ESPN is reporting Coughlin is out

joewilly12

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough call. Four straight years with no playoffs is unacceptable. But, are they really going to find a coach that's an improvement from Coughlin? Hard to say the game has passed him by when he just won a Super Bowl four years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone saw this coming.

The question is, does he make the HOF?  2 rings and took an expansion team to the AFCG.

I think he does. 

No, he's not a HOFer.  he's Tom Flores part II.

he is a very good HC but only won PO games in 2 of his seasons w/ NYG, missed 6 of the last 7 years.  the 2 SB runs were great but both the team got hot at the right time and in 2011 they don't even make the playoffs if they aren't in that weak division.

as far as the expansion team to AFC Championship, both jax and Carolina had HUGE advantages which helped them both make it in year 2.  he had SB caliber team in Jax and never made it.

really good HC, not a HOFer BUT should have been bale to go out on his terms rather than get fired by the fake class giants.

When Eli retires, he will have 2 rings (possibly more) and probably be damn close to top 5 in every single career passing statistic other than completion %. 

I think he's in.

compiled stats don't mean much especially when he will have played most of his career in this pass happy era.  he has never been on an all pro team, he has led league in INTs THREE times, has thrown 20 or more INts 3 times, 25 or more 2 times.  has only been to playoffs 1 time in last 7 seasons, has only won playoff games in 2 seasons of his career.  yes he played well in helping them win 2 SBs(though he didn't deserve either MVP award).  that was great but not HOF worthy.  he basically has one Hall worthy full season in his career, HOfers should be players that consistently played at an elite level.  he has never done that.

He should just go retire and enjoy himself- how many coaches won 2 Super Bowls

Any coach who has won 2 HOF titles is in the HOF.  He has coached many many years and also beat the pats twice as they were heavy favorites in the SB. He is the Underdog HOF coach. No question he gets in.

Any coach who has won 2 HOF titles is in the HOF.  He has coached many many years and also beat the pats twice as they were heavy favorites in the SB. He is the Underdog HOF coach. No question he gets in.

Flores_Tom_HC_Raiders.jpg

this coach's team DOMINATED their 2 SB wins.

I'd be shocked if Coughlin signed with another team other than in an advisory role. I can't see him being HC any longer. Not that he is incapable of doing the job. He didn't exactly have great groceries to work with this season. 

he wants to keep coaching, don't be surprised if he comes back w/ another team.

Boy joewilly, you had enough opinion to pm me.   Do you really think he resigned on his own?   Then you are dumber then everyone even thought.   

I did it with no harm or malicious intent you in turn decided to call me an a$$hole for pming you the information. 

Coughlin is OUT 

Go read the posts you made when I posted his house was on the market. 

Very good coach overall, made jax relevant almost immediately when they came into the league, he learned from some of his early heavey handed style that had the giants revolting and best of all beat the pats twice which i am forever grateful.  I am far from ny so i don't have to listen to annoying giant fans like the rest of you so I gave him a big thanks for putting the smug pats in their place, twice.

Very good coach overall, made jax relevant almost immediately when they came into the league, he learned from some of his early heavey handed style that had the giants revolting and best of all beat the pats twice which i am forever grateful.  I am far from ny so i don't have to listen to annoying giant fans like the rest of you so I gave him a big thanks for putting the smug pats in their place, twice.

very good coach but I think the making Jax relevant part is overblown.  Jax and Carolina had HUGE advantages coming into the league that no other expansion teams had and both were in conf title games in year 2.

Archived