- Weatherford can go back to his radio show if he can't do better 
than that.  He was no better than Quigley

- DLine got 4 sacks but we needed more against that patchwork NE OLine

- Unfortunate break on the Richardson strip of Brady.  One of their 
OLineman actually kicked the ball back to Brady

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not taking the TO sooner was the right move. It was 2nd and 3 so if you take the TO and NE converts the first the game is basically over. Yes, in retrospect it would have been better to use them sooner had we known we'd give up a TD a couple of plays later. 

The 3rd and 17 sucked but the Gronk screen a play or two later was worse. That play happened because of a blatant backside tackle on Richardson and should have been flagged. 

3rd & 17 was a killer! OMG, not much more painful than giving those up. I try to stay calm as I can watching but that one made me scare my wife when I screamed, "no ******* way, 3rd & 17? Are you sh*tting me". That took the air out of us.

Been saying it all over other boards. I see no difference in this defense as opposed to last years except we blitz less. I can no longer take anyone seriously who calls this defense the NFL's #1 defense. It is not. It sucked today. 3rd and 17? No problem. 3rd and the game? No problem. You come down the field and take a lead and what does the NFL's #1 defense do? Allow another 80 yard game winning drive immediately thereafter. Ridiculous. Then they allow another TD drive after we punted back with 5 minutes go to. NE is one dimensional. They have a great QB, a great TE and 2 average WR's, that's it, along with a patchwork OL, and no running game at all. This is the NFL's #1 defense that just got shredded and had a 30 spot laid on them? Oh and our special teams are maybe the worst I have ever seen in NFL history. I can not recall an offense having to start at their 20 or further inside, on every single possession, game in and in and game out.

We definitely need to draft another pass rushing DL man in May :lol:

what were the plays he left on the field specifically?

kind of the point. He didn't really because the Jets didnt even TRY to stretch the field or run a 2 minute drill because he cannot. So everything was a dumpoff or seam/crossing route and he did that about as well as he can, but he is incapable of winning us a game

kind of the point. He didn't really because the Jets didnt even TRY to stretch the field or run a 2 minute drill because he cannot. So everything was a dumpoff or seam/crossing route and he did that about as well as he can, but he is incapable of winning us a game

Saying the same thing over and over again on multiple threads doesn't make it true, no matter how hard you wish it. The Jets are making the playoffs. Get on board or stay your ass on the ground. 

I'm not sure I agree with the bad TO usage at the end of the game.  I agree with Bowles that the defense was giving up too many yards on 1st down and using the TOs would have been a waste on defense.  It was better to hold onto the timeouts for your offense.  If Mangold doesn't go down with that neck injury costing us 1 TO, we may have had that TO for the hail mary pass that Marshall screwed up.

The hardest part to swallow is that we couldn't make a defensive stop when we needed it most on that final drive.  It was just killer when Amendola makes that catch on 3rd and i think 8 and he caught it 6 yrds deeps and was able to take his momentum just over the 1st down marker.  That was the killer right there.

Been saying it all over other boards. I see no difference in this defense as opposed to last years except we blitz less. I can no longer take anyone seriously who calls this defense the NFL's #1 defense. It is not. It sucked today. 3rd and 17? No problem. 3rd and the game? No problem. You come down the field and take a lead and what does the NFL's #1 defense do? Allow another 80 yard game winning drive immediately thereafter. Ridiculous. Then they allow another TD drive after we punted back with 5 minutes go to. NE is one dimensional. They have a great QB, a great TE and 2 average WR's, that's it, along with a patchwork OL, and no running game at all. This is the NFL's #1 defense that just got shredded and had a 30 spot laid on them? Oh and our special teams are maybe the worst I have ever seen in NFL history. I can not recall an offense having to start at their 20 or further inside, on every single possession, game in and in and game out.

We definitely need to draft another pass rushing DL man in May :lol:

Well actually we could use a pass rushing LB. We've been missing that for years. 

Our D has played well so far and ran into a buzzsaw in a league where it's damn near impossible to play D. Don't judge them by one game, look at their overall performance.

Special teams sucks though, I agree with you 100%. 

Well actually we could use a pass rushing LB. We've been missing that for years. 

Our D has played well so far and ran into a buzzsaw in a league where it's damn near impossible to play D. Don't judge them by one game, look at their overall performance.

Special teams sucks though, I agree with you 100%. 

Yeah I never thought I would say this after the game but we really needed Quigley today.

Yeah I never thought I would say this after the game but we really needed Quigley today.

I hate the idea of drafting a punter/kicker with a late round pick, but should definitely draft (or sign one) in the offseason. Our D gets killed with field position all time and flipping the field is huge. It always seems like we face teams that have their punters boom the ball and we get stuck with bad field position. 

The Jets are getting very little productivity from Coples. Pace is playing faster right now. The position of edge rusher has to finally be addressed in the off season. This game should have been won by the Jets.

Fitz has his ceiling. His under throws are glaring. Making Smith look like a wasted pick right now. 

Go Jets.

what were the plays he left on the field specifically?

It's not so much that he leaves plays on the field; it's more that we have to scale down the playbook because he's physically incapable of throwing outside the numbers with any consistency. But it's kind of a pointless complaint because we're 4-2 and he's quite clearly the best QB on the roster, and anyway if you were making a list of the top 20 reasons we lost today, Fitzpatrick wouldn't be on it.

Personally I have seen (more than) enough of Fiztpatrick...watching him play makes me want to vomit.  He has no raw talent.  You cannot tell me there is any benefit to starting him - oooh maybe he can lead us to a .500 season?

Personally I have seen (more than) enough of Fiztpatrick...watching him play makes me want to vomit.  He has no raw talent.  You cannot tell me there is any benefit to starting him - oooh maybe he can lead us to a .500 season?

He's leading this team to the playoffs. Have you seen the schedule? 

It's not so much that he leaves plays on the field; it's more that we have to scale down the playbook because he's physically incapable of throwing outside the numbers with any consistency. But it's kind of a pointless complaint because we're 4-2 and he's quite clearly the best QB on the roster, and anyway if you were making a list of the top 20 reasons we lost today, Fitzpatrick wouldn't be on it.

Uhhhh really?  Yes he is "only" 6'2", but to get so many passes batted down was disgusting...he has at least two inches on Drew Brees yet it almost never happen to him...also its the little things  - like inaccuracy and underthrowing that costs us plays...the guy has no future and will not lead us to anything - so why bother.

i think the bottom line of this game and anything we can take away from it is, NE is very beatable. Had we played a consistent 48 min of football and took away some of the mistakes, we win this game. Like mentioned earlier this was not a slam dunk win for Brady. I think Bowles makes the adjustments come Game 2 with them. Alot of stupid bone head mistakes cost us this game. Which we all know through history cannot be made against Pats. 

Some observations I made:

-Ivory is such an important role to this offense. Playing through an injury and giving it his all, you gota respect a guy like that.

-Marshalls drop. I see alota people complaining the reason we lost because was the drop. It sucked. But it happens. Marshall does alot more good then harm for us. 

-I just dont understand why management doesn't see we need a punter throughout the years. Whatever Weatherford came a day from being on radio to play in New England, but Quigley isnt much better. We need a punter whose gona put the ball deep in the 10.

-Decker had another solid performance

-Fitz despite the fumble had an overall good game. And I trust he can be the fill gap until we find our franchise qb **cross fingers for petty**

-Special teams is our weakest link this year.

-3rd and 17, well yah the number 1 ranked defense cant be given that up.

-idk what bowles was thinking with the timeout situation and the playing it safe in first half. Reminded me of Rex days. But i think this is honestly just a rookie coach mistake. 

-WE ARE 4-2- Nobody would have bet those odds coming into the season with fitzpatrick and geno, so lets be real. We are 4-2 with I believe a very easy schedule. Besides the Patriots I really dont think there is any team we face that we can not beat. Im not saying teams should be overlooked, but we have a nice schedule ahead to really make some noise and make playoffs. Call me crazy but I honestly believe we will be back in the playoffs this year. 

Not a good sunday guys, but plenty of football to be played. We got a great squad and were going in the right direction. 

i think the bottom line of this game and anything we can take away from it is, NE is very beatable. Had we played a consistent 48 min of football and took away some of the mistakes, we win this game. Like mentioned earlier this was not a slam dunk win for Brady. I think Bowles makes the adjustments come Game 2 with them. Alot of stupid bone head mistakes cost us this game. Which we all know through history cannot be made against Pats. 

-Ivory is such an important role to this offense. Playing through an injury and giving it his all, you gota respect a guy like that.

-Marshalls drop. I see alota people complaining the reason we lost because was the drop. It sucked. But it happens. Marshall does alot more good then harm for us. 

-I just dont understand why management doesn't see we need a punter throughout the years. Whatever Weatherford came a day from being on radio to play in New England, but Quigley isnt much better. We need a punter whose gona put the ball deep in the 10.

-Fitz despite the fumble had an overall good game. And I trust he can be the fill gap until we find our franchise qb **cross fingers for petty**

-idk what bowles was thinking with the timeout situation and the playing it safe in first half. Reminded me of Rex days. But i think this is honestly just a rookie coach mistake. 

-WE ARE 4-2- Nobody would have bet those odds coming into the season with fitzpatrick and geno, so lets be real. We are 4-2 with I believe a very easy schedule. Besides the Patriots I really dont think there is any team we face that we can not beat. Im not saying teams should be overlooked, but we have a nice schedule ahead to really make some noise and make playoffs. Call me crazy but I honestly believe we will be back in the playoffs this year. 

Not a good sunday guys, but plenty of football to be played. We got a great squad and were going in the right direction. 

A football game is 60 minutes.... 

If Ivory isn't 100%, this team is in trouble.  That's the biggest observance and we need a #2 with some explosion.  

Our special teams is awful.  Period, but punting and coverage especially.  Pats avg drive starting point, the 38.

Too many secondary breakdowns in the second half.

A healthy ivory changes the entire game...

Jets need to drop all go routes from the playbook...

Uhhhh really?  Yes he is "only" 6'2", but to get so many passes batted down was disgusting...he has at least two inches on Drew Brees yet it almost never happen to him...also its the little things  - like inaccuracy and underthrowing that costs us plays...the guy has no future and will not lead us to anything - so why bother.

Drew Brees is hidden behind his offensive linemen, the defense doesn't see he is throwing the ball until it is up in the air. Fitz is boring to watch we get it, he cant throw a good deep ball but he is on pace for an 11 win season which would land us comfortably in the playoffs. There are plenty of other teams who would love to be in our position. I suggest you invest in a box of Kleenex, get the tears out because you aren't going to get your way then man up and enjoy a winning Jets season for once.

field position killed us.  

the pats only need 46 yds to get their first 10 points, -1 for the FG and 47 for the TD where as the jets went 79 yards to get a FG and then had to go 83 yards for the TD.

Thoughts

- No moral victories, this loss stinks and we should've won

- 50 minutes of football doesn't beat NE, you must finish

- Multiple missed opportunities in the final 10 minutes led
to the loss

- This team has an opportunity to be very good but they must
improve over the final 10 games

- Did we pay Lafell to sabotage the game for NE???  His drops
were brutal

Good 

I'm going to be a hard marker because we didn't finish, so 
there's not a lot of "Good"

- Credit to Ivory for gutting it out and giving what he could

- Decker was solid

- The defensive tackling was good which limited NE YAC

- Folk was clutch and came up with an excellent onside kick

- The best thing that came out of the game was the angry player
interviews afterward.  I didn't want to hear anyone sounding
satisfied that "they kept it close" like previous regimes

Bad

- OLine gave up too much ground to Ninkovich who had at least
3 tips

- Marshall has to make that TD grab.  It would've put us up 24-16
with 12 minutes left.  Instead we only led 20-16

- Bad timeout usage by Bowles at the end he should've used them
sooner

- Fitzpatrick can't fumble 2 plays into the game especially when
he had two hands on the ball

- The turning point was the 3rd & 17 pass to Edelman with 10 minutes
left

- Weatherford can go back to his radio show if he can't do better 
than that.  He was no better than Quigley

- DLine got 4 sacks but we needed more against that patchwork NE OLine

- Unfortunate break on the Richardson strip of Brady.  One of their 
OLineman actually kicked the ball back to Brady

I noticed this at the time but haven't thought about it again until now.  Cheating ****s.

If Ivory isn't 100%, this team is in trouble.  That's the biggest observance and we need a #2 with some explosion.  

Our special teams is awful.  Period, but punting and coverage especially.  Pats avg drive starting point, the 38.

Too many secondary breakdowns in the second half.

A healthy ivory changes the entire game...

Jets need to drop all go routes from the playbook...

+1

Effectively losing Chris Ivory and our entire running game on the first play of the game changed everything that came afterwards.  I am usually with KRL on most of his stuff but there are no points for trying here.  Chris Ivory was not one of the "good" aspects of this game yesterday no matter how you look at it.  We flatten them up and down the field all day long if we have a healthy Chris Ivory.

To me the play where Brady made 11 yards on a 3rd and 10 with his feet was a bigger nail in the coffin than the 3rd and 17 make which was a brilliant throw and catch.

Cumby has to turn around and make that catch in the end zone.  If he turns around I think he gets a PI call.

Kerley made a nice showing yesterday.  He is clearly better then the other two we have been trotting out there and so maybe he is out of Bowles doghouse now.  Haing a 3rd option will loosen things up even more for Marshall and Decker.

Weatherford..... <cringe>

No moral victories, I like that.  The Raiders are no pushover and in the past, coming off a tough loss in a big game where we had a chance to win might send the Jets into a 2-3 week tailspin.  Bowles needs to earn his money getting us ready this week.

Todd Bowles also needs to get some clock management help.  No, not a modern day Dick Curl but put something in place where they manufacture and game plan late game scenarios and practice clock management until it becomes 2nd nature.  We are better then we were under Rex but there is still room for considerable improvement there.

I get the 'no moral victory' cliche, but I'm ok with this loss; hostile environment, played a competitive game and hung with the champs for the most part. From what I saw yesterday, that Patriots team is not invincible, Jets will get another shot at them and I believe the results will be very different - Bowles will learn and adjust.

Archived