Cro vs OBJ

kevinc855

If Bowles is worth his mettle in the defensive grand scheme of things, this is where he will have to show it. I don't think you'll exclusively see anyone on OBJ but rolling coverage from many different players on him. And lots of pressure and QB hits on Manning. Bottom line is score more points on the terrible Giants defense and force Eli into mistakes. Run the ball effectively with Ivory and Powell and control the clock. This game won't be won or lost because of the coverage of one player.

If Bowles is worth his mettle in the defensive grand scheme of things, this is where he will have to show it. I don't think you'll exclusively see anyone on OBJ but rolling coverage from many different players on him. And lots of pressure and QB hits on Manning. Bottom line is score more points on the terrible Giants defense and force Eli into mistakes. Run the ball effectively with Ivory and Powell and control the clock. This game won't be won or lost because of the coverage of one player.

Well said. Even the Eli to OBJ connection is dependent on Eli having enough time for downfield passes to be a major factor in the offense. With the Giants' O-Line in even worse shape than they were against the Redskins, we should be able to make Eli uncomfortable and force throws. He has zero mobility.

With Cro's yapping in the media about OBJ this would be like watching Tyson and Spinks.

While the Jets will at times leave the DB's alone to go all blitz happy, I would imagine that our coaching staff will limit any one on one match ups that OBJ will see.  

Hopefully whoever is on OBJ gets safety help as long as we have Gilchrist covering down I think we will be ok. I am much more worried about screen passes.

I'd personally let Pryor "Line him up" on a couple of plays accross the middle. Funnel OBJ Pryor's way and see what happens! May take a little of the hardness out of OBJ's boner.

Jets DLine can not generate a pass rush. If they blitz, it will expose the secondary even more.

If Bowles was smart, he would stay in zone coverage the entire game.

Jets DLine can not generate a pass rush. If they blitz, it will expose the secondary even more.

If Bowles was smart, he would stay in zone coverage the entire game.

They had three sacks last week, two from defensive lineman. They cut down on the blitz heavily last week and still generated a pass rush. The Giants O-Line is not good. Please stop talking as if you have any idea of what you speak of.

They had three sacks last week, two from defensive lineman. They cut down on the blitz heavily last week and still generated a pass rush. The Giants O-Line is not good. Please stop talking as if you have any idea of what you speak of.

Wow, 2 sacks by the DLine against the pathetic Dolphins.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you where the Jets DLine ranks in sacks for the year because you know what you are talking about.

Wow, 2 sacks by the DLine against the pathetic Dolphins.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you where the Jets DLine ranks in sacks for the year because you know what you are talking about.

They rank in the exact middle of the NFL. Sacks don't necessarily tell the whole story. It's more about pressure and causing the QB to make bad throws. Sacks are nice, but getting off the field on a 3rd down after an incompletion is just as good as a sack.

They also rank top 5 in takeaways. Which one is more important?

They rank in the exact middle of the NFL. Sacks don't necessarily tell the whole story. It's more about pressure and causing the QB to make bad throws. Sacks are nice, but getting off the field on a 3rd down after an incompletion is just as good as a sack.

They also rank top 5 in takeaways. Which one is more important?

I agree with you, takeaways (along with points allowed and red zone percentage) are the 3 most important stats a defense can have.

Pryor will KNOCK Ol'BJ  the Fûçk OUT of the game in the 2nd Qtr on a crossing route. Jets will then have to limit Donnell's effectiveness (no Demario Davis in coverage perhaps?) once he becomes Eli's primary option. 

Pryor will KNOCK Ol'BJ  the Fûçk OUT of the game in the 2nd Qtr on a crossing route. Jets will then have to limit Donnell's effectiveness (no Demario Davis in coverage perhaps?) once he becomes Eli's primary option. 

Donnell isn't playing. Will Tye is a threat, but none of the other Giants weapons scare anyone. This won't be a cakewalk, but the Giants aren't good.

I'd personally let Pryor "Line him up" on a couple of plays accross the middle. Funnel OBJ Pryor's way and see what happens! May take a little of the hardness out of OBJ's boner.

If Pryor hit OBJ like he hit Mathews last week we wont have to worry about OBJ beating on Cro all day.

Donnell isn't playing. Will Tye is a threat, but none of the other Giants weapons scare anyone. This won't be a cakewalk, but the Giants aren't good.

that's who I meant. Point is, if Ol'BJ goes down, the TE becomes their #1 option because they really don't have anyone else. Giants aren't good, but neither are we, we'll al just competitive teams WHEN  THEY DECIDE to show up on Sunday's.

If Pryor hit OBJ like he hit Mathews last week we wont have to worry about OBJ beating on Cro all day.

my point exactly. Jets D to Ol'BJ: I must break you. 

We're going to double OBJ the entire game which means lots of man to man for Vereen and Randle.  They aren't great but they are both certainly capable of beating our scrub DB's one on one.

Archived