Pats Solder out for the year

LockeJET

I am amazed that a guy like him, who had so many injuries in the past, has stayed on the field the last year and a half. Something's gotta give.

Last October when Gronk was missing for four games, there was talk by Pats fans themselves that Brady was done. That KC game brought about doubts that had never been seen before. Then Gronk comes back, and they haven't lost a game since. 

Going into last season, he had been injured and out for the end of the previous three seasons in a row, including a bizarre forearm injury from playing on a PAT snap. (Side note: coincidentally, Brady and the Pats didn't fare too well in the playoffs those three years without him). Now all of a sudden, he's taking big hits and dragging 4 defenders into the end zone every week, and not a scratch on him. 

Would it surprise anyone if he were on some crazy Wolverine form of HGH?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last October when Gronk was missing for four games, there was talk by Pats fans themselves that Brady was done. That KC game brought about doubts that had never been seen before. Then Gronk comes back, and they haven't lost a game since. 

Going into last season, he had been injured and out for the end of the previous three seasons in a row, including a bizarre forearm injury from playing on a PAT snap. (Side note: coincidentally, Brady and the Pats didn't fare too well in the playoffs those three years without him). Now all of a sudden, he's taking big hits and dragging 4 defenders into the end zone every week, and not a scratch on him. 

No.

They don't even have a way to test for HGH plus the Pats have a history of HGH trafficking I.E Rodney Harrison.

I am amazed that a guy like him, who had so many injuries in the past, has stayed on the field the last year and a half. Something's gotta give.

Outside of his back issue in college, the other three injuries were just bad luck.    It is not like he is a Derrick Rose and the wind blows and he is down for a week.

I read this and couldn't help not to think your in the mirror everyday like that daily affirmation  skit from SNL...

wrlwzp.png

"cause i'm good enough"

"i'm smart enough"

"and doggonit people like me!"

sure lil buddy, stay positive!

I'll bet you picture me all sorts of different ways.

On Sirius today there were like 3 Cheatriot fans that wanted to discuss the Cheatriots upcoming perfect season as they have no "difficult" games left yet

The Cheatriots have the best HC in the NFL and arguably the best QB, and that is very difficult to match up with when you combine that with institutionalized cheating at all levels. They correctly believe that if they cheat on every play they will not be called often enough for it to not provide a huge advantage in the game.

Living in New England, it simply will be unbearable for me if these cheating bastards go undefeated.  Although I do have fond memories of going to a huge Superbowl party, filled with Pats fans, and watching that cocky bastard Brady get beaten by Eli and the Giants to spoil their "perfect" dreams.  Here is the cocky Brady literally laughing at the suggestion that the Pats might only score 17 points. (They ended up scoring 14.) 

After the game, at the party, there were dozens of grown men with tears welling up in their eyes.

I felt like this guy:

I know.  Considering the position he plays, I would think that forearm is very susceptible to reinjury--not to mention low shots over the middle to that repaired knee.  But he soldiers on.  :(

He's been consistent for them but Brady masks a lot of o-line issues. I don't think they'll miss him too much.

Outside of Brady and Gronk there aren't many other players they can't overcome losing.

Malcolm Butler is probably next on the list.   There would be a fatal domino effect in their secondary if he were ever injured for any significant period of time. 

I know it's trendy to be down on Cannon, but he was actually an upgrade over Solder in the Dallas game.  

Maybe he finally has his sh*t together, but for a majority of his career he has been underwhelming.

this is another opportunity to appreciate how Brick is a stalwart. Some say he's in decline. All he does is start every game and lock down the other team's #1 DE, week in and week out, for a decade straight. 

Brick has been exactly what every team wants, a plug and play guy you draft early at LT stick him in day one and then enjoy 10 plus years of from good to decent play.   We as a fan base like to look at our draft fails but a 1st round that essentially builds and oline for 10 years with Dbrick and Mangold is a draft to be envied.

Cannon has been a disappointment.

Vollmer needs to stay right where he is. The interior isn't broke, so don't jumble it around.

Might need to call some "Ravens" and "Baltimore" formations.  :)

Brick has been exactly what every team wants, a plug and play guy you draft early at LT stick him in day one and then enjoy 10 plus years of from good to decent play.   We as a fan base like to look at our draft fails but a 1st round that essentially builds and oline for 10 years with Dbrick and Mangold is a draft to be envied.

About time we seriously thought about doing it again, no?

About time we seriously thought about doing it again, no?

I have no issue with going oline reasonably early for a LT.  I hated the idea of doing what wash did.  Go early for a guard.  Most of the can't miss guards who were going to be Hutchinson from day one over the last few years have been average.  We do need to be looking oline before round 5 or so though sooner than later.

Archived