That Raiders game next Sunday is no gimmie.

HoustonJet

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No gimmes in the NFL, regardless of how bad or average the teams are. Will be eager to see how we bounce back from this loss. If it truly was "just another game" then there should be no emotional layover as we've seen in the past handful of years. Not having Ivory play like his usual self was huge and his recovery is going to be pivotal this coming week. Also, this injury looked worse than Mangold's usual play off; hopefully the X-rays of his neck come back clean, because that was pretty scary seeing him with the neck brace. 

To be honest, Chargers are one dimensional in offense. First in passing, 29th in rushing. We have the personnel to put up some points against the Raiders and I believe Revis will take care of Cooper and one of our remaining corners can take care of Crabtree. My only concern is the long travel and time difference. Not saying we will win but Raiders will not be able to dominate us like they did dominate Chargers. 

To be honest, Chargers are one dimensional in offense. First in passing, 29th in rushing. We have the personnel to put up some points against the Raiders and I believe Revis will take care of Cooper and one of our remaining corners can take care of Crabtree. My only concern is the long travel and time difference. Not saying we will win but Raiders will not be able to dominate us like they did dominate Chargers. 

revis will struggle with cooper, carr will struggle with jets DL

With Ivory not at 100% nothing's a gimme for the Jets. But I like heading into Oakland with Marshall & Decker. Unlike playing Tom Brady, Carr though a good young prospect is Not Tom Brady & we will have more chances on offense. No way in hell Carr is skilled enough yet to get rid of every pass in 2.3 seconds accurately. 

Every games different & our defense is very tough. Remember, Tom Brady picked apart the Seattle Seahawks Legion of Doom. We don't face anymore QBs like Brady until we see him again on Dec.27th.

Didnt oakland come here last season week 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's like night and Day , the difference in last year Raiders team, versus this years Raiders team.  ( way more talent on both sides of the ball).     Also Raiders are playing at home ,than traveling east where they have struggled mightily .( that's a big difference).

Amari Cooper and Michael Crabtree are going to get their receptions( don't care who lines up against them).   Here are the Raider Offensive players who are going to play a role if the Raiders win next week.  Te Lee Smith - best blocking Te whether it's for the run or the pass.( will play a big role in keeping Carr upright).  Te Clive Walford is starting to get comfortable in the offense , after missing most of training camp due to injury.  He's going to be a big Time Te that you can expect to see get more chances next week.     Taiwan Jones eventhough  he's a part time player( back after missing a couple games due to injury) , is someone the Jets have to account for anytime he's in the game.( very dangerous threat whether if it's as a receiver or as running threat- his speed puts so much pressure on a defense) 

If the Raiders start Dj Hayden at CB - he's a poor matchup against Brandon Marshall or Eric Decker.  Jmo rather see Tj Carrie( Raiders best CB whose been playing safety in Nate Allen absence) and David Amerson  get that assignment .  This might be the game where Keith McGill  earns his money- has size to be a nice matchup against Marshall.

With Ivory not at 100% nothing's a gimme for the Jets. But I like heading into Oakland with Marshall & Decker. Unlike playing Tom Brady, Carr though a good young prospect is Not Tom Brady & we will have more chances on offense. No way in hell Carr is skilled enough yet to get rid of every pass in 2.3 seconds accurately. 

Every games different & our defense is very tough. Remember, Tom Brady picked apart the Seattle Seahawks Legion of Doom. We don't face anymore QBs like Brady until we see him again on Dec.27th.

Actually Derek Carr does have the skill to do exactly that,( see Denver game -has very quick release) and can expect to see a lot of back shoulder throws before the Wr even out of their breaks.     ( there was reason he was 6 out of eight going after D Revis last year- way better Qb this year).

Both Crabtree and A Cooper are pretty good Wr with YAC( short passes), and the Raiders have a lot of other weapons that are very dangerous with ball in there hands.(C Walford, Taiwan Jones, Marcel Reece, Roy Helu , and Latavius Murray).

The Raiders offense line Is way better than the Patriots, and have way more weapons on offense than the Patriots have.    jmo the big thing for Carr is not getting rid of the football  that fast( trust your offense line  more , and the weapons around them).   jMo I would use blocking Te Lee Smith  in the backfield to pick up any defender that comes free. 

I expect the Raiders to come out throwing early and often.   ( a lot of short controlled passes) After they establish the pass ,than you will see the running game be introduced.   You can probably expect to see a no huddle type of offense  at some point, as they want to keep Jets personnel on the field.

Actually Derek Carr does have the skill to do exactly that,( see Denver game -has very quick release) and can expect to see a lot of back shoulder throws before the Wr even out of their breaks.     ( there was reason he was 6 out of eight going after D Revis last year- way better Qb this year).

Both Crabtree and A Cooper are pretty good Wr with YAC( short passes), and the Raiders have a lot of other weapons that are very dangerous with ball in there hands.(C Walford, Taiwan Jones, Marcel Reece, Roy Helu , and Latavius Murray).

The Raiders offense line Is way better than the Patriots, and have way more weapons on offense than the Patriots have.    jmo the big thing for Carr is not getting rid of the football  that fast( trust your offense line  more , and the weapons around them).   jMo I would use blocking Te Lee Smith  in the backfield to pick up any defender that comes free. 

I expect the Raiders to come out throwing early and often.   ( a lot of short controlled passes) After they establish the pass ,than you will see the running game be introduced.   You can probably expect to see a no huddle type of offense  at some point, as they want to keep Jets personnel on the field.

You completely lost me on "actually Derek Carr does have the skill to do exactly that". Child Please, lmao! The 1st time Carr looks up & sees his 1st option is taken away he's gonna look for his dumpoff, if he doesn't he's gonna be looking straight up at the sun!

We did well with the time change and traveling to London.  Oakland can't be that bad can it??

nflfans.jpg

Yeah, that really helped us with NE

Are we really comparing the raiders and patriots?  Now Carr and Brady are comparable?  Wow, doesnt take much to turn Jets fans into SOJ...losing on the road to the Pats..who have won 47 of the last 53 home games, I dont think is enough to pretend going to Oakland is = to going to Foxboro...bit of a reach.  That will be a tough game.

Holy sh*t with this guy.  You have WAY MORE WEAPONS THAN the Pats?  lmfao  

What are we going to see when we look at the Denver game?  That the Raiders offense has looked terrible vs. any bit of a defense?  Are we to be jaw dropped by that 10pt outing vs Denver?  Or is it the 4 sacks the OL gave up?  Or was it the back breaking pick 6 that we need key in on? 

they friggin LOVE to schedule us at Oakland.  Might as well construct a practice facility there.

This is a 11th out of the last 15 meetings at Oakland. We are 3-8 in those games.We have won two of the last four, however, at Oakland including a 38-0 ass whupping in 2009.

We've won all four games at home. 

Are we really comparing the raiders and patriots?  Now Carr and Brady are comparable?  Wow, doesnt take much to turn Jets fans into SOJ...losing on the road to the Pats..who have won 47 of the last 53 home games, I dont think is enough to pretend going to Oakland is = to going to Foxboro...bit of a reach.  That will be a tough game.

the thing is, even if the Jets beat all these other teams, the road the championship goes through the house of the cheats

that's the frustrating part about Sunday's game. The Jets can beat all the non-cheating teams in the league.  In the end it won't matter. 

Archived