Colin Kaepernick wants out of SF, prefers to join Jets. Thoughts???

Mogglez

I am normally not the type of person to say pass automatically on any player.  I have always been for exploring any and all options but in this case I say pass unless:

- We get him free, as in he gets cut.

- He comes very cheap.

Guys that look great and then look like they have lost it only get it back the odd times, more often than not they don't and the LAST thing I want to see on the jets after FINALLY having a decent looking Qb is to go back to a SanGeno type that makes crap reads and turns the ball over in bad ways.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no way we take on his salary.  We would bring him in if he is cut or if we do trade then that contract needs to be re worked.  I'm not a cotract/cap guy but I would imagine something could be worked out. Is Fitz a better passer?  I'm not sure about that.  You can say Fitz may be a smarter passer and have a better completion percentage because he is a quick short passing QB.  Kap can spread the field more.  I really think he can do good in this system.

how much can you rework a $100+ Million deal?  There's only so much you can restructure.  He's not even that good he was a bottom 5 starting QB last year

that idiot of a head coach decided to run an offense completely different than the offense Kaep played with Harbaugh and succeeded with.  Guessing that has to taken into consideration.   

Thinking Harbaugh might be a better judge than a one and done HCing failure.

Kaep started to decline while Harbaugh was still around.  Defenses figured him out he's an athletic one read qb - all those guys eventually get figured out and they fall off the face of the earth RG3, Vince Young, Tebow and this friggin guy

how much can you rework a $100+ deal?  There's only so much you can restructure.  He's not even that good he was a bottom 5 starting QB last year

Bottom 5 indeed.  SF was horrible last year.  No o-line, no running game, no WR's unless you consider Boldin to still be a top WR and an injured TE.  Add in a new coaching staff with a new schemes and that is a bad recipe all non elite QB's.  The defense was horrible too which put the offense in catch up mode way to often.

Bottom 5 indeed.  SF was horrible last year.  No o-line, no running game, no WR's unless you consider Boldin to still be a top WR and an injured TE.  Add in a new coaching staff with a new schemes and that is a bad recipe all non elite QB's.  The defense was horrible too which put the offense in catch up mode way to often.

Kaepernick wasn't good in 2014 either when they had the same roster that went to multiple NFCG's

As far as I am concerned Colin Kaepernick sucks. He showed his true colors in San Fran. I say the Jets resign Fitz and hope that Bryce Petty amounts to something. Unless a Drew Brees falls in our laps, we are stuck developing a guy and that is most often a crap shoot.

Kaepernick wasn't good in 2014 either when they had the same roster that went to multiple NFCG's

His big year was 2013 but in 2014 he threw for more yards and had a better completion percentage and more rushing yards..  The problem was the team as a whole regressed from 12-4 to 8-8.  

I don't watch all of SF's games but I do know that stats can be misleading.  More yards cold be more garbage time etc.  But I think last year was really just a bad year all around for all of them.  I can't say after one really bad year on a bad team that this guy is not worth taking a shot if everything can fall into place at the right price.  We need a QB and we have to explore all options.

His big year was 2013 but in 2014 he threw for more yards and had a better completion percentage and more rushing yards..  The problem was the team as a whole regressed from 12-4 to 8-8.  

I don't watch all of SF's games but I do know that stats can be misleading.  More yards cold be more garbage time etc.  But I think last year was really just a bad year all around for all of them.  I can't say after one really bad year on a bad team that this guy is not worth taking a shot if everything can fall into place at the right price.  We need a QB and we have to explore all options.

Kaepernick was the reason they regressed.  I used to live in the Pacific Northwest I watched him a lot.  He can't go through full progressions, he has no touch on his throws he even struggles hitting receivers running drag and flat routes.

He's just a name you guys know.

Kaepernick was the reason they regressed.  I used to live in the Pacific Northwest I watched him a lot.  He can't go through full progressions, he has no touch on his throws he even struggles hitting receivers running drag and flat routes.

He's just a name you guys know.

Fair enough since you have seen him play often. I still think we should bring him in if he is cut and try him out. You never know man.

the image of the team is finally changed, fitz set a jet record for td passes (and ran for 2 more), and some people actually want to bring in a guy who 1) analysts say he can't read defenses or go thru progressions, and 2) has one of the worst reps for preparedness and immaturity.  after fitz, if it's not petty, it's certainly not going to be a read option qb like geno/rg3/manziel/kap as these qbs fail in the nfl.

the image of the team is finally changed, fitz set a jet record for td passes (and ran for 2 more), and some people actually want to bring in a guy who 1) analysts say he can't read defenses or go thru progressions, and 2) has one of the worst reps for preparedness and immaturity.  after fitz, if it's not petty, it's certainly not going to be a read option qb like geno/rg3/manziel/kap as these qbs fail in the nfl.

the last 4 Super Bowls have featured a read option QB, including kap. And I'm not sure why you think geno smith is a read option QB either 

the last 4 Super Bowls have featured a read option QB, including kap. And I'm not sure why you think geno smith is a read option QB either 

russell wilson is a smart, accurate qb who takes care of the football for the most part and represents his team respectively and is clearly a leader.  notice how nobody seems to want geno, rg3, manziel or kap, except as desperation last resorts.

russell wilson is a smart, accurate qb who takes care of the football for the most part and represents his team respectively and is clearly a leader.  notice how nobody seems to want geno, rg3, manziel or kap, except as desperation last resorts.

if Kaepernick was so good he wouldn't be available.  The 49rs are banging on our door begging us to take him

Again what does geno smith have to do with the read option QB's? Or do you just like bringing up the boogeyman 

Brees is available because he's 38, has like a $25 million cap hit next year and the Saints were horrible last season.

You missed what I meant.  What I meant was Drew Brees was available from SD.  I'm just saying it does happen.  I'm intrigued with Kaep.  He was on a major trajectory upward, then all hell broke loose.  If I really have a bone to pick with him, it's that he gave off this whole catholic good boy persona, but reality was he was partying it up in his offseason and really buying into his superstar persona without seemingly putting in the continuous work.  He got delivered back to earth in a big way.  Now that could potentially be the wake up call he needs to get himself back on track, in which case given his physical potential I think it would be a wise signing.  But if he hasn't learned from this and isn't willing to rededicate himself to football completely, then I think he'll never pan out. 

Kaep started to decline while Harbaugh was still around.  Defenses figured him out he's an athletic one read qb - all those guys eventually get figured out and they fall off the face of the earth RG3, Vince Young, Tebow and this friggin guy

He lost his weapons and Harbaugh checked out before the season started, he knew they were pushing him out.

funny how these things work.  We pile all our eggs in his bad season and ignore the first years, the playoff wins and trip to the SB.  

You missed what I meant.  What I meant was Drew Brees was available from SD.  I'm just saying it does happen.  I'm intrigued with Kaep.  He was on a major trajectory upward, then all hell broke loose.  If I really have a bone to pick with him, it's that he gave off this whole catholic good boy persona, but reality was he was partying it up in his offseason and really buying into his superstar persona without seemingly putting in the continuous work.  He got delivered back to earth in a big way.  Now that could potentially be the wake up call he needs to get himself back on track, in which case given his physical potential I think it would be a wise signing.  But if he hasn't learned from this and isn't willing to rededicate himself to football completely, then I think he'll never pan out. 

I don't think his career would have gone as well here.  Playing outdoors, substitute Sean Payton for Schitty 

He lost his weapons and Harbaugh checked out before the season started, he knew they were pushing him out.

funny how these things work.  We pile all our eggs in his bad season and ignore the first years, the playoff wins and trip to the SB.  

it's not just that it's easy for you guys to make excuses watch his play on YouTube last two years he's a glorified Geno Smith

He's inaccurate, has no touch on throws and struggles making more than one read.

Oh and he has a $100 million deal

Archived