Hate to Admit it but Brady on Montana's Level

Charlie Brown

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the mouth of a Pats fan. Incredible. They have cheated on more than one occasion and everyone except Pats fans know it.

what else? Spygate? That mysterious event that nobody knows much about and many others have been rumored to have been doing as well?

without hurling a personal attack, let me just say that despite a few of these items over the years, if you cant just watch the game, watch the coaching, the schemes, the adjustments, the raw talent and heart the pats have and the ridiculous amount of domination they have displayed for many years now then you are either a very poor judge of the game or your a jet fan sucking on sour grapes. 

Some of you guys downplaying the talent of brady and belichek sound really silly. They have a ridiculous at home win record and afc east titles and sb rings. Its a dynasty. It sucks that they are in our division, but unfortunately they are. They beat us sunday fair and square. They are the better team. If brady was not the qb, perhaps we would have won, but we didnt.

a wise man once said "in order to be the best, youve got to beat the best" we havent done that any cheating isnt the reason.

that is all i have to say about this and i hope nobody feels personally attacked

and all of Marinos rings....... Please I hate Brady but he is as solid a QB that has played in the last 30 years. 

Marino is Peyton like.  

Ring/Cups/Championships argument for individuals in TEAM sports is not something I participate in. 

This isn't a knock on Brady. But under the same rules there's a ton of guys from the past with  similar or better #s. This is like saying the 3 point line doesn't affect current #s. It sure as sh*t does. 

'Stop saying different rules are different!'

Come on dude.

Ring/Cups/Championships argument for individuals in TEAM sports is not something I participate in. 

This isn't a knock on Brady. But under the same rules there's a ton of guys from the past with  similar or better #s. This is like saying the 3 point line doesn't affect current #s. It sure as sh*t does. 

Come on dude.

very true. QB is far more protected today, plus some teams seem to be allowed to hold along the o line without penalty.

Come on dude.

Truth.

While I think Brady's drive and determination would have made him a successful QB regardless of where he ended up, that he ended up in New England with Belichick helped him become the G.O.A.T.

Marino with Shula would have been different then Marino with any other team that looked at drafting him that year.

what else? Spygate? That mysterious event that nobody knows much about and many others have been rumored to have been doing as well?

without hurling a personal attack, let me just say that despite a few of these items over the years, if you cant just watch the game, watch the coaching, the schemes, the adjustments, the raw talent and heart the pats have and the ridiculous amount of domination they have displayed for many years now then you are either a very poor judge of the game or your a jet fan sucking on sour grapes. 

Some of you guys downplaying the talent of brady and belichek sound really silly. They have a ridiculous at home win record and afc east titles and sb rings. Its a dynasty. It sucks that they are in our division, but unfortunately they are. They beat us sunday fair and square. They are the better team. If brady was not the qb, perhaps we would have won, but we didnt.

a wise man once said "in order to be the best, youve got to beat the best" we havent done that any cheating isnt the reason.

that is all i have to say about this and i hope nobody feels personally attacked

They cheated. Millions in fines and draft picks lost to it, a few rings picked up. You cheated.

No because i directed to everyone. It wasnt one person in particular;)

Ok sorry for the outburst fellers

Puahing the rules to get away with a thing your not supposed to do. Hmmmm,  where have I seen that before?  

Let me help.  This board is dummer than a box of rocks.  

Hey look!!  Everybody's doing it.  

When did Spygate become a mysterious event that no one knows much about?  Love this twist of words to minimize the cheating they accomplished.  Any we sound silly, lol. Ok

Brady is the GOAT.  Montana is the only Qb who is even close.

Hard to compare eras. The training, speed and size of the players, sophistication of schemes, everything really is different. Yet suspect if you allowed Unitas or Namath to play under  current rules and adjusted for everything else(keeping Namath reasonably sober, getting Unitas some decent arm surgery)would bet either of those guys could put up 5500 yards/35 TDs without breaking  sweat. 

When did Spygate become a mysterious event that no one knows much about?  Love this twist of words to minimize the cheating they accomplished.  Any we sound silly, lol. Ok

So if Ryan Mallett had the benefit of "cheating" he'd be great too? Same with Bledsoe? So if the Jets "cheat" Fitzy would be an All Pro. You sound ridiculous. 

Well of course. But he is not Macho Man.

Im actually dressing up as Captian Lou for Halloween this year.  Grew my goatee out to support some nice rubber bans, got an ill fitting Hawaiian shirt and my wife is "preparing" a wife beater to look stinky but not actually be stinky.  Not yet anyhow. 

So if Ryan Mallett had the benefit of "cheating" he'd be great too? Same with Bledsoe? So if the Jets "cheat" Fitzy would be an All Pro. You sound ridiculous. 

You sound ridiculous talking in absolutes.  NO!!! cheating will not make eany jag QB great.  but it will make a great QB unstoppable.  Aaron Rodgers and the Packers would be virtually unstoppable with cheating.  Peyton in his prime virtually unstoppable with cheating.  He was  except for the playoffs without cheating.  Too bad he didnt have the other teams defensive set ups.  See how this works?  Those few plays a game that make a different fall the way more times or not for a very good QB and you have a team with an incredible history of winning.  Not cheating is what makes teams have an occasional down year.   Its not a miracle that turns a shitty QB into an all-pro. 

You sound ridiculous talking in absolutes.  NO!!! cheating will not make eany jag QB great.  but it will make a great QB unstoppable.  Aaron Rodgers and the Packers would be virtually unstoppable with cheating.  Peyton in his prime virtually unstoppable with cheating.  He was  except for the playoffs without cheating.  Too bad he didnt have the other teams defensive set ups.  See how this works?  Those few plays a game that make a different fall the way more times or not for a very good QB and you have a team with an incredible history of winning.  Not cheating is what makes teams have an occasional down year.   Its not a miracle that turns a sh*tty QB into an all-pro. 

I was making an extreme example. I played and you have to execute. Cheating Shmeating. We knew teams were doing certain things many a time but still could not stop it. Brady is simply very good the sooner we attribute that to skill and not to supernatural crap the better off we will be and can beat them. All I am saying. Spygate happened in 07. He has been pretty good since then. No?

even calling him very good is bad enough, as he is terrible. i wasnt going to keep searching as this quote proves my point. your qb analysis is skewed by stupidity and a false sense of what makes a good qb. your manlove for sanchez is ridiculous and your football analysis is laughable at best. you are a joke for the most part. you are a joke at finheaven, here and probably any other football site you post at.

he had a very good season, that doesn't mean his 4 years here were very good.  hew as good overall for us, he had one bad year when he had the worst weapons in football around him led by Tony Sparano w/ a sprinkle of tim tebow distraction thrown in.

I deal in reality, you don't make 2 title games, win 4 road playoff games and have 2 chances to reach SBs w/ a bad QB.

You can bash me all you want b/c you are an average fan and don't understand the game.  that is your problem nit mine but thank you for following me at various boards.  I love my fans. 

necky, I think you are being a little harsh here.

And let me preface this by saying I thought Sanchez was a below average Nfl QB.

Don't think Junc ever said Sanchez was a "great" QB; that he was not.

But since 2009, have the Jets had a better QB?

He delivered (and played exceptionally well) in the Jets 2nd greatest win in Jets franchise history.

Never called him great but if you don't say mark Sanchez is the worst QB in the history of the sport then you must be calling him a HOFer.

You continually prove that you're clueless about QBs from the past.  Joe Cool was admired by all.  He was recognized by most as a all time top of the list QB who you would kill to have him l ad your team.  He was a master of the come back at ND and continued that trend in SF.    He not only was the best I ever saw he was loved.  

Maybe by jet fans who never faced SF in a big game but ask Giant fans how they feel? ask bear fans, ask Redskin fans, ask Bengal fans, ask the fans of teams that he killed.  He was not admired by all.

You either aren't old enough to have seen Montana play, or you just enjoy spewing stupid sh!t for the sake of argument. 

Montana took BEATINGS. I saw one get taken off the field in stretcher. Brady's never been hit the way he was. 

did you see the clip against the 1985 Bears I posted?  he was a smaller guy, he couldn't w/stand bigger hits but this notion that he was getting killed every week is laughable.  Over time people forget the reality of what happened but we have video so we can go back and debunk that stuff like I did w/ that clip of the 4 sacks against Chi.

Montana was sacked 313 times in his career in 5391 attempts(in reg season).  One every 17.2 pass attempts

Brady sacked 380 times in 7419 attempts, One every 19.5 attempts

That's not a huge difference.  I understand this doesn't take into account hits on the QB but it gives us a guide.  the perception of the past does not meet reality.

no, he might be the best all around QB and the best athlete as a QB but he's not quite the passer Marino was.  Watched every game that he played here and he was amazing.  As much as I hated to say that.

Rodgers easily completes passes I've never seen Marino even attempt. 30 yards downfield into a 10-inch window between 3 defenders where only his guy has a shot at catching it. 

I watched a lot of Marino. He couldn't do that. He had the 2nd quickest release of all time behind Namath and a cannon but he couldn't match Rodgers combination of power and accuracy. 

he had a very good season, that doesn't mean his 4 years here were very good.  hew as good overall for us, he had one bad year when he had the worst weapons in football around him led by Tony Sparano w/ a sprinkle of tim tebow distraction thrown in.

I deal in reality, you don't make 2 title games, win 4 road playoff games and have 2 chances to reach SBs w/ a bad QB.

You can bash me all you want b/c you are an average fan and don't understand the game.  that is your problem nit mine but thank you for following me at various boards.  I love my fans. 

Never called him great but if you don't say mark Sanchez is the worst QB in the history of the sport then you must be calling him a HOFer.

Maybe by jet fans who never faced SF in a big game but ask Giant fans how they feel? ask bear fans, ask Redskin fans, ask Bengal fans, ask the fans of teams that he killed.  He was not admired by all.

did you see the clip against the 1985 Bears I posted?  he was a smaller guy, he couldn't w/stand bigger hits but this notion that he was getting killed every week is laughable.  Over time people forget the reality of what happened but we have video so we can go back and debunk that stuff like I did w/ that clip of the 4 sacks against Chi.

Montana was sacked 313 times in his career in 5391 attempts(in reg season).  One every 17.2 pass attempts

Brady sacked 380 times in 7419 attempts, One every 19.5 attempts

That's not a huge difference.  I understand this doesn't take into account hits on the QB but it gives us a guide.  the perception of the past does not meet reality.

How many of Brady's sacks were flops where he could have easily slipped pressure but instead fell to his knees quicker than a twenty-dollar whore during fleet week?

Truth.

While I think Brady's drive and determination would have made him a successful QB regardless of where he ended up, that he ended up in New England with Belichick helped him become the G.O.A.T.

Marino with Shula would have been different then Marino with any other team that looked at drafting him that year.

Bill Belichick without Tom Brady:

1991-1995 Browns

2000 Pats

2001 Pats first 2 games

2008 pats last 15 games

113 games total in regular season, 7+ seasons

51-62, 45%

ONE playoff app

1-1 playoff record

ZERO div titles

ZERO div rd wins

ZERO title game apps

ZERO SB apps

5 LOSING seasons in 7+ seasons

Bill Belichick w/ Tom Brady:

2001-2014(minus 2 games in 2001 and 15 in 2008)

2000 Pats won 5 games, 2001 Pats started 0-2 including losing to a bad Bengal team week 1.

213 games, 14+ seasons

166-47, 78%

12 playoff apps

12 div titles

6 conf titles

4 SB titles

9 title game apps

11 div rd apps

missed ONE postseason

worst record was 9-7(tied for 1st but lost div on tiebreakers)

Brady made BB not the other way around.  If not for Brady BB would be a DC somewhere today.

How many of Brady's sacks were flops where he could have easily slipped pressure but instead fell to his knees like a twenty-dollar whore during fleet week?

yes, let's bash a man who does nothing but win and make plays b/c he tries to protect himself at times.  should he run around like Russell Wilson? I don't get your point?

yes, let's bash a man who does nothing but win and make plays b/c he tries to protect himself at times.  should he run around like Russell Wilson? I don't get your point?

I'm not bashing him. He is a great QB, one of the best of all time, easily top 10. He just happens to play like an enormous pussy. 

I'm not bashing him. He is a great QB, one of the best of all time, easily top 10. He just happens to play like an enormous pussy. 

I think he plays smartly. No reason to be "brave" in the regular season. Make the playoffs and then you can stand in the pocket longer. I don't think he is a sally. He is not Roethlisberger but Roethlisberger is where? On the shelf. Sometimes the line between bravery and stupidity is skewed.

we all hate him on the field but the man gets it done much more often than not.  I cannot wait until he retires but while he is playing I will root against him every week but appreciate the greatness I am watching.  I hated Marino too and I appreciated his greatness as well but thankfully he didn't win any SBs.  it sucks that such great QBs have played/are playing for div rivals.

Archived