed the entire preseason and is in a new system. Even if it were Bowles intention to go back to Geno from the start, it would make sense to wait until after the bye week.

lol.  ALL evidence says Fitz is better.  Every available metric but wins and losses says Fitz has been better and will likely continue to be better (Geno is also 12-20, mind you).  Geno was the 38th ranked QB last year.  38th.  Fitz has at least been ranked 22nd every single season the last 6 years.  History most definitely says he's better.  I love how you jump on the guy for one bad 3-INT game.  Meanwhile, Geno once had a game where he threw 3 picks....IN A QUARTER.

And if we improve to 3-1, early signs will suggest the W-L record argument was dumb too.

No evidence proves any of his. you should watch the SNY recap of the game and watch hem pick apart the horrid passes, the poor decisions and weak arm flutter balls 

Why are you so angry all the time?

never, ever angry.  Now dispute any of what's written there.  Go for it, numbers aren't angry.  Neither are the facts.

You shouldn't call win loss arguments for a QB dumb on the same page calling someone angry for listing stats.  

No evidence proves any of his. you should watch the SNY recap of the game and watch hem pick apart the horrid passes, the poor decisions and weak arm flutter balls 

General consensus in the football community was the Jets were bringing an improvement to the quarterback position. The Jets were not the only team Fitz could have gone to. 

And, once more, there isn't a team in the NFL that would trade a bag of footballs for Geno. Why? Because "maybe he's good" translates into "he's no good".  The NFL, like any business, is risk averse.

Only amongst a cadre of diehard Jets fan is Geno the downfield wunderkind weaponsmith. 

lol.  ALL evidence says Fitz is better.  Every available metric but wins and losses says Fitz has been better and will likely continue to be better (Geno is also 12-20, mind you).  Geno was the 38th ranked QB last year.  38th.  Fitz has at least been ranked 22nd every single season the last 6 years.  History most definitely says he's better.  I love how you jump on the guy for one bad 3-INT game.  Meanwhile, Geno once had a game where he threw 3 picks....IN A QUARTER.

And if we improve to 3-1, early signs will suggest the W-L record argument was dumb too.

So predictable that the angry mob would come out crowing after one bad performance, which is inevitable unless you are 2007 Tom Brady.

Why are you so angry all the time?

http://suburbansurvivalblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/vienna_sausage.jpg

never, ever angry.  Now dispute any of what's written there.  Go for it, numbers aren't angry.  Neither are the facts.

You shouldn't call win loss arguments for a QB dumb on the same page calling someone angry for listing stats.  

Your reaction reminds me of my wife's reaction when I unwisely ask her to "calm down."

General consensus in the football community was the Jets were bringing an improvement to the quarterback position. The Jets were not the only team Fitz could have gone to. 

And, once more, there isn't a team in the NFL that would trade a bag of footballs for Geno. Why? Because "maybe he's good" translates into "he's no good".  The NFL, like any business, is risk averse.

Only amongst a cadre of diehard Jets fan is Geno the downfield wunderkind weaponsmith. 

Guess the football community forgot to tell Bowles and Gailey who had Geno as their starter.  Or just about every EWSPN/NFLN/media talking head who named Geno the starter and Fitz the backup.  Don't know who the community you're talking about is.  Or where Fitz could have gone.  He was signed and told he was the backup.  If, someone wanted him to start, he would have singed there.  But hey, you know that Geno couldn't go for a bag of balls but cling to the idea that Fitz would.  

Youre right, maybe he;s good means nothing.  Other than its better than he's not good, on any level, right now which is what we've seen from Fitz so far.  

And I do admire the tried and true, when you can't make a point, over exaggerate what supporters like about a change, a player, coach etc..  Because the list of people who have called Geno the downfield wunderkind weaponsmith is long and deep.  As opposed to someone who is supporting 3 pass completions over 20 yards in 20 attempts as if that should leave anyone making fun of Geno.  Because thats plain embarrassing and ignores the point that Geno is a better down field passer 

And I do admire the tried and true, when you can't make a point, over exaggerate what supporters like about a change.  Because the list of people who have called Geno the downfield wunderkind weaponsmith is long and deep.  As opposed to someone who is supporting 3 pass completions over 20 yards in 20 attempts as if that should leave anyone making fun of Geno.  Because thats plain embarrassing.   

You'll be calling to bench the QB when we go 3-1, right? 

Because Fitz sucks and there's nothing he will do in London, not since we know who he is based on the past 10 years?

I would look into what it might take to cut Fitz outright and then write Bowles/Mac a letter, let them know of your grievances. 

Because Fitz sucks and there's nothing he will do in London, not since we know who he is based on the past 10 years?

I would look into what it might take to cut Fitz outright and then write Bowles/Mac a letter, let them know of your grievances. 

First of all, let see him get to 3-1.  The over the top exaggerations still arent working for you.  Cut Fitz, does that make your argument   

Why don;t you deal with why in the face of shltty QB play you would refuse to switch to another option, one who ended the season playing well.  Without the usual nonsense trying to downplay what he did after his benching

First of all, let see him get to 3-1.  The over the top exaggerations still arent working for you.  Cut Fitz, does that make your argument   

Why don;t you deal with why in the face of shltty QB play you would refuse to switch to another option, one who ended the season playing well.  Without the usual nonsense trying to downplay what he did after his benching

From a pure football sense a fan should agree with that sentence.. But fans usually let their emotions overrule their intellect and just don't like Geno personally besides his bad football play . Such is life in Jet Nation..:ph34r:

Does it occur to you that today, Sept 30th, your scenario is pure fantasy?

Jets need to pile up losses before the "switch to another option". 

I soured hard on Geno after rookie season. And I was resigned to the fact that he was going to be our starter going into the preseason. 

However, had he led the Jets to a 2-1 and fairly promising prospects leading into the first divisional game in London vs. Dolphins, I would be a flaming dicksack to call for Fitz to come off the bench and take over the reins. Somethings are more important than my choice in QB, namely the win column.

I soured hard on Geno after rookie season. And I was resigned to the fact that he was going to be our starter going into the preseason. 

However, had he led the Jets to a 2-1 and fairly promising prospects leading into the first divisional game in London vs. Dolphins, I would be a flaming dicksack to call for Fitz to come off the bench and take over the reins. Somethings are more important than my choice in QB, namely the win column.

Can't we be flaming dicksacks and not call for a change in QB?

You just havent got a word I've said have you.

Over the top again.  

From a pure football sense a fan should agree with that sentence.. But fans usually let their emotions overrule their intellect and just don't like Geno personally besides his bad football play . Such is life in Jet Nation..:ph34r:

Exactly, its just hard to get any to admit this.

Theyre so hell bent on killing Geno and me for saying what no fan should ever disagree with.

Its emotions and stubbornness.  "I've killed Geno, praised Fitz and will never, ever admit I might be wrong"

Does it occur to you that waiting until the team is under .500 while we're watching poor QB play just because makes no sense.  That to stick with your backup with the starter healthy on the bench makes no sense on any level.  You've got it backwards, this isnt a case of going from the starter to the backup.  .

The dicksack part of the equation is not considering a switch when the QB has struggled all season.  Or discussing it.  

Does it occur to you that waiting until the team is under .500 while we're watching poor QB play just because makes no sense.  

Does it occur to you that if Bowles switches these starting quarterbacks and turns a winning record into a losing record that his job would be in jeopardy? 

Does it occur to you that if Bowles switches these starting quarterbacks and turns a winning record into a losing record that his job would be in jeopardy? 

As long as Fitz wins or at least has a winning record Bowles will stick with him but if he goes 2 games under I think Bowles goes to Metal mouth to see what he brings to the table other then causing alarms to go off at the airport..

as a qb who would you rather throw to? Nelson or Bmarsh- Nelson(is he even on a team this year?)  was Geno's wr1 for some weeks-when you judge Geno consider who he was throwing too-when Harvin showed up and when decker was healthy Geno had some nice games

as a qb who would you rather throw to? Nelson or Bmarsh- Nelson(is he even on a team this year?)  was Geno's wr1 for some weeks-when you judge Geno consider who he was throwing too-when Harvin showed up and when decker was healthy Geno had some nice games

I was a little excited about Geno this year with Decker and Marshall. But then Geno had to go "Geno" everything up by pissing off IK and missing all of the pre-season games and first 2 games. What makes you think he would step in, with zero game experience with this team, and do better? 

To suggest the Jets should bench Fitz for Geno after starting 2-1 is flat out idiotic. 

Archived