Fitz needs 580 yards to top Joe Willie

Maxman

Check my math but I think Fitz needs 580 yards in the last two weeks to break Joe Namath's single season record.

And he is a few TDs away from Testaverde's single season TD record.

Insane to think about.

Let's go Jets.

Marshall and Decker are as of tonight the best (stats) WR tandem in our franchises history.

Fitz, if he plays well the next two weeks, will be amongst the greatest QB seasons in our history.

I really, REALLY, want to see this trio back next year (no matter how the next two weeks pan out) with some new O-line talent to back them up.

16 game season or 14 ?

Namath only played 14 games when he threw for 4007 yards. I am in no way comparing Fitz to Joe Willie. :)

Just saying with 290 yards in each of the last two games, Ryan Fitzpatrick will have thrown for more yards than any Jets QB. Crazy stuff.

Marshall and Decker are as of tonight the best (stats) WR tandem in our franchises history.

Fitz, if he plays well the next two weeks, will be amongst the greatest QB seasons in our history.

I really, REALLY, want to see this trio back next year (no matter how the next two weeks pan out) with some new O-line talent to back them up.

O-Line talent??  This is one of the best lines in the league if you think about it.  Do you know how bad the O-Lines some of these other teams are trotting out?  Be lucky we have this line.  They protect Fitzpatrick well and run block well.  

O-Line talent??  This is one of the best lines in the league if you think about it.  Do you know how bad the O-Lines some of these other teams are trotting out?  Be lucky we have this line.  They protect Fitzpatrick well and run block well.  

Cowboys got to Fitzpatrick most of the night, we need to draft o-line early in the spring. Like the kid at Michigan State.

They arent getting any younger though.

Some GOOD talent behind them would be very smart.

Namath only played 14 games when he threw for 4007 yards. I am in no way comparing Fitz to Joe Willie. :)

Just saying with 290 yards in each of the last two games, Ryan Fitzpatrick will have thrown for more yards than any Jets QB. Crazy stuff.

have to also consider the game where Geno played most of it.

Stats nowadays need asterisks.  Especially for WRs or QBs.  I'm 36, so can't pretend to have seen Joe play live.  But look at some of the classic games.  Think Fairy Brady or handicapped Manning would've lasted long back then?  It's obvious, but I'll answer it; HELLS NO!  Defenses were allowed to kill QBs.  No penalties for grazing the QB's helmet or hitting a "defenseless" WR.

Completely different game now from the 60s-70s.  Even vs the 80s-90s.  

With that said, I'm glad I was wrong about Fitz.  The guy has heart and is easy to root for.  If he can pull out a W next week, he'll be the man!  Especially if Pitt loses tomorrow.

Its already a given. Bowles publicly stated he wants Fitzy back next season to be the starter.

When Geno heard the news, he punched himself in the face. ](*,)

Can we please stop talking about how Fitz is the guy?  Clearly he's not.  Game manager who will only win if the defense pitches shutouts and Ivory runs for 250+ per game.

I keep asking myself how we won any games at all.  Thought it was shutouts or bust with Fitzy.

now you're just confusing me.

Anyways, Fitz is not the QB of the future, but he's clearly our guy right now. Unless you can think of someone better who's available.

not you're just confusing me.

Anyways, Fitz is not the QB of the future, but he's clearly our guy right now. Unless you can think of someone better who's available.

Dude, I've loved the Fitz move since day one...just busting balls for the guys who have been crying all year telling us how terrible he is.

I tried pointing out the fact that he's been a productive QB on teams with terrible defenses for most of his career and some folks didn't want to hear it.

http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/122056-fitzpatricks-familiar-situation-should-have-new-feel/#comment-2797921

Dude, I've loved the Fitz move since day one...just busting balls for the guys who have been crying all year telling us how terrible he is.

I tried pointing out the fact that he's been a productive QB on teams with terrible defenses for most of his career and some folks didn't want to hear it.

http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/122056-fitzpatricks-familiar-situation-should-have-new-feel/#comment-2797921

well alright then...

Says more about how crummy out QB play has been throught our teams history.

But yearh,  Fitzpatrick has been great, and I would give him an extention before they land land back in Jersey.

brick is average at best at this point. Breno sucks. We can use help at tackle 

Can we please stop talking about how Fitz is the guy?  Clearly he's not.  Game manager who will only win if the defense pitches shutouts and Ivory runs for 250+ per game.

while Fitz obviously isn't the guy for years to come, saying he's a game manager at this point is stupid. There's been plenty of games this year where we haven't ran the ball well and Fitz, decker and Marshall have WON us games. Dumb. 

Says more about how crummy out QB play has been throught our teams history.

But yearh,  Fitzpatrick has been great, and I would give him an extention before they land land back in Jersey.

True, but 4k yards passing and 30 TDs used to be a major feat back only a few years ago.

Fitzy and Marshall need to break the records and lead us to their first playoff games ever. 

It's some real storybook sheit yall

Hey Hitman!

Nice to see you back!

Dept. of Corrections must have you on a flex plan.

But seriously, where are all the Geno supporters right now?

Maybe they didn't set their clocks right and missed the season.

its actually slightly sad. fitz has been playing well, but our qb history is pathetic

The running game is wildly inconsistent and they protect Fitz well because Fitz gets rid of the ball faster than any QB in the NFL right now. D-Brick played so bad yesterday night it was disgusting he got beat like a drum in both the pass rush and the running game and I can't for the life of me understand why in the hell Gailey kept running Left to D-Bricks side on all of those short yardage sh*t fests. This football team can't run left at all because Brick is horrible.

If the Jets want to improve on the things that might just turn this offense into an elite machine we have to replace Ivory with a better RB who is not beat up and hurt 50% of the time and we need to see more of Powell who looks much faster than I have ever seen him. If the Jets target an elusive back in the draft kind of in the mold of a shady McCoy they can have a trio of backs that would strike fear into any NFL defense. You let the rookie play into the mix part time keeping Ivory Fresh and you continue to use Powell as the third down back. I thinks its also time to start looking for a LT .

Jets needs are LB (multiple), LT, RB, TE and a true deep threat WR. If the Jets can get lucky and find a real LT via the draft you slowly ease him into the lineup and its time to send Brick on his way and save the money we are currently wasting on him. Hate to say it but hes the weak link on our O-line he has played just terrible this year. I didn't think much of him his whole career other than maybe 2 seasons other than that his lack of run blocking and giving up double digit sacks is getting really old

its actually slightly sad. fitz has been playing well, but our qb history is pathetic

I don't quite agree.

4,000 yards (which I don't think Fitz will get) would be, for example, 6th best all-time for the New York GIANTS, a team with a pretty great QB History.

30 TD's (which I think Fitz has a good chance to get) would be tier for 4th all-time for the Giants, behind only Manning and two Y.A. Tittle seasons.

Yes, our QB's are not Peyton Mannings.  Agreed.

But Namath, O'Brien, Vinny T., even Chad had some productive, solid upper-tier years here and there.

Seattle, for example, has never had a 4,000 yard QB, and their TD record is 32, the only time they ever had more than 28.

while Fitz obviously isn't the guy for years to come, saying he's a game manager at this point is stupid. There's been plenty of games this year where we haven't ran the ball well and Fitz, decker and Marshall have WON us games. Dumb. 

You should scroll up to my previous comment.

I don't quite agree.

4,000 yards (which I don't think Fitz will get) would be, for example, 6th best all-time for the New York GIANTS, a team with a pretty great QB History.

30 TD's (which I think Fitz has a good chance to get) would be tier for 4th all-time for the Giants, behind only Manning and two Y.A. Tittle seasons.

Yes, our QB's are not Peyton Mannings.  Agreed.

But Namath, O'Brien, Vinny T., even Chad had some productive, solid upper-tier years here and there.

Seattle, for example, has never had a 4,000 yard QB, and their TD record is 32, the only time they ever had more than 28.

The last decade of watching Manning, Brady and Brees has really spoiled NFL fans.  It never used to be that way.  Welcome to the new NFL.

Had a debate last night about how the rules will likely keep changing to further protect against the incredible rate of injuries.  Wouldn't surprise me if scoring continues to inflate over the next 10-15 years.

Having said all that, Fitz is having a very nice year.  One stat I particularly like is 20 rushing first downs (4th in the NFL but with an extra game although he missed most of OAK).  He's also the least sacked QB who played every game.  You can't hang his success all on the 'weapons'.  He's definitely 'good enough' to win in the playoffs. 

oh, I know that, just curious before I blow my bro in laws mind today at the family party (he's a bills fan) how far out to stick my chest, lol

Archived