That Raiders game next Sunday is no gimmie.

HoustonJet

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the thing is, even if the Jets beat all these other teams, the road the championship goes through the house of the cheats

that's the frustrating part about Sunday's game. The Jets can beat all the non-cheating teams in the league.  In the end it won't matter. 

As good as the Pats are, they don't always make it to the Super Bowl.   Anything can happen in a 60 minute game.

This is a 11th out of the last 15 meetings at Oakland. We are 3-8 in those games.We have won two of the last four, however, at Oakland including a 38-0 ass whupping in 2009.

We've won all four games at home. 

That's a been a real sh*tty trip for us over the years and its the only reason I'm concerned.  However, they say that a great D and running game travel well.  The Jets have those 2 ingredients. I really hope Ivory is 100%.

That's a been a real sh*tty trip for us over the years and its the only reason I'm concerned.  However, they say that a great D and running game travel well.  The Jets have those 2 ingredients. I really hope Ivory is 100%.

Even if he is not at least it is Oct and not Dec. He has time to heal.

Its a gimme.

Oakland's defense is terrible. They have allowed at least 250 yards passing to every QB they've faced; even Josh McCown threw 350 yards on them. Marshall and Decker will be making plays all day, and Fitz should be relatively untroubled. They have basically have 2 good players on defense: Kahlil Mack and a 50 year old Charles Woodson. We don't often see the offense dominate, but this is one of those weeks when they could run up the score.

They have some great talent on offense, but nothing the Jets defense can't handle. It should feel even easier after playing the Patriots. Revis will erase Cooper and Murray won't have room to run against this d-line. Carr will need to make some big plays to keep them in it.

5-2

Its a gimme.

Oakland's defense is terrible. They have allowed at least 250 yards passing to every QB they've faced; even Josh McCown threw 350 yards on them. Marshall and Decker will be making plays all day, and Fitz should be relatively untroubled. They have basically have 2 good players on defense: Kahlil Mack and a 50 year old Charles Woodson. We don't often see the offense dominate, but this is one of those weeks when they could run up the score.

They have some great talent on offense, but nothing the Jets defense can't handle. It should feel even easier after playing the Patriots. Revis will erase Cooper and Murray won't have room to run against this d-line. Carr will need to make some big plays to keep them in it.

5-2

just wow mon

Its a gimme.

5-2

did you see what they did to rivers yesterday? Fitz isn't going to be able to throw for 300 yards in garbage time 

I watched the whole game, boss.

Chargers have no run game or defense. We match-up a lot better.

okay then I'm sure you saw how Oakland "terrible defense" completely destroyed rivers. That 250 yards statistic means absolutely nothing since rivers had a little over 100 yards when Oakland backed off and started playing prevent D in garbage time. That "terrible D" has also forced manning and rivers to both throw multiple INT's so hopefully Fitzpatrick can get away with just one this time

okay then I'm sure you saw how Oakland "terrible defense" completely destroyed rivers. That 250 yards statistic means absolutely nothing since rivers had a little over 100 yards when Oakland backed off and started playing prevent D in garbage time. That "terrible D" has also forced manning and rivers to both throw multiple INT's so hopefully Fitzpatrick can get away with just one this time

so many posters talk out of their arse, makes you wonder if they watch the games, have any footbal acumen...or are they just going to the movie theater all day and reading what they want to read in the recaps.

Chargers offense wasn't at full health. Melvin Gordon and Stevie Johnson banged up, and Rivers was missing his favorite target, Antonio Gates.

As the OP on this thread, I watched that entire game yesterday and came away impressed with the Raiders. For only his 2nd year, Carr is impressive (as a Jets fan I'm damn jealous) and Cooper is stud in the making.

That said, the Jets historically struggles out there and this may be the toughest game remaining on their schedule, including Patriots at home. **A bold prediction...win this game and the Jets could go 14-2.

As the OP on this thread, I watched that entire game yesterday and came away impressed with the Raiders. For only his 2nd year, Carr is impressive (as a Jets fan I'm damn jealous) and Cooper is stud in the making.

That said, the Jets historically struggles out there and this may be the toughest game remaining on their schedule, including Patriots at home. **A bold prediction...win this game and the Jets could go 14-2.

Are we really comparing the raiders and patriots?  Now Carr and Brady are comparable?  Wow, doesnt take much to turn Jets fans into SOJ...losing on the road to the Pats..who have won 47 of the last 53 home games, I dont think is enough to pretend going to Oakland is = to going to Foxboro...bit of a reach.  That will be a tough game.

Relax man.  I just meant that now a days, throwing the ball 50+ a game isn't as big a deal as it was a few years ago.  Some teams just don't care about it anymore.

Play off run begins here.  We wither give then the tie breaker or we take it.  Jets need to play angry a d not have a let down.

Ivory hammy is a concern, but jets D needs to set up some short fields and Marshall will be looking for a bounce back game.  

We are a more mature football team, we need to look like it sunday!

Yeah, me neither.  I'm riding the Trust-In-Bowles train until further notice.  Don't think he allows the same embarrassing letdowns and lack of focus that his predecessor did.

Yep.  The mark of really good coaches always seems to be that they rarely lose twice in a row.  Our prior regimes, even in their best years, always had a midseason lull where we lost 3 or so in a row.  Bowles definitely seems like the type who can buck that trend and beat the teams we're supposed to beat.

This is no Gimmie and it would be great to have someone like Carr as our QB; but Luck is no slouch, and Tannehill lit it up this weekend.  The Jets defense held NE to 16 points (even after giving them the ball in the red zone) for 48 minutes.  I know the game is 60 minutes, but Brady and the Pats offense is probably the best offense in the league.  I think we can hold Carr to under 20 especially if our balanced offense can hold the ball in the 4th Qtr.  This is the NFL, anything can happen on any weekend, but I like our odds.

I love the way some of you guys think. No game is a "gimme" for the Jets. Even Jacksonville is not a gimme and the Jets will have to earn EVERY win they get. If they don't play their best they will lose. I don't think there is a game the rest of the way that the Jets can't win - even the Pats rematch - but there is also no game the Jets can win if they play poorly. Also, if Chris Ivory goes down the Jets will be in big trouble.

I love the way some of you guys think. No game is a "gimme" for the Jets. Even Jacksonville is not a gimme and the Jets will have to earn EVERY win they get. If they don't play their best they will lose. I don't think there is a game the rest of the way that the Jets can't win - even the Pats rematch - but there is also no game the Jets can win if they play poorly. Also, if Chris Ivory goes down the Jets will be in big trouble.

lose this game and we are 8-8

This game is huge. Winning it hurts an AFC team looking for a wildcard and puts us two games up on the Bills. Assuming Rex has them play flat out of the bye vs the Phins and we don't spot the Jags 21 on offense like they did we're looking pretty good as far as our division is concerned and very good as far as the AFC is concerned. Even if the Bills win against the Dolphins we get them head to head and can all but put them away. It all starts with the bay though we have to win. I like that Bowles is even keeled but it needs to be made clear what we're playing for.

I KNOW we have a good football team.  I KNOW that we are capable of beating any team in the NFL.  I KNOW that every Sunday when the game starts I get nervous hoping that we will win. It's still in the blood.  

Archived