fitz apologists

kmnj

even without ivory and decker the roster is much better than what geno had last year. I don't get what the whining is about

I think the whining is coming from Geno fans who want their guy back in there.

Most of us blasted Fitz today on his performance.  I know I did but none of that means I want that other guy back in there.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just cant understand how anybody can look at Fitz and think he is anything more than I a jag-I told you before the season he was awful and has no arm- I was at the game today like almost every game the past 35 years and he proved without a doubt he is not a NFL starter if you want to go anywhere-make no mistake Gailey knew this and knows him best that is why Geno was given the job early in camp. All of his previous teams that cut him knew this and now he is just older. Those dink and dunks for no yards were terrible. The missing of an open wr for a sure td that would have won the game(punted instead run back for a td) The turnovers terrible. 

Bmarsh loves geno and will bring the best out of Geno-when the jets got harvin last year and decker was healthy Geno looked decent which is way way better than fitz-I would rather go down fighting and trying to use our weapons then playing ultra conservative with a guy that cant throw a ball over 25 yards

The "fitz guys" also loved our last gm and were glad to see revis and cro leave....

We will not  see the playoffs with Fitz-go to Geno-if he fails start the Petty era go from there

Best post I've read on this situation. 

Fitz can only win you games when everything else goes right.  More often than not you have to win games when things go wrong. 

Geno, may or may not be the answer but it's better than giving up. Which is essentially what you're doing with Fitz. 

Deflate the footballs for better passing.

It works.

Football deflation was never about passing the ball. It was about not fumbling the ball and I doubt Tom Brady had any say in the matter whatsoever.  That decision came from above.

I dont know what the argument is anymore....both suck.  One has hope, the other doesnt.  That's pretty much all there is to say on the matter. 

Let me ask the crowd this, does anyone think the Jets record would be different if Geno started over Fitz the first 3 games?

I dont.

Fitz apologists, Geno apologists, what the hell is wrong with some of you so called "fans?"

Do you root for the team and it's players or the name on the uniform?  Is it more about being right in your "expert" opinion on a player and a penis waving contest about how much football knowledge you have as a fan or simply rooting on the players on the team to perform?

Sick and tired of parts of this know-it-all fan base that has to destroy a player/coach before they are even given a chance to develop and deliver.

I get it, we are all starved for success with this team and it's been forever, enough of the entitlement driven self-aggrandizing attitudes as a fan base, just root on the ******* team!!!

The facts are:

- Geno is the best QB based on physical abilities and being able to lead this team now in his third year

- Petty has the physical abilities, but is too raw and not yet ready

- Fitz is a savvy veteran QB who brings immense intangibles to the game, has composure, leadership traits, and is extremely smart, things Geno is still developing

- QB's don't grow overnight, some take longer to develop.  The Andrew Luck's don't fall off trees, and even he is struggling in year 3 as teams have caught up with his strengths.  It happens.

- When Geno got hurt, Fitz became the starter, there is no questioning this, and one game shouldn't remove him as starter.  But...  We all saw Fitz' shortcomings, we saw the liabilities he has as a player and how this offense can struggle when defenses don't respect the threat of a dynamic passing attack that can be extended down the field.  Fitz brings great stability at the position that we haven't had for years, maybe Geno can benefit from seeing how a real pro NFL QB runs the show, and folks need to stop throwing players out without giving them ample opportunity to go through the ups and downs during their development.

- How about we all sit back, get off the damn ledge, and give the player a chance to mature and develop (Geno)?  Part of this fan base's problem IMO, is that nobody has patience.  Sure, sometimes you can see whether a player "has it," and sure, sometimes those that judge quickly turn out to be right, but the fans make this team unbearable to root for sometimes, and I can only imagine how some of the players feel when fans become obnoxious and impatient...

There is no Geno or Fitz apologists, we are fans, we should want the best talent on the field, and the best talent developing and progressing to take this team where we all want it to go.

Fitz apologists, Geno apologists, what the hell is wrong with some of you so called "fans?"

Do you root for the team and it's players or the name on the uniform?  Is it more about being right in your "expert" opinion on a player and a penis waving contest about how much football knowledge you have as a fan or simply rooting on the players on the team to perform?

Sick and tired of parts of this know-it-all fan base that has to destroy a player/coach before they are even given a chance to develop and deliver.

I get it, we are all starved for success with this team and it's been forever, enough of the entitlement driven self-aggrandizing attitudes as a fan base, just root on the ******* team!!!

The facts are:

- Geno is the best QB based on physical abilities and being able to lead this team now in his third year

- Petty has the physical abilities, but is too raw and not yet ready

- Fitz is a savvy veteran QB who brings immense intangibles to the game, has composure, leadership traits, and is extremely smart, things Geno is still developing

- QB's don't grow overnight, some take longer to develop.  The Andrew Luck's don't fall off trees, and even he is struggling in year 3 as teams have caught up with his strengths.  It happens.

- When Geno got hurt, Fitz became the starter, there is no questioning this, and one game shouldn't remove him as starter.  But...  We all saw Fitz' shortcomings, we saw the liabilities he has as a player and how this offense can struggle when defenses don't respect the threat of a dynamic passing attack that can be extended down the field.  Fitz brings great stability at the position that we haven't had for years, maybe Geno can benefit from seeing how a real pro NFL QB runs the show, and folks need to stop throwing players out without giving them ample opportunity to go through the ups and downs during their development.

- How about we all sit back, get off the damn ledge, and give the player a chance to mature and develop (Geno)?  Part of this fan base's problem IMO, is that nobody has patience.  Sure, sometimes you can see whether a player "has it," and sure, sometimes those that judge quickly turn out to be right, but the fans make this team unbearable to root for sometimes, and I can only imagine how some of the players feel when fans become obnoxious and impatient...

There is no Geno or Fitz apologists, we are fans, we should want the best talent on the field, and the best talent developing and progressing to take this team where we all want it to go.

123rjz.jpg

I wonder if any Pat fans questioned Brady for barely beating the horrid Jets last year?? LOL But since he won I guess not.. There was a lot to blame yesterday plus this team is not strong enough offensively to lose any starters and win.. Unless of course you have a top 5 QB and we don't,, Hell Rogers and the Chargers lost to the Vikings yesterday so maybe even a top QB don't get you wins some games..:(

I wonder if any Pat fans questioned Brady for barely beating the horrid Jets last year?? LOL But since he won I guess not.. There was a lot to blame yesterday plus this team is not strong enough offensively to lose any starters and win.. Unless of course you have a top 5 QB and we don't,, Hell Rogers and the Chargers lost to the Vikings yesterday so maybe even a top QB don't get you wins some games..:(

Rivers isn't a top 5 QB and has always been one of the most overrated QBs in the game.

.... VARIOUS BABBLE BABBLE BABBLE ....

- How about we all sit back, get off the damn ledge, and give the player a chance to mature and develop (Geno)?  Part of this fan base's problem IMO, is that nobody has patience. 

Congrats, you've reached the heights of moronic posting on page 13 of a thread started by the clown who started the "Fitz is worst QB in history of Jets" thread.

How about demonstrating some patience of your own and not call to bench a QB who is 2-1 for a QB whose NFL downside is well established, but "upside" only can be accessed via messageboard imagination? 

Take a flippin' moment to consider what becomes of the coaching staff if they switched QBs prior to losing streak and Geno plays the same old NFL-basement level QB he's always played? We would be waving bye-bye to Bowles and his GM.  

So be the team cheerleader you always pretend to be and stfu because your let Geno play nonsense isn't even remotely on the Jets radar today.

Congrats, you've reached the heights of moronic posting on page 13 of a thread started by the clown who started the "Fitz is worst QB in history of Jets" thread.

How about demonstrating some patience of your own and not call to bench a QB who is 2-1 for a QB whose NFL downside is well established, but "upside" only can be accessed via messageboard imagination? 

Take a flippin' moment to consider what becomes of the coaching staff if they switched QBs prior to losing streak and Geno plays the same old NFL-basement level QB he's always played? We would be waving bye-bye to Bowles and his GM.  

So be the team cheerleader you always pretend to be and stfu because your let Geno play nonsense isn't even remotely on the Jets radar today.

yep and fitz is the worst qb ni jets history-he has zero skills-terrible

bet you loved our last gm

bet you loved throwing cro away for a guy that went awol on the team

bet you loved getting rid of revis

the clown-me that started the thread has been a season ticket holder for 35 years-owns multiple psls including the best in the house. That does not make me a better fan or more intelligent but I am comfortable in what my eyes tell me and common football knowledge-fitz is terrible-coaches will change back to geno within two weeks and the team will do much better on offense

Somehow I think you kinda missed his point and actually made it for him at the same time....

He better come here experienced and fully developed because this fanbase cant deal with developing a QB.

Mark Sanchez was here for 4 years (how did that work out?) and there are plenty of fans calling for Geno to see action this year.  I don't think that's an issue.  Now, the fans who are already calling Bryce Petty a bust OR calling for him to be thrown into the fire already, THOSE are the ones to worry about.

Mark Sanchez was here for 4 years (how did that work out?) and there are plenty of fans calling for Geno to see action this year.  I don't think that's an issue.  Now, the fans who are already calling Bryce Petty a bust OR calling for him to be thrown into the fire already, THOSE are the ones to worry about.

You haven't been paying attention, its not 2009 anymore.  That was an eternity ago, people are more into instant gratification

Then again, there's a few QB gurus who think Geno should have been Brady in year one and preach that Petty needs 2-3 years because he came from a spread offense.  So who knows what their motivation is anymore. 

worked out pretty damn well until we started taking away all his weapons.  we'd be a legit contender w/ Sanchez right now.

Angry? WTF

Archived