Brock Osweiller

Lupz27

Sooooo, the Broncos will not be tagging him, and if they do hopefully bye bye Mo Wilk, and hello Von Miller!

So being an UFA are you interested in him as your starting QB?  Let's forget Fitz, he isn't the future, Osweiller if you like him has potential to be the franchise QB (I don't like him, or think he is a franchise QB).

Thoughts, go after Brock?

He is not very good. I wasn't impressed with what he did alongside Demaryius Thomas, Sanders and a HOF defense. You expect a Year 2 and over QB to light it up when he has weapons and a good defense, similar to Cam. Osweiler for all intents and purposes didn't pass muster. So I'll pass on him.

The Broncos chose to go with a broken down version of Peyton Manning, who struggled mightily all season, in the playoffs and Super Bowl instead of Osweiler. And now they aren't tagging him. Maybe they know something the rest of the league doesn't know. I just don't think he is even average, he certainly didn't play the part with lots of weapons at his disposal.

To be honest, and I'm not trying to overrate our own players but Fitzpatrick would be the perfect type of QB for the Broncos right now.  Doesn't command a crazy amount of money allowing you to allocate more money towards the defense and is solid enough to not lose games.  Not saying it will or even should happen just a thought I had when thinking about the Broncos and their offseason ahead.

4 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The Broncos chose to go with a broken down version of Peyton Manning, who struggled mightily all season, in the playoffs and Super Bowl instead of Osweiler. And now they aren't tagging him. Maybe they know something the rest of the league doesn't know. I just don't think he is even average, he certainly didn't play the part with lots of weapons at his disposal.

They need to use the tag on Miller and have a wink wink deal with Osweiller.

8 hours ago, elgoman said:

He is not very good. I wasn't impressed with what he did alongside Demaryius Thomas, Sanders and a HOF defense. You expect a Year 2 and over QB to light it up when he has weapons and a good defense, similar to Cam. Osweiler for all intents and purposes didn't pass muster. So I'll pass on him.

Completed 62% of his passes, had 10 Tds and 6 INTs, averaged 245 yards per game, a QBRating 86.5.

Went 5-2, with big wins over the Pats and Bengals and for all intents and purposes put the Broncos in the playoffs and got them home field advantage all the way.

I would take him in a second

12 hours ago, Fishooked said:

Not a big enough sample size, this is going to be tricky for the Broncos.

But they just won the Super Bowl, so **** them. 

They've seen him up close for years now. It's only not a big enough sample size for non-Broncos teams. 

Like others have said, the team has Peyton Manning who isn't even half what he was a year earlier, who's about to retire, and no backup plan other than retaining Osweiller. Those judging his future worth: their GM was an all-time great QB not really that long ago. Their HC was a former QB, former QBC, and former OC. Their QBC has flip-flopped from that position to OC for 17 years. They've all gotten a good, close look at him. And they're letting Osweiller go?

He certainly could turn into something, but this is the exact opposite of a ringing endorsement, from some people who seem to know the goods when they see it.

8 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

They've seen him up close for years now. It's only not a big enough sample size for non-Broncos teams. 

Like others have said, the team has Peyton Manning who isn't even half what he was a year earlier, who's about to retire, and no backup plan other than retaining Osweiller. Those judging his future worth: their GM was an all-time great QB not really that long ago. Their HC was a former QB, former QBC, and former OC. Their QBC has flip-flopped from that position to OC for 17 years. They've all gotten a good, close look at him. And they're letting Osweiller go?

He certainly could turn into something, but this is the exact opposite of a ringing endorsement, from some people who seem to know the goods when they see it.

Could not agree more

17 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Completed 62% of his passes, had 10 Tds and 6 INTs, averaged 245 yards per game, a QBRating 86.5.

Went 5-2, with big wins over the Pats and Bengals and for all intents and purposes put the Broncos in the playoffs and got them home field advantage all the way.

I would take him in a second

I think he's going to be a good player I just don't think he's leaving Denver

Matt Flynn version 2.0.

Difference is there's no dumb team (like the Raiders) out there who desperately needs a QB and will hand him big money.  Even the Browns don't seem like a team that would do that:  Hue Jackson could be a game-changer for their decision-making skills.  Maybe the Eagles?

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Matt Flynn version 2.0.

Difference is there's no dumb team (like the Raiders) out there who desperately needs a QB and will hand him big money.  Even the Browns don't seem like a team that would do that:  Hue Jackson could be a game-changer for their decision-making skills.  Maybe the Eagles?

He's a better thrower than Flynn and btw everyone complaining about sample size he played half a season -- Flynn got a contract based on one half of a game

6 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

He's a better thrower than Flynn and btw everyone complaining about sample size he played half a season -- Flynn got a contract based on one half of a game

True and it was a colossal mistake. For me not so much the sample size but the relative difference between what the league has seen and the Broncos have seen. They have infinitely more information on him than anyone else. Which makes their decision to get rid of him (if indeed they do) extremely suspect.

On 2/16/2016 at 9:32 AM, elgoman said:

It wasn't his fault Thomas and Vernon Davis dropped a ton of easy catches. not saying he is the answer, but a lot of his failures were not his fault. 

18 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

I think he's going to be a good player I just don't think he's leaving Denver

Agreed.  They've invested too much in him to start over.  He showed a lot as a first time starter.  He just has to prove that he can continue to develop

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

True and it was a colossal mistake. For me not so much the sample size but the relative difference between what the league has seen and the Broncos have seen. They have infinitely more information on him than anyone else. Which makes their decision to get rid of him (if indeed they do) extremely suspect.

They haven't gotten rid of him.  He's UFA and Miller has to be franchised.  

Drew Brees was let go by San Diego.  Alex Smith by the 49ers. Rich Gannon and Kurt Warner had multiple teams give up on them 

Just now, drdetroit said:

Drew Brees was let go by San Diego.  Alex Smith by the 49ers. Rich Gannon and Kurt Warner had multiple teams give up on them 

Not re-signing is letting go.

8 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Exactly.  

Johnny Unitas was let go by the Steelers. 

6 teams dumped the conquering hero. 

Another teams mistake doesn't mean shlt if you're right abou a player. 

Exactly.  

Johnny Unitas was let go by the Steelers. 

6 teams dumped the conquering hero. 

Another teams mistake doesn't mean shlt if you're right abou a player. 

I got a car to sell you. One week old. Half off MSRP. Runs like a dream. Swear to God.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

So was Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch... so what, there are examples for everything under the sun. This is why anecdotal evidence has essentially zero probative value.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Matt Flynn version 2.0.

Brock has a good arm.

Matt Flynn had it between the ears, his arm was shot... so, if Brock is like Matt Flynn with an arm, how is that a bad thing?

I mean, do you not remember all the gripes about Fitz? Arm strength.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

With such an unassailable argument like that I am surprised you didn't take New Hampshire.

Yeah, because you say so.

So you havent answered twice, how much do you think they should pay Fitz?  

More than the 8 mil you laughed at, less that the 12 you deny

Flynn was all world to many Jets fans....

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, because you say so.

So you havent answered twice, how much do you think they should pay Fitz?  

More than the 8 mil you laughed at, less that the 12 you deny

I did answer you, you just don't want to listen. Let's go over it together. You just summarizing that I think 8 too low and 12 too high. So I wonder, just wonder, if that means I think he will get between 8 and 12. Maybe, I dunno, if you push yourself maybe you can figure it out. You still have phone and friend and poll the audience lifelines left. Good luck. But you are very smart to show this much interest in my opinion. You must realize the very high value it has.

PS: the obsession over the per year number is meaningless anyway. Intelligent fans know that it's about guaranteed money and the per year number for the likely life of the contract. Lots of agents throw on years at the end at outrageous prices to jack up the per year number that both sides know will never come to pass.

The Broncos need a quarterback. Elway knows what he's doing and is letting Osweiller walk. What's to discuss? This is the exact type of stuff that we have pondered and argued and discussed and tried over and over and over and over again over the decades. It has never worked. Not once.

Perhaps it's time we start acting like a winning franchise if we want to be one. That means no holding on to prospects for maybe just another year to see if they can put it together. No more picking up the scraps of other teams because of some due diligence bullsh*t. Draft, draft, draft, draft. If they're not good it's fine. On to the next one.

We're competitive for stuff like once every 3-4 years at best. Maybe there's a reason for that. Enough with this.

16 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The Broncos need a quarterback. Elway knows what he's doing and is letting Osweiller walk. What's to discuss? This is the exact type of stuff that we have pondered and argued and discussed and tried over and over and over and over again over the decades. It has never worked. Not once.

Perhaps it's time we start acting like a winning franchise if we want to be one. That means no holding on to prospects for maybe just another year to see if they can put it together. No more picking up the scraps of other teams because of some due diligence bullsh*t. Draft, draft, draft, draft. If they're not good it's fine. On to the next one.

We're competitive for stuff like once every 3-4 years at best. Maybe there's a reason for that. Enough with this.

I completely agree we have to build through the draft, though I have a funny feeling that sometime around 4pm on March 9th, it'll suddenly occur to me that we're only two or three players away from contention, so we'd better be active in free agency or I'll start calling for people to get fired.

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I completely agree we have to build through the draft, though I have a funny feeling that sometime around 4pm on March 9th, it'll suddenly occur to me that we're only two or three players away from contention, so we'd better be active in free agency or I'll start calling for people to get fired.

I think agents will take notice from last year that Mac will throw money around. I think if Mac is interested, parties will listen. 

I'm guessing we'll have anywhere from about $12-25 mil range to spend come FA, and Mac has said he likes using FA for need because there is more certainty. I think we'll always be active in FA as long as the cap permits. 

Archived