Week 17 @ Buffalo

AFJF

If it turns out to be the playoff game most prognosticate, and no Winter Storm from Manitoba sweeps in, it is verrrrrry tempting.  Flight is like an hour, no? That would be an INCREDIBLE game to experience LIVE. In theory, it would be a HOME playoff game in that it would occur within the "Tri-State" area, just in the nether lands  of the New York State: Buffalo. 

Just an FYI, I have been a few times.  It's the worst sh*thole to ever go to a game.  Bills fans are the worst piece of crap you have ever seen.   If you wear jets stuff you will get in a fight or jumped.    

I will never go back. 

I've gone to Bills stadium multiple times with Jets gear and never had an issue. I have a lot of Bills fans as friends. They're passionate but fair. 

I've gone to Bills stadium multiple times with Jets gear and never had an issue. I have a lot of Bills fans as friends. They're passionate but fair. 

your ether sitting in a sky box or have not been in a few years.  I live upstate and a bunch of my friends are bill fans and most of them won't go any more cause it's so bad now.  

In theory, it would be a HOME playoff game in that it would occur within the "Tri-State" area, just in the nether lands  of the New York State: Buffalo. 

The tri-state area does not include all of NYS.  Only the parts that are in the metropolitan region.  Jets fans will be largely outnumbered no matter what, trust me.  Buffalo is pretty much the midwest.

The tri-state area does not include all of NYS.  Only the parts that are in the metropolitan region.  Jets fans will be largely outnumbered no matter what, trust me.  Buffalo is pretty much the midwest.

sarcasm, my boy, sarcasm. :rolleyes:

Just an FYI, I have been a few times.  It's the worst sh*thole to ever go to a game.  Bills fans are the worst piece of crap you have ever seen.   If you wear jets stuff you will get in a fight or jumped.    

I will never go back. 

I have been there once, it was pretty bad.  I'd go back though but it's a long ride to Canada to see them play

Buffalo is a hell hole. Cleveland is like Paris compared to Buffalo. Think of every white trash town you can think of from Long Island to Jersey & you get a feel for Buffalo. They call it the Rust Belt for a reason, imagine this entire country & all of the beautiful  places you can choose to live & imagine a huge contingency of white people with Zubaz & 70s haircuts who've decided "this is the place for me" and they're completely satisfied with it. Yes, you will get in a fight and it shouldn't come as a surprise.

Buffalo is a hell hole. Cleveland is like Paris compared to Buffalo. Think of every white trash town you can think of from Long Island to Jersey & you get a feel for Buffalo. They call it the Rust Belt for a reason, imagine this entire country & all of the beautiful  places you can choose to live & imagine a huge contingency of white people with Zubaz & 70s haircuts who've decided "this is the place for me" and they're completely satisfied with it. Yes, you will get in a fight and it shouldn't come as a surprise.

Don't know the last time you have been here but Buffalo has changed a lot in the past two years.

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2015/12/04/buffalo-yes-buffalo-now-ranks-as-the-hottest.html#i1

That's enough for me.  I'll be on the Lazy Boy next to the fire.

That's enough for me.  I'll be on the Lazy Boy next to the fire.

Ha, ha, plus they're out of the playoff race, Rex schnookered them into buying a bunch of season tickets, most will be selling their tickets or giving them away to friends because they've already spent too much money on beer & food at the previous 7 home games & barely have anything left for Christmas.

So, imagine large groups of rednecks that could give two Sh*ts about the game doing mega shots in the parking lot, talking about how much they hate that f*cking Jet chant or people that are actually from New York, not pseudo Canadians. 

I think you made a very intelligent choice.

Damn this changes everything.  "Three one way tickets to Buffalo please."

One of the members of this forum just visited Buffalo this past summer and couldn't believe the change. I know that there was never any loss between downstate and upstate folks but I have to chuckle (hate that word) when I read that this is a hell hole because we are far from it.  

One of the members of this forum just visited Buffalo this past summer and couldn't believe the change. I know that there was never any loss between downstate and upstate folks but I have to chuckle (hate that word) when I read that this is a hell hole because we are far from it.  

I went to school in Upstate Ny. Syracuse, Alfred And the Finger LAkes.  Live in Fairax Virginia now.  Nice place to raise kids.  Once they are gone I'm moving to a beach .  Frolic with my people .

90% of Jets fans who crap all over Buffalo probably have never been there.

Always thought it was a unique, enjoyable city to visit, especially for a football game.

Always thought it was a unique, enjoyable city to visit, especially for a football game.

Thank you PatsFan:  I live in a suburb north of the City but the people in this area (for the most part) are really good and friendly individuals.  Admittedly,  downtown Buffalo was pretty bad a few years ago but there's been a remarkable improvement and there continues to be plenty of employment opportunities.   Both Cuomo and the Pegulas are a large part of our growth.

Thank you PatsFan:  I live in a suburb north of the City but the people in this area (for the most part) are really good and friendly individuals.  Admittedly,  downtown Buffalo was pretty bad a few years ago but there's been a remarkable improvement and there continues to be plenty of employment opportunities.   Both Cuomo and the Pegulas are a large part of our growth.

Probably my favorite exchange in the history of this site.

Graduated from SUNY Buffalo in '09 and the place was crap then.  Not sure how much has changed since then but i will take it from the people who've been there that alot has changed. I however will not be making any special trips there to confirm.

Graduated from SUNY Buffalo in '09 and the place was crap then.  Not sure how much has changed since then but i will take it from the people who've been there that alot has changed. I however will not be making any special trips there to confirm.

Alot has changed since 2009.  One is that we elected a governor that realizes Buffalo is part of New York State. He allotted a lot of money for development and also incentives for businesses to come here.  The other is the Pegulas contribution to downtown Buffalo and there's more to come here.  There's talk about a new football stadium downtown but not until 2020 as we just updated the old stadium this season.

Ha, ha, plus they're out of the playoff race, Rex schnookered them into buying a bunch of season tickets, most will be selling their tickets or giving them away to friends because they've already spent too much money on beer & food at the previous 7 home games & barely have anything left for Christmas.

So, imagine large groups of rednecks that could give two Sh*ts about the game doing mega shots in the parking lot, talking about how much they hate that f*cking Jet chant or people that are actually from New York, not pseudo Canadians. 

You've painted a lovely picture.  Those fans sound like the one's that turn the parking lot into Vietnam and p*ss on SAR's tires.

Never bought into the downstate vs upstate thing.  I've never dumped on Buffalo other than to joke that its the boonies.  And compared to NYC it is.  Just a way to get under the skin of some upstaters.  I've been to Buffalo plenty of time, spent years on business in Rochester and became friendly with a colleague who was from Buffalo and had more than a few crazy weekends there.  

Alot has changed since 2009.  One is that we elected a governor that realizes Buffalo is part of New York State. He allotted a lot of money for development and also incentives for businesses to come here.  The other is the Pegulas contribution to downtown Buffalo and there's more to come here.  There's talk about a new football stadium downtown but not until 2020 as we just updated the old stadium this season.

Jeaniec:

I hope that avatar is a picture of you and not Hillary Clinton.

You can get banned for being political on this forum.

If it is you and you hate Hillary, I apologize.

You need to get out more.  

I travel around the Northeast on business a lot and whenever I have to go to Buffalo, I cringe. It's definitely the worst sh*thole of a city in the northeast. If you like blocks and blocks of vacant lots, boarded up houses and rusting factories, then Buffalo is your place. The people are a bunch of dumb rednecks living in the 80's. I'll be glad when I never have to step foot in the wasteland again. Plus, I've been to a few games there in the past and would never go back ever again.

I travel around the Northeast on business a lot and whenever I have to go to Buffalo, I cringe. It's definitely the worst sh*thole of a city in the northeast. If you like blocks and blocks of vacant lots, boarded up houses and rusting factories, then Buffalo is your place. The people are a bunch of dumb rednecks living in the 80's. I'll be glad when I never have to step foot in the wasteland again. Plus, I've been to a few games there in the past and would never go back ever again.

I was on the fence until the "sh*thole and wasteland" descriptions. 

Never bought into the downstate vs upstate thing.  I've never dumped on Buffalo other than to joke that its the boonies.  And compared to NYC it is.  Just a way to get under the skin of some upstaters.  I've been to Buffalo plenty of time, spent years on business in Rochester and became friendly with a colleague who was from Buffalo and had more than a few crazy weekends there.  

"Never bought into the downstate vs upstate thing"

I really didn't either.  When  I worked on the Paladino (friends with Carl and  family)  for Governor,  I got my lights knocked out by downstate folks.  It was not only Paladino that they hated,  it was the people here in Buffalo.  

Jeaniec:

I hope that avatar is a picture of you and not Hillary Clinton.

You can get banned for being political on this forum.

If it is you and you hate Hillary, I apologize.

It is me and I don't like Hillary.  However,  you're the second person that thought I was Hillary.  Time to put another picture up LOL   Thank you for the heads up on politics.  I am quite active in p......cal campaigns,  mainly local so I may slip up some time.

Archived