I Hate The Game Of NFL Football

SoFlaJets

Right now, I can't help it. I have no desire whatsoever to watch even one single snap of this so obviously set up for ratings so-called game. It just really feels like they are trying to "sell" this game overseas or something. What happened to the days of parity, when any team could go from 4-10 to the Super Bowl? Those days my friends are gone for good, now all we get is Brady, Manning, Rothlessburger, or the other Manning Aaron Rodgers Drew Brees or perhaps the Seahawks. I see it especially in the AFC and I hate what has become of the game that I once loved-it's sad really and anybody who doesn't see it is either too young to know how it used to be, or a cry baby Pats fan who only EXPECTS all the calls and non calls to go their way since it has been that way ever since this commish showed his hand with Spygate. 

There are crooked forces at work here and there are games being fixed and games being thrown. I suspect that the main players in the "fixing" are the zebra crews. You guys wait, it will come out, mark my words, somebody is going to get caught and the whole ball of wax is going to come crashing down just like it did with Major League Baseball and steroids. The day is getting closer and (as sure as njmeadowlands is going to slither here and make his usual jerkoff comments) I can't wait til it does.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right now, I can't help it. I have no desire whatsoever to watch even one single snap of this so obviously set up for ratings so-called game. It just really feels like they are trying to "sell" this game overseas or something. What happened to the days of parity, when any team could go from 4-10 to the Super Bowl? Those days my friends are gone for good, now all we get is Brady, Manning, Rothlessburger, or the other Manning Aaron Rodgers Drew Brees or perhaps the Seahawks. I see it especially in the AFC and I hate what has become of the game that I once loved-it's sad really and anybody who doesn't see it is either too young to know how it used to be, or a cry baby Pats fan who only EXPECTS all the calls and non calls to go their way since it has been that way ever since this commish showed his hand with Spygate. 

There are crooked forces at work here and there are games being fixed and games being thrown. I suspect that the main players in the "fixing" are the zebra crews. You guys wait, it will come out, mark my words, somebody is going to get caught and the whole ball of wax is going to come crashing down just like it did with Major League Baseball and steroids. The day is getting closer and (as sure as njmeadowlands is going to slither here and make his usual jerkoff comments) I can't wait til it does.

Rog and David were also directly responsible for Syd's death.

wrong meds?  Paranoia, conspiracies everywhere you look!  :)

LOL ... where were you?

Starr, Unitas, Namath, Tarkenton, Staubach, Griese, Bradshaw, Montana, Kelly, Elway, Marino, Young ...

Dominant teams always revolved around one or two superstars. Nothing has changed. 

LOL ... where were you?

Starr, Unitas, Namath, Tarkenton, Staubach, Griese, Bradshaw, Montana, Kelly, Elway, Marino, Young ...

Dominant teams always revolved around one or two superstars. Nothing has changed. 

Of course something changed, a division rival is doing the dominating, hence the other worldly reasoning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's how I see it ...

The league is trying to create parity - a less bipolar league of haves and have nots like back when there were dynasties and also-rans, and you were either one or the other. And for the most part it's working. But you can't make it work all the time; there will always be some organisations that defy, either by being consistently good or consistently bad. So teams like the Browns may have a good year, but revert to form the next 10 years, or teams like the Patsies or Packers will have a bad year but revert to form. 

What this means is that since there are fewer bad teams, there are also fewer good teams, and the play-offs tend to end up being the usual suspects ... as does the top of the draft. Some teams will fluctuate here and there in the short term - look no further than our 4-12 to 10-6 Jets - which gives excitement and the illusion of progress. But overall the bulk of the league remains mostly in that middle ground.

Is this any different from how it used to be? Better or worse? Depends on what team you support ... the 49ers and Cowboys of old are replaced by the Patsies, Broncos, Packers and so on. The colours change, but overall the set up to me remains the same - haves and have nots. And when your generationl coach or QB moves on, someone replaces you and the wheel continues to turn. And the money continues to roll in.

but bro, the MLB is still going on bro

Yea but who watches it anymore? I haven't sat down and watched a whole baseball game since the last at-bat in the 2001 World Series when the Diamondbacks beat the Yanks. I also have stuck to my original statement that I wouldn't be watching nor did I even care the slightest bit about the NFL post-season, in fact I couldn't even tell you who is playing in the NFC Championship game.

here are the last 15 years of Super Bowl teams QBs

2000-Kurt Warner Steve McNabb

2001- Tom Brady Kurt Warner

2002-Brad Johnson Rich Gannon

2003- Tom Brady Jake Delhomme

2004-Tom Brady Donovan McNabb

2005-Ben Roethlisberger Matt Hasselbeck

2006-Peyton Manning Rex Grossman

2007-Eli Manning Tom Brady

2008-Ben Roethlisberger Kurt Warner

2009-Drew Brees Peyton Manning

2010-Aaron Rodgers Ben Roethlisberger

2011-Eli Manning Tom Brady

2012 Joe Flacco Colin Kaepernick 

2013-Russell Wilson Peyton Manning

2014-Tom Brady Russell Wilson

Yea but who watches it anymore? I haven't sat down and watched a whole baseball game since the last at-bat in the 2001 World Series when the Diamondbacks beat the Yanks. I also have stuck to my original statement that I wouldn't be watching nor did I even care the slightest bit about the NFL post-season, in fact I couldn't even tell you who is playing in the NFC Championship game.

MLB is an infinitely more interesting product than the NFL right now. Pure sports enthusiasts know this. It just doesn't have the same appeal to your average dim-witted short-attention-span-having TV watcher.

I agree, like when people call other posters on a website names while hiding behind their mask of messageboard anonimity

Oh no, I'd say anything I say here to anyone in person.  Nothing to hide over.  I've called no one anything bad here.  Everything here is whiney.  The thread is whiney.  It's what WE do when we're pi$$ed sometimes at the end of the season.

MLB is an infinitely mire interesting product than the NFL right now. Pure sports enthusiasts know this. It just doesn't have the same appeal to your average dim-witted short-attention-span-having TV watcher.

I don't know, maybe if I was still up in Jersey the game would mean more than it does to me now. I was the kid who used to cry when the Yankees would (way too often) lose in the middle to late 60's. I was a Yankee fan when Mickey Mantle was ruining his lifetime batting average, dropping it under .300, but I did get to see him hit those final 53 home runs in  1966, 67, and 68. 

Oh no, I'd say anything I say here to anyone in person.  Nothing to hide over.  I've called no one anything bad here.  Everything here is whiney.  The thread is whiney.  It's what WE do when we're pi$$ed sometimes at the end of the season.

I just don't see why someone talking about what he sees as to the state of the game being called "whining". You've seen the same games that I have these past few years, you've seen the way against certain teams the Jets are continually on the losing end of penalties called, you've seen the Patriots teams get away with the most flagrant of offenses-even given a 1st down when they were a yard short,we all watched as play was stopped so the Jets couldn't score an easy TD on New England like they did earlier against an unaware or not-yet-ready defense. We've ALL watched time and time and time and time again and again at the Jets have to play an nearly perfect game to even squeak out a win against teams like New England, Pittsburgh, the Giants, any Manning team also Dallas is another team that the Jets have to play nearly flawless football to win.   You might consider all of this whining Jet Nut, but I prefer to look at it as; Calling it like I see it 

As I have said, the NFL is becoming more like the NBA. An individual's game. It's not at that level yet, but it's getting there.

Stars getting calls, offenses favored, teams crippled without one player

Even worse than that UWF, it's getting closer to becoming a league that might as well just hire Vince McMahon to run the league after Goodell goes away.

You didn't watch a full game during'09??? 

I just don't see why someone talking about what he sees as to the state of the game being called "whining". You've seen the same games that I have these past few years, you've seen the way against certain teams the Jets are continually on the losing end of penalties called, you've seen the Patriots teams get away with the most flagrant of offenses-even given a 1st down when they were a yard short,we all watched as play was stopped so the Jets couldn't score an easy TD on New England like they did earlier against an unaware or not-yet-ready defense. We've ALL watched time and time and time and time again and again at the Jets have to play an nearly perfect game to even squeak out a win against teams like New England, Pittsburgh, the Giants, any Manning team also Dallas is another team that the Jets have to play nearly flawless football to win.   You might consider all of this whining Jet Nut, but I prefer to look at it as; Calling it like I see it 

Sorry I don't believe the NFL goes about its business by fixing outcomes of games.  I don't think that the Jets are consciously screwed by the refs and the league.  If I did I would watch a different exhibition because it would stop being a sport.

But here's a pe fact example of the huge fail in the theory.  Some fans whined that the NFL wants the beloved Steelers, Big Ben etc in, not the Jets.  But two weeks before the end of the season the Steelers lose to the lousy Ravens and the Jets beat the poster boys for this theory, the Pats.  All we needed to do was to beat the less than mediocre Bills but we lost that game playing lousy football, not because of a conspiracy.  We've beaten Manning, Brady, Rivers, Palmer etc in the playoffs.

Sorry if I don't buy into making excuses for why we lost.  It's because we didn't play well enough.  

MLB is an infinitely more interesting product than the NFL right now. Pure sports enthusiasts know this. It just doesn't have the same appeal to your average dim-witted short-attention-span-having TV watcher.

I still like baseball but even when the yanks were winning every year I'd rather watch the Jets play.  there's just no comparison btw the sports.

Sorry I don't believe the NFL goes about its business by fixing outcomes of games.  I don't think that the Jets are consciously screwed by the refs and the league.  If I did I would watch a different exhibition because it would stop being a sport.

But here's a pe fact example of the huge fail in the theory.  Some fans whined that the NFL wants the beloved Steelers, Big Ben etc in, not the Jets.  But two weeks before the end of the season the Steelers lose to the lousy Ravens and the Jets beat the poster boys for this theory, the Pats.  All we needed to do was to beat the less than mediocre Bills but we lost that game playing lousy football, not because of a conspiracy.  We've beaten Manning, Brady, Rivers, Palmer etc in the playoffs.

Sorry if I don't buy into making excuses for why we lost.  It's because we didn't play well enough.  

Can't you see that they set it up exactly that way to throw you off? I mean... it so obvious. Duh...

Archived